Official hoo's ur Daddy Thread

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Official hoo's ur Daddy Thread

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's not ideal that km, dh, hd and kja are forced to play 35-40 minutes every game. somebody/somebodies needs to start providing some relief for those guys.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:03 am an ideal fit? Ideal? so if you could pick any singular bench player to put on this team, you'd pick Timberlake? Sheesh, we must be watching different games.
If I could pick any singular bench player, I'd pick someone who can knock down threes. Timberlake has that skill and he has proven that in his career. It remains to be seen if he ever will figure it out how to get back to doing that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:25 am I'd like him to start doing what he came here to do because that would help us but i'd rather Furphy and Jamari do what he came here to do because they provide his skillset and then some.
This.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:42 am it's not ideal that km, dh, hd and kja are forced to play 35-40 minutes every game. somebody/somebodies needs to start providing some relief for those guys.
I think it's perfectly fine if our main 5 guys play 35+ in close important games, as long as they can stay out of foul trouble while still playing hard on defense. It's only a 40ish game season. These guys are in fantastic shape.

I'd prefer Furphy and JM play the majority of those other/leftover minutes. Mostly because I think they are better at basketball than NT.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:14 am
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:03 am an ideal fit? Ideal? so if you could pick any singular bench player to put on this team, you'd pick Timberlake? Sheesh, we must be watching different games.
If I could pick any singular bench player, I'd pick someone who can knock down threes. Timberlake has that skill and he has proven that in his career. It remains to be seen if he ever will figure it out how to get back to doing that.
hes proven it at high level D1? against high level D1 opponents, under pressure of being a top 5 team?

What games you watchin?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:04 am There's nothing theoretical about timberlakes shooting. He's a high level shooter. We've seen it already, the mechanics and everything

It's just hard to get in a rhythm when you are playing spot minutes. He knows he's one defensive lapse from getting yanked and is stressing
what games have we seen it in?

pdub is right, Furphy does what Timberlake does but with a much much higher ceiling.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:46 am
hes proven it at high level D1? against high level D1 opponents, under pressure of being a top 5 team?

What games you watchin?
You seem to just be looking to argue. Those aren't skills. Those are situations. He has the skill to shoot and hit threes and an acceptable rate. Whether he has the mental skills to execute those skills in the situations you just described seems to be where he is lacking. Maybe he figures it out, maybe he doesn't. I have more faith that Furphy and McDowell will develop into what this roster needs off the bench than that Timberlake will figure it out.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:54 pm

What games you watchin?
You seem to just be looking to argue. Those aren't skills. Those are situations. He has the skill to shoot and hit threes and an acceptable rate. Whether he has the mental skills to execute those skills in the situations you just described seems to be where he is lacking. Maybe he figures it out, maybe he doesn't. I have more faith that Furphy and McDowell will develop into what this roster needs off the bench than that Timberlake will figure it out.
im not looking to argue, you're making statements that you can't provide any back up for and stating it as fact.

He shot well at Towson. I shot well in high school. Neither of us have shot worth a shit at Kansas. These are facts. Show me where he has been a proven shooter at at a high level D1 school against top 25 competition day in and day out.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:02 pm

What games you watchin?
im not looking to argue, you're making statements that you can't provide any back up for and stating it as fact.

He shot well at Towson. I shot well in high school. Neither of us have shot worth a shit at Kansas. These are facts. Show me where he has been a proven shooter at at a high level D1 school against top 25 competition day in and day out.
And there go the goalposts. You're unhappy with Timberlake's performance as are all of us, I get it.

I don't believe there were any players available in the portal that were considering Kansas that met those more stringent criteria.

Like I said, I think Furphy and McDowell are better equipped to fill the role off the bench KU needs so I hope they get the bulk of the reps for the next few weeks. We have a couple of comparably easier games coming up so hopefully all three can get some additional minutes to prep for upcoming Big 12 play.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

My goodness.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:23 pm My goodness.
Noi kidding. All this because I claimed that a guy who has hit 240 threes in a college uniform has the basic skills to shoot a three pointer.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

When illy comes along to tell you that you're going full illy it is probably time to take a breather for an hour or three.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

An illeism in every sense of the word.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Timberlake shooting stats at KU:

26.9% 3pt
57.1% FT
41.7% 2pt

Yikes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. He's been awful at everything.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:16 pm

And there go the goalposts. You're unhappy with Timberlake's performance as are all of us, I get it.

I don't believe there were any players available in the portal that were considering Kansas that met those more stringent criteria.

Like I said, I think Furphy and McDowell are better equipped to fill the role off the bench KU needs so I hope they get the bulk of the reps for the next few weeks. We have a couple of comparably easier games coming up so hopefully all three can get some additional minutes to prep for upcoming Big 12 play.
I have not moved a goalposts, not once. My argument has been thr same from comment #1. If you believe otherwise then your reading comprehension is poor.

I also never argued that another portal player met whatever criteria you have put forth in my name, not once have I made that argument. If we're going that route then Cam Spencer comes to mind.

You should really read people's post before you start down the road if trying to argue. To tear an argument apart you must first understand the argument.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:16 pm

I have not moved a goalposts, not once. My argument has been thr same from comment #1. If you believe otherwise then your reading comprehension is poor.

I also never argued that another portal player met whatever criteria you have put forth in my name, not once have I made that argument. If we're going that route then Cam Spencer comes to mind.

You should really read people's post before you start down the road if trying to argue. To tear an argument apart you must first understand the argument.
This roster needed a three point shooter and my assumption is that our Hall of Fame head coach felt that he had the skills necessary to fill that role. So I don't think it's too crazy for me to say that he has the skills necessary to fill that role.

Unfortunately, he has not figured out how to do it at a remotely acceptable level. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. History is filled with guys who developed late in the season and became key contributors to a deep tourney run. Unfortunately, it's also filled with guys who just never figured out how to replicate their lower-level success after they moved up to higher level programs. We'll see which one Timberlake ends up being.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

good lord you can't read.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm good lord you can't read.
Please don't make him recap his opinion again. For 5th time.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

They need 6, maybe 7, guys who can make a real impact down the stretch. 4 of them are obvious. Furphy and Jackson look like guys that are going to grow a lot from all the early playing time.

I’ve been skeptical of Timberlake from the start, but the sample size is still just too small to say much definitively. He’ll never be the scorer he was at Towson, but I’d also be pretty surprised if he’s suddenly a <30% 3PT shooter for the season.