Post by jhawks99 »

Gonna retire #0 at the methzura game.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 81993.html
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Bill is Trollin messourah

Post by pdub »

“We will put Thomas Robinson’s jersey in the rafters at the Missouri halftime, which is perfect,” Self said Monday on his Hawk Talk radio show.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't really understand what took ten years. Give people their flowers, man. This was a no-brainer.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sorry, I'm stupid. I don't get it. Why is it significant it's going to happen against Missouri - other than it's our former rival?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The replay of TRob’s block on Pressey will be a special kind of ovation
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:53 am Sorry, I'm stupid. I don't get it. Why is it significant it's going to happen against Missouri - other than it's our former rival?
Because MIZZOU's last game in AFH as a B12 member was vs Thomas Robinson and TRob had himself a GAME ( during a 16 or so point comeback ) including his famous game saving block on Pressey.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:01 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:53 am Sorry, I'm stupid. I don't get it. Why is it significant it's going to happen against Missouri - other than it's our former rival?
Because MIZZOU's last game in AFH as a B12 member was vs Thomas Robinson and TRob had himself a GAME including his famous game saving block on Pressey.
Hope you've got your gutter-shield on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:02 pm
Because MIZZOU's last game in AFH as a B12 member was vs Thomas Robinson and TRob had himself a GAME including his famous game saving block on Pressey.
Oh, I know.
There's bound to be something.

My guess something something about downplaying the rivalry ( yes MIZZOU still is our biggest rival ) and something something about TRob fouling ( probably a foul but holyshit do you remember the ref job in the prior game @ MIZZOU? ).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:04 pm

Oh, I know.

My guess something something about downplaying the rivalry ( yes MIZZOU still is our biggest rival ) and something something about TRob fouling ( probably a foul but holyshit do you remember the ref job in the prior game @ MIZZOU? ).
I was figuring the no-call, exactly.

(Yes, it could very well have been called a foul. No, that does not detract from the awesomeness of the play or the win. I will take no further questions on this matter.)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TRob had 28 points and 12 rebounds ( and 1 block ) in that win.
One of his best games in his career.

And then, to counter the rivalry thing just quickly, KU's average cost per ticket on the secondary market for this game is only bested by Houston, Baylor and Texas, all are Saturday games during the heat of conference play, and all are currently ranked in the top 15 in college basketball. This is unranked MIZZOU in December, two days before student Finals.

I think it's safe to say if MIZZOU was ranked, this would be the hottest ticket at AFH for the season, so yes, they are our rivals.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm TRob had 28 points and 12 rebounds ( and 1 block ) in that win.
Thank god the clock expired before English (right? or was it Denmon?) got the last shot up. Because loosing on the ball flatly sticking to the hoop bracket or whatever that's called, before falling, would have sucked mondo ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm TRob had 28 points and 12 rebounds ( and 1 block ) in that win.

And then, to counter the rivalry thing just quickly, KU's average cost per ticket on the secondary market for this game is only bested by Houston, Baylor and Texas, all are Saturday games during the heat of conference play, and all are currently ranked in the top 15 in college basketball. This is unranked MIZZOU in December, two days before student Finals.

I think it's safe to say if MIZZOU was ranked, this would be the hottest ticket at AFH for the season, so yes, they are our rivals.
Anyone who denies that Mizzou is our rival is...just playing into the worst stereotypes of KU fans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I vaguely remember thinking for a moment they had hit the game winner at AFH to close down the series forever.

I almost died.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:21 pm I vaguely remember thinking for a moment they had hit the game winner at AFH to close down the series forever.

I almost died.
It's like losing on a banked shot (ask Iowa State how it felt to have Ben miss a thirty footer so badly...that it went in).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Oh, I know.

Thanks!
Now that you have pointed that out and I have given it some thought, it makes a lot more sense to me in regards to the memory for TRob and the fans - who this is ultimately for.
I just figured there isn't a current coach or player on the Missou team that really gives a fudge about that game.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Oh, I know.

Thanks!
Now that you have pointed that out and I have given it some thought, it makes a lot more sense to me in regards to the memory for TRob and the fans - who this is ultimately for.
I just figured there isn't a current coach or player on the Missou team that really gives a fudge about that game.
Not our fault that this game, which happened in 2012, was four coaches ago for Mizzou.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:33 pm

Oh, I know.

Thanks!
Not our fault that this game, which happened in 2012, was four coaches ago for Mizzou.
:D

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Their fans do.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:44 pm
Their fan does.
FYP ;)
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Does Missouri have an instruction video on how to act during basketball games?