Taylor Swift

Kansas Football.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Taylor Swift

Post by dolomite »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:33 am He's not close in my opinion.
Let us revisit in five years.
Maybe ten years?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Shirley wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:15 pm It's the hottest ticket in town and this year, the exposure Taylor Swift has given the NFL through her support of Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs means tickets for Super Bowl LVIII are in hot demand!
StubHub spokesperson, Adam Burdelli joins Graves on Gridiron to discuss the average price of a ticket for the big game on the secondary market and what other factors contribute to ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII

The Taylor Swift effect - Adam Burdelli from StubHub discusses ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII
I’m enamored with her hands, long slender fingers. (Noticed when arms wrapped around Kelce.)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In five years, if he's continued with his passing yardage/passing TD rate and has 2 more Super Bowls, then I would say he's close.

In ten years, we might just say he is.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

dolomite wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:51 am
Shirley wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:15 pm It's the hottest ticket in town and this year, the exposure Taylor Swift has given the NFL through her support of Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs means tickets for Super Bowl LVIII are in hot demand!
StubHub spokesperson, Adam Burdelli joins Graves on Gridiron to discuss the average price of a ticket for the big game on the secondary market and what other factors contribute to ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII

The Taylor Swift effect - Adam Burdelli from StubHub discusses ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII
I’m enamored with her hands, long slender fingers. (Noticed when arms wrapped around Kelce.)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:52 am In five years, if he's continued with his passing yardage/passing TD rate and has 2 more Super Bowls, then I would say he's close.

In ten years, we might just say he is.
This is kinda fucked up but I wonder if he’ll have more GOAT traction at five rings (sole possession of second, two shy of Brady) than at six.

Not saying I would agree at all with this - this is bad logic - but I wonder if paradoxically being one short of Brady accentuates the gap.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He can't finish behind Brady in rings and pass him imo.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He absolutely can in mine.

If he doubled up on Brady's NFL MVP's and won 6 rings plus crushed all of Brady's regular and post season passing records, for sure, he could be GOATed.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I understand the argument for it. I think Mahomes is already "better at football" than Brady ever was.

And I am certain Mahomes will pass Brady's 3 regular season MVPs. 6 may be tough because they start looking for reasons to give them to other people after a while.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And while QB is by far the most important position in football, you have to factor in coaching and teammates more than you do in a sport like basketball ( i.e. why LeBron at least needs another ring and Finals MVP for him to get there for me ).

Brady had Belichick, a defense mastermind.
He had top notch defenses start to finish.
Patrick's really only had one top 5 defense since he's been here - this season's.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think picking up this one (in what was essentially a retooling year) tilted the odds in favor of Mahomes passing Brady for GOAT status (even if he doesn’t get to seven or eight).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mahomes is GOAT. He is Paul Morphy. Bird. True genius is expressed early
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:10 pm He can't finish behind Brady in rings and pass him imo.
do we get to eliminate the rings that the Pat's cheated to get?

Because that takes Tom down to 5? passable for Mahomes at this rate.

That's also assuming Mahomes has a lot go right and carries on at this level for another decade...ish
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I sincerely feel Mahomes has been fantastic when discussing his legacy and his future. Very respectful and says all the right things. Only thing I heard him say that I took issue with was this - "I mean, to me it's always going to be tough because Brady beat me in the Super Bowl. That's one thing he'll always have over my head".
I disagree. Brady didn't beat Mahomes. The Buccaneers beat the Chiefs.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:38 am I slightly agree with Illy.
You don't bump your coach like that even if cooler heads will eventually prevail.
Andy's a 65 year old dude not wearing pads - nah man.

Scream? Fine depending on the situation.
Jason Kelce said to his brother, "You crossed the line; I think we can both agree on it."

"I did," Travis Kelce agreed. "I can't get that fired up to that point where I'm bumping Coach and it's getting him off balance and stuff."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/395 ... acceptable
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

I first read it as a "shove" and felt like I was click baited. I didn't see a shove. I wasn't even sure it was an intentional bump. But yeah, the guy is old and you have to be careful around him.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So, Jason's 100% going to be a Chief next year, right?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he didn't have his full career with the Eagles, i'd say 100%.
I don't think he'll chance 'slighting' his career there so i'll say 15%.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

We have Creed, why would we need Jason?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:53 pm If he didn't have his full career with the Eagles, i'd say 100%.
I don't think he'll chance 'slighting' his career there so i'll say 15%.
We'll see. I think you've got to move one of Humphrey and Smith this offseason. I don't particularly care which one, BUT I know that something's gotta give with Humphrey's snaps.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:29 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:06 am Some people just whine too much and think everyone should behave how they feel is acceptable and no differently.
And some people really struggle when somebody has a different opinion than them on something.
Andy Reid:

"Even if they chest bump me to the other side of the 50, I appreciate it. I just love that the guy wants to play and wants to be in there playing. . . It makes me feel young."

End of my participation in this silliness.
“Shirley’s Law”
Taylor Sheridan