KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by hartjack8 »

12189560.jpeg
12189560.jpeg (31.67 KiB) Viewed 563 times

There was some crazy stuff happening around the early signing day. This is a picture of a ceremony @ Buford High GA. First off this was a live broadcast with like 8 sitting up there going to division 1 schools.
The player on the left is QB #1 Dylan Raiola. He was a Georgia commit that flipped to the Nubs. This all happened the last weekend. The Nubs called him up and made NIL offer he could not refuse.

The player in the middle is Eddrick Houston DL going to Ohio State. The player on the right is K J Bolden the #1 Safety. He was long time FSU commit. The way the ceremony played out they had big screen behind and would post on the screen name of player and where they were going. So this picture taken right when the screen says K J Bolden Georgia. K J pulls the hat out sets it down, Dylan says wtf bro cause he had tried apparently to get him to sign with Georgia, Houston is like DAMN and K J is laughing,
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:04 am 12189560.jpeg

There was some crazy stuff happening around the early signing day. This is a picture of a ceremony @ Buford High GA. First off this was a live broadcast with like 8 sitting up there going to division 1 schools.
The player on the left is QB #1 Dylan Raiola. He was a Georgia commit that flipped to the Nubs. This all happened the last weekend. The Nubs called him up and made NIL offer he could not refuse.

The player in the middle is Eddrick Houston DL going to Ohio State. The player on the right is K J Bolden the #1 Safety. He was long time FSU commit. The way the ceremony played out they had big screen behind and would post on the screen name of player and where they were going. So this picture taken right when the screen says K J Bolden Georgia. K J pulls the hat out sets it down, Dylan says wtf bro cause he had tried apparently to get him to sign with Georgia, Houston is like DAMN and K J is laughing,
Dylan Raiola signed an NIL deal with Panini Cards: https://clutchpoints.com/nebraska-footb ... a-nil-deal

It probably didn't hurt Nebraska's pitch that his dad is Dominic Raiola who was an All American at Nebraska and that his uncle Donovan is Nebraska's offensive line coach.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:02 am Looking at the stadium destruction...they are tearing down more than originally stated? So, for sure (maybe for sure) not playing in the construction site next year?
Yeah, I thought they were doing one side this offseason, the other the next offseason, etc... Now it looks like they are just tearing the whole thing out. Weird for sure.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I hope they find my dark blue Packer Plastic KANSAS cup. I left it somewhere in the horseshoe lower reaches.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Well damn. It looks like Austin Booker is gone. Did not travel with the team.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Well damn. It looks like Austin Booker is gone. Did not travel with the team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well shit.
What’s that mean?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:27 pm Well shit.
What’s that mean?
REally not sure. Keys and Booker were potal transfers ly. Keys graduated so current rules he can transfer and is good to go. He gone. Booker under current rules to transfer would have to sit a year or get wavier from NCAA. However a court just wacked that so apparently if you transfer right now you can play next year without any NCAA clown approval. This has opened the door for Booker to portal. He was NFL or KU and now it's NFL or anybody. If he went with team then I would say we were still in a position for Booker to return next year. But he did not so he gone.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I thought Booker should go pro myself.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Seeing on twitter that Devin Neal announced he is coming back for his senior season next year. If KU returns all their WRs and QB Daniels is healthy, KU's offense will be a beast next season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:13 pm Seeing on twitter that Devin Neal announced he is coming back for his senior season next year. If KU returns all their WRs and QB Daniels is healthy, KU's offense will be a beast next season.
Honestly, anything short of a second-tier bowl would be a disappointment if we stay reasonably healthy. The offense should be impossible.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Armaj Reed-Adams starting left guard has entered the transfer portal. He moved over to RT the last two games. He was for sure starter on ol. No bueno.

So lt Punni did not play in bowl and was replaced by true freshman Calvin Clements. We losing Punni and oc Novitsky to graduation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cobee Bryant just announced he is returning for next season. Huge news.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Ar ... 223593917/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Whoo hoo!!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, with Bryant and Dotson both coming back, KU will have probably the best starting cornerback tandem in the Big 12 and one of the best in the country. Very exciting news indeed.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It’s not player centric, but I really hope the team doesn’t play at Arrowhead.

It’s in fucking Missouri! No! One basketball game…ok, whatever, I’ll let the rationalization on that one be.

But an entire season, in Missouri. Ewwww.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:47 pm It’s not player centric, but I really hope the team doesn’t play at Arrowhead.

It’s in fucking Missouri! No! One basketball game…ok, whatever, I’ll let the rationalization on that one be.

But an entire season, in Missouri. Ewwww.
Of course, I don't live near Lawrence anymore, so I miss a lot and hadn't heard about that. And while I share your aversion to helping the Mo economy, short of having only ~ 25,000 spectators at Booth Memorial, where other than Arrowhead is there? Bill Snyder Family Stadium?

KU football could play at Arrowhead Stadium next year

LAWRENCE, Kan. — The Kansas Jayhawks football program is considering a move to the east — at least, for the 2024 season.

University of Kansas leadership and the Kansas City Chiefs front office confirm for FOX4 the two camps are discussing moving games to Arrowhead Stadium while construction continues at Booth Memorial Stadium.

That work is part of a $448 million renovation. The project is nowhere close to being finished.

Any games on campus at KU in 2024 would be limited to a capacity of around 25,000 in the parts of the stadium that are still intact. For now, heavy equipment and workers in hard hats are more common than football players and coaches.

It’s a source of concern for downtown Lawrence business owners, which draw fan traffic to Massachusetts Street stores and bars from less than a mile away from the stadium.

Managers at popular sportswear store Jock’s Nitch say a Saturday during football season is 10 times more profitable than an average weekend day.

“We understand it’s something that has to be done. Would we rather have all our games here? Yes, but if it’s in the middle of construction, and it’s a mess, it’s not going to be best for our fan base,” Ryan Owens, store manager at Jock’s Nitch, said.

Restaurants lament the possibility of losing football fans for a year, too. Brandon Graham, one of the owners at Jefferson’s on Mass Street, said his restaurant might do twice as much business when the Jayhawks play at home.

“We’ll still have people watching the game, but undoubtedly, there will be an impact with the foot traffic from out of town, and quite frankly, for the whole weekend. Al of downtown benefits from that,” Graham said.

KU officials still want to play ball at Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. They could make a decision within the next month.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Could be worse.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pretty bad timing considering we could have our best team since the Orange Bowl if Daniels ends up healthy.