Post by jhawks99 »

Woodford here
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: KU/UNLV Guaranteed ___________ Bowl

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

SUPER BOWL!

Found the "Locker Room" shirt in blue and another ok shirt for sale (see 3rd pic) but am looking for the shirt in gray and the hat. If anyone finds them for sale please let me know. Thanks!

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KU's WRs last night:

Luke Grimm 4-160-3
Lawrence Arnold 6-132-3
Quentin Skinner 2-80

12 catches, 372 yards, 6 TDs
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is production. Grimm did it with one eye for a while
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I gots to get me one of these.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good shit!

Feels so nice to be not embarrassed (even proud!) of KU football again.

It kinda felt like the powers that be wanted to keep it close. And every time we were about to blow the lid off it, another phantom personal foul.

And yea, I’ve seen better teevee broadcasts on the local public access channel.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, that was an ESPN+ caliber production last night. I hope KU gets a better bowl game next just so it's more watchable.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Everyone noticed the amateur hour production quality and the refs. ESPN should issue an apology to Kansas for allowing this dreck. It was a Mountain West commercial and gambling primer
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:32 am Everyone noticed the amateur hour production quality and the refs. ESPN should issue an apology to Kansas for allowing this dreck. It was a Mountain West commercial and gambling primer
It was just super disorganized. Mowins is usually pretty good, but it was one instance after another of Mowins and her partner not really seeming to have any grasp of what was actually happening on the field. To the point that I wondered whether they were even on-site.

To say nothing of course of the weird directorial decisions on what replays to show.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:36 am
Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:32 am Everyone noticed the amateur hour production quality and the refs. ESPN should issue an apology to Kansas for allowing this dreck. It was a Mountain West commercial and gambling primer
It was just super disorganized. Mowins is usually pretty good, but it was one instance after another of Mowins and her partner not really seeming to have any grasp of what was actually happening on the field. To the point that I wondered whether they were even on-site.

To say nothing of course of the weird directorial decisions on what replays to show.
It felt like they only had a few cameras and that whoever was producing the game from their truck wasn't doing a good job of staying up on what was happening. They showed some replays but did a terrible job of integrating them into the game when needed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There was always Stormy to bring us back to a hot take.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:25 pm There was always Stormy to bring us back to a hot take.
Is this the sideline reporter who said she's a lifelong UNLV fan the first time she got her face on my teevee?
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:30 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:25 pm There was always Stormy to bring us back to a hot take.
Is this the sideline reporter who said she's a lifelong UNLV fan the first time she got her face on my teevee?
Bingo.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It’s almost like ESPN didn’t send a professional level crew to cover a college football bowl game that would draw ~27k fans at a ~49k Baseball stadium.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:33 pm It’s almost like ESPN didn’t send a professional level crew to cover a college football bowl game that would draw ~27k fans at a ~49k Baseball stadium.
I also wonder if some of the disconnect was due to the funky layout - if they were calling the game from the baseball stadium's press box, I think that meant they were WAY back of one corner of the field. Not exactly ideal for, you know, seeing the action for purposes of describing it.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I dunno. Producers and such are giving announcers info into their ears/on their screens. That’s part of the magic of how they see everything so fast.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:43 pm I dunno. Producers and such are giving announcers info into their ears/on their screens. That’s part of the magic of how they see everything so fast.
Yeah - the producer was obviously not any good. There was no coherence to the broadcast whatsoever. Even the sound cut in and out at times. It was just shit.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

At least KU gets it’s Guaranteed Rate to play in the game though, right?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ESPN mailed it in. We are seeing their cash flow issues very apparently now.