Thanks Coach K

Kansas Football.
Back2Lawrence

Thanks Coach K

Post by Back2Lawrence »

This, and 8-4 in year three of Leipold reign are two things as a Kansas fan I don’t think I’d ever utter.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Thanks Coach K

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Unfortunately that's the price of success in the KU Football program.
Let's hope Lance is NOT next - soon.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:17 pm Unfortunately that's the price of success in the KU Football program.
Let's hope Lance is NOT next - soon.

And also thy it’s the system as much as it was Kotelnicki. Although I wish him luck at PSU. My BFF is all Penn State all the time. We agree not to ever talk about Sandusky.

Edit: When we toured Beaver Stadium earlier this year, he and our guide got to talking KU basketball and the guide made some remark about our basketball scandal.

I simply said ‘let’s go easy now, I can cite recent history if I need to.’

But also admitted that Self and everyone here had to know what was going on. Especially when the allegations were limited to basketball operations.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I can't blame Kotelnicki for taking the job.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:46 pm I can't blame Kotelnicki for taking the job.

Of course not.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ooof.
Not great.
Also let’s not call him Coach K.

How about KNick.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

How about Kenicke.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How about Coach DontLetTheDoorHitYouOnTheWayOut.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I suspect the KU offense won't take a step back.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'm actually looking forward to running a little more straight ahead offense...especially in the red zone...it'll be interesting to see who they hire.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If Kansas basketball can replace Roy Williams, who will go down as one of the 10 best coaches in the sport's history with a guy who is even better, then KU football can replace an offensive coordinator.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:03 pm If Kansas basketball can replace Roy Williams, who will go down as one of the 10 best coaches in the sport's history with a guy who is even better, then KU football can replace an offensive coordinator.
Of course. But KU football doesn’t have a history of success like KU basketball does, so it’s normal that it causes a slightly more puckered response.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:46 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:03 pm If Kansas basketball can replace Roy Williams, who will go down as one of the 10 best coaches in the sport's history with a guy who is even better, then KU football can replace an offensive coordinator.
Of course. But KU football doesn’t have a history of success like KU basketball does, so it’s normal that it causes a slightly more puckered response.
In Leipold We Trust
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:27 pm
In Leipold We Trust
If I think about Bill Self, then I don't trust Leipold.
If given the opportunity, why won't/wouldn't he leave for a job at a more elite program that might/will pay him substantially more money than KU will?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:51 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:27 pm
In Leipold We Trust
If I think about Bill Self, then I don't trust Leipold.
If given the opportunity, why won't/wouldn't he leave for a job at a more elite program that might/will pay him substantially more money than KU will?
Maybe I am just gullible and believe that he wants to continue to do the work he came here to do. Leipold was brought here and came here to accomplish a specific thing and maybe he simply wants to do what he came here to do. I am a project guy and like to see a project through to the end even if it takes a long time so I get it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

How about we quit worrying about all this and just enjoy the fact that we all look FORWARD to a Kansas Football game?

Lance will be here until he isn't.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think oil and water in this move. Penn State is conservative even in a conservative conference. I had to laugh at one of the YouTube commenters who mentioned that he would be taking on "elite" athletes. He is leaving elite offensive athletes to take on a program stuck in 1980. He should have waited for a HC position. Penn State is a graveyard for OCs.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Penn State is a graveyard for OCs, in no small part, because Franklin seem to run the bus over OCs repeatedly.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:10 pm Penn State is a graveyard for OCs, in no small part, because Franklin seem to run the bus over OCs repeatedly.
My thoughts too. He has had several. Ego is toxic. Andy should have played the long game. There are several good openings already
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Maybe they promised him full control of play calling or something. Obviously the or something would be $.