KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by hartjack8 »

The 2024 Hulu bowl about to start at noon eastern time. We got QB Bean and lb Young in the game.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Bean is starting QB
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

HulA. Thanks for the heads up! Game is on CBS Sports.
Bean is doing basically nothing. Will probably get yanked after the 1st Quarter if he continues to do nothing.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Bean had two series and now he's out. Didn't do much more than I would have.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Ku lands another out of the portal OL Darrell Simmons from Iowa St.
Muy Muy Bueno.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Arnold, Grimm and Skinner all returning. With Neal back and hopefully a healthy Daniels, we should be loaded for bear on offense.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

AlOerter wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:34 pm Arnold, Grimm and Skinner all returning. With Neal back and hopefully a healthy Daniels, we should be loaded for bear on offense.
Yay!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Looks like we about to lose Jordan Peterson to Texas A&M. He just got promoted to defense back Co-DC and was our #1 recruiter on the defensive side. He was position coach for our stud db's and lead recruiter on our new stud de's. This is way worse than Coach Andy. He was by far our best recruiter.

Freakin no bueno.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Would be nice to meet or exceed the salary
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:53 pm Looks like we about to lose Jordan Peterson to Texas A&M. He just got promoted to defense back Co-DC and was our #1 recruiter on the defensive side. He was position coach for our stud db's and lead recruiter on our new stud de's. This is way worse than Coach Andy. He was by far our best recruiter.

Freakin no bueno.
Has to be tough for these guys to know what to do with so many moving parts in the college and pro games right now.

If Harbaugh leaves Michigan I have seen LL as maybe a top 5 choice for them.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Peterson is gone. An A$M alum. Just hope we can get a great replacement. Football seems to be more of an off season sport these days. Holding on to athletes and coaches championship
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:18 am Peterson is gone. An A$M alum. Just hope we can get a great replacement. Football seems to be more of an off season sport these days. Holding on to athletes and coaches championship
Peterson was a Les Miles hire. When LL came he stayed but got moved off field into analyst role. After the first year he got moved back on field as DB coach. He was aces as a recruiter and was rated as #1 in the Big12. Pretty sure LL saw what he had as he promoted him to Co-DC but he was only making 275,000 before this.

The timing of this was hugely in our favor. We should lose no players at this time.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Well, that's that....

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2uzzBqMxv1 ... loYXFrbg==

Childrens Mercy and Arrowhead it is next year.

See you in 2025 Booth!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kind of a bummer timing wise but if they make the playoffs next season and then have a beautiful new stadium opening the following year it could be a huge uptick for recruiting.

The old one definitely needed to be torn to the ground, though. I look forward to not having to use a porta potty while inside a stadium. I might try to go to one of the games in each stadium just to experience it and do my part to keep some butts in seats during the transition.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I wanted to see an interior upgrade on Memorial, but it was a historic stadium that has been destroyed now. The new will wear off quickly, so I hope the gorgeous views will still be possible from the stands.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU

8/31 - Linewood
9/7 - @ Illinois
9/14 - UNLV
9/21 - @ WVU
9/28 - TCU
10/05 - @ ASU

10/12 - BYE

10/19 - Houston
10/26 - @ ksu

11/02 - BYE

11/09 - ISU
11/16 - @ BYU
11/23 - Colorado
11/30 - @ Baylor
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:18 pm I wanted to see an interior upgrade on Memorial, but it was a historic stadium that has been destroyed now. The new will wear off quickly, so I hope the gorgeous views will still be possible from the stands.
Funny you should say that. In a coincidence, the stadium I try to attend multiple games a season in is also being "renovated/knocked down" - and had nice views.
Looks like those views will be eliminated.

Before....

After....
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The renderings seem like they will keep the views to the hill mostly open. I agree it’d be a shame if they didn’t.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:33 pm The renderings seem like they will keep the views to the hill mostly open. I agree it’d be a shame if they didn’t.
If they don't my dad says it's because it's being designed by someone who isn't a Jayhawk. No Jayhawk would ruin the hill.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

When I was a kid we would go sit on a blanket on the hill and watch while listening to a small transistor radio for the play by play.