54 ISU
56 BYU
57 OSU
60 ksu
61 Utah
67 Baylor
70 Houston
94 Colorado

It is kind of a bummer we can't get any Kansas kids at all.
ksu eating our lunch there.
twocoach

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:40 pm Recruiting rankings:

1 Georgia
2 Bama
3 Ohio State
4 Texas
5 FSU

23 Texas Tech
31 TCU
32 UCF
44 KU
45 ASU
47 WVU
49 Cincy
51 Zona
54 ISU
56 BYU
57 OSU
60 ksu
61 Utah
67 Baylor
70 Houston
94 Colorado

It is kind of a bummer we can't get any Kansas kids at all.
ksu eating our lunch there.
I think we'll start seeing a shift there soon.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I agree. It is also about getting the right kids. KSU is beginning its decline IMO.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:52 am
Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:30 am Logan Brantley is a LB signee--do you mean portal guy?
Yes was talking about portal needs, Logan was in ly class.

This year we got Jonathan Kamara and JACOREY STEWART both should be good.
Was afraid maybe he left. Good to see the two newbies. Great position to play quickly
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

42. Kansas Jayhawks

ESPN 300 commits: 1 | Previous ranking: 42
Big 12 rank: 5 of 16
Top offensive commit: RB Harry Stewart (three-stars)
Top defensive commit: LB Dakyus Brinkley (No. 249)
Lance Leipold and staff continue to elevate the Kansas program and are in contention to assemble the Jayhawks' highest-ranked class in a decade. They have put an emphasis on defense with several quality additions on that side of the ball, including Brinkley. A prospect who posted strong testing numbers on the camp circuit during the offseason, he has a nice blend of speed and quickness and can develop into a versatile defensive player for them. Among several cornerbacks in the class is four star Austin Alexander who has good instincts and at roughly 6-foot-1 has nice length to match up with bigger receivers. On offense, Stewart is a compact but powerful runner with good vision and acceleration who ran for over 1,200 yards as a senior. A big man who is a two-sport athlete and also plays baseball in high school, Harrison Utley is a flexible and aggressive player to develop as an OL.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

It's nice to actually have something to talk about with KU football recruiting at this time of year. Usually talking about the guys who flipped at the last minute or a bunch of Juco transfers. This staff is doing a tremendous job of evaluating and coaching up. It still irks me that we didn't get any top in-state players though. Hopefully, that will soon change.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:31 am Sounds like KU did not lose a single verbal commit despite their OC leaving the program. All their verbal commits signed today. That's a pretty impressive achievement by Leipold and staff.
Yeah well the thing is Coach Andy was not an ace recruiter. Play caller for sure but he was not big time recruiter which we should see upside with Grimes.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

AlOerter wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:20 am It's nice to actually have something to talk about with KU football recruiting at this time of year. Usually talking about the guys who flipped at the last minute or a bunch of Juco transfers. This staff is doing a tremendous job of evaluating and coaching up. It still irks me that we didn't get any top in-state players though. Hopefully, that will soon change.
WE got Kansas players.

Donald Collier — WR
Hollis Moeller — LS
Micah Johnson — RB
Jason Strickland — DL
Tyler Antle — P
Wesley Edison — ATH
Myles Ewell — OL

They all from KANSAS. They all PWO. Edison is from Free State he going to be lb. Antle he is Punter from Frontenac Kansas which to be honest I never heard of.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:37 pm 42. Kansas Jayhawks

ESPN 300 commits: 1 | Previous ranking: 42
Big 12 rank: 5 of 16
Top offensive commit: RB Harry Stewart (three-stars)
Top defensive commit: LB Dakyus Brinkley (No. 249)
Lance Leipold and staff continue to elevate the Kansas program and are in contention to assemble the Jayhawks' highest-ranked class in a decade. They have put an emphasis on defense with several quality additions on that side of the ball, including Brinkley. A prospect who posted strong testing numbers on the camp circuit during the offseason, he has a nice blend of speed and quickness and can develop into a versatile defensive player for them. Among several cornerbacks in the class is four star Austin Alexander who has good instincts and at roughly 6-foot-1 has nice length to match up with bigger receivers. On offense, Stewart is a compact but powerful runner with good vision and acceleration who ran for over 1,200 yards as a senior. A big man who is a two-sport athlete and also plays baseball in high school, Harrison Utley is a flexible and aggressive player to develop as an OL.
By far our #1 offensive recruit is QB Isaiah "ZEKE" Marshall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlU43zo ... rtsDetroit

Won the State Championship where he was best QB on the field.

The other QB Bryce Underwood is the #1 ranked player in 2025.

He is early enrollee so he will learn from JD and when JD leaves we good.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:55 am
AlOerter wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:20 am It's nice to actually have something to talk about with KU football recruiting at this time of year. Usually talking about the guys who flipped at the last minute or a bunch of Juco transfers. This staff is doing a tremendous job of evaluating and coaching up. It still irks me that we didn't get any top in-state players though. Hopefully, that will soon change.
WE got Kansas players.

Donald Collier — WR
Hollis Moeller — LS
Micah Johnson — RB
Jason Strickland — DL
Tyler Antle — P
Wesley Edison — ATH
Myles Ewell — OL

They all from KANSAS. They all PWO. Edison is from Free State he going to be lb. Antle he is Punter from Frontenac Kansas which to be honest I never heard of.
https://kansas.rivals.com/commitments/football/2024
https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Footb ... /&State=KS

I'm not seeing any of those guys.
Preferred walkons doesn't move the needle when almost every single top recruit is going to ksu.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:32 am
WE got Kansas players.

Donald Collier — WR
Hollis Moeller — LS
Micah Johnson — RB
Jason Strickland — DL
Tyler Antle — P
Wesley Edison — ATH
Myles Ewell — OL

Preferred walkons doesn't move the needle when almost every single top recruit is going to ksu.
Not enough talent coming out of the state of Kansas to be a major red flag yet. If this is still like that a year or two from now then I'll be a little more worried. I expect that next year's class will have some state of Kansas recruits included.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:20 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:32 am

WE got Kansas players.

Donald Collier — WR
Hollis Moeller — LS
Micah Johnson — RB
Jason Strickland — DL
Tyler Antle — P
Wesley Edison — ATH
Myles Ewell — OL

Not enough talent coming out of the state of Kansas to be a major red flag yet. If this is still like that a year or two from now then I'll be a little more worried. I expect that next year's class will have some state of Kansas recruits included.
Well you might not understand but we actually don't own the state in football. That other team you know that team that wears purple. Yea them they actually have been better then we have for awhile. Don't know maybe five, ten or fifteen years. So for us to take over we need to smoke the team in purple a couple times. Should have won this year but didn't. Not sure why I kinda blank on bad memories. I'm sure Sparko can fill you in if you must know the why. Had to be the refs, bad calls or injuries or something along those lines. Sparko????

The Kansas 2025 class is a step up from 2024. We were in for some in 2024. We went hard for Michael Boganowski a linebacker but lost out to OU. Good news he not playing for the team that wears purple.
WE did get Jacorey Stewart who is All State linebacker from FREAKING Georgia. Jacorey plays in the highest class and his school won the state. He pulled in a pick six to clinch the championship.

So we need to smoke the team in purple. Develop some relationships. Try to wipe out the memories of the states HS football coaches who last received a phone call the coach on the other end was FAT BOY CHARLIE. These things will take some time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hartjack: special teams disasters and TTU injuries.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. Winning cures most everything. KU will need to win in the state to recruit in the state.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm Should have won this year but didn't. Not sure why I kinda blank on bad memories. I'm sure Sparko can fill you in if you must know the why. Had to be the refs, bad calls or injuries or something along those lines. Sparko????
In order of issues:
1. Bean was hurt/held out
2. Our defense dropped an easy pick six
3. Phantom hold gave ksu a chance to get another set of downs and score 7
4. Fumbled a punt which led to 7
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:52 pm Hartjack: special teams disasters and TTU injuries.
My MAN! Thank You
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:01 pm
hartjack8 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm Should have won this year but didn't. Not sure why I kinda blank on bad memories. I'm sure Sparko can fill you in if you must know the why. Had to be the refs, bad calls or injuries or something along those lines. Sparko????
In order of issues:
1. Bean was hurt/held out
2. Our defense dropped an easy pick six
3. Phantom hold gave ksu a chance to get another set of downs and score 7
4. Fumbled a punt which led to 7
Fumbled Punt...I thought that was two years ago. But special teams was really bad two years ago so it could have been something else.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ouch. That was a frustrating game
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Looking at the stadium destruction...they are tearing down more than originally stated? So, for sure (maybe for sure) not playing in the construction site next year?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »