Site Admin

Taylor Swift

Post by pdub »

You blew it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Taylor Swift

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:05 pmYou blew it.
She spit when she should have swallowed?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I couldn't say it any better than Lil Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2EWdXk ... FQ&index=1
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:10 pm
Really Gutter?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:30 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:10 pm
Really Gutter?
Read her lips....

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/stat ... 4143907258
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Bukaty was whining about this, and about the Mahomes/Reid commercials, this morning on 810.

It's 98%* nonsense of course. None of the off-the-field stuff would matter a lick if the offense wasn't a weekly embodiment of what happens when you put E85 in a Ferrari. And none of the off-the-field stuff is to blame for that.

* The last 2% is just reality: even though the off-the-field stuff is not at all to BLAME for how the offense is playing, it's inevitable that it's where blame would GO from some people, so in a way this is the cost of doing business.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

She has been a great fan and a boon to the Chiefs. Everyone outside of KC, especially the NFL, is tired of five consecutive championship games. We have seen the weirdest phalanx of disadvantaged rest/prep games in NFL history. Weird calls. It wasn't going to happen this year with Jefferson and Adams as W/R.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I always assumed they shoot the commercials during the summer. Yes, I know how to spell assume.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:11 am I always assumed they shoot the commercials during the summer.
They do.

But, there has to be someone to blame.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's the hottest ticket in town and this year, the exposure Taylor Swift has given the NFL through her support of Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs means tickets for Super Bowl LVIII are in hot demand!
StubHub spokesperson, Adam Burdelli joins Graves on Gridiron to discuss the average price of a ticket for the big game on the secondary market and what other factors contribute to ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII

The Taylor Swift effect - Adam Burdelli from StubHub discusses ticket prices for Super Bowl LVIII
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Who the fuck wrote that? Richard Graves? The guy with 10 "subscribers"?
Taylor Swift has very little to do with Super Bowl ticket prices being higher than "normal". As Burdelli basically says in the video.

Here are two questions that no one can definitively answer.
What percentages of the people who will be watching the ENTIRE Super Bowl will be genuinely happy to see Taylor Swift being shown MULTIPLE times, will be genuinely annoyed to see Taylor Swift being shown MULTIPLE times, will be genuinely indifferent to seeing Taylor Swift being shown MULTIPLE times?
That being asked, what bearing will the score of the game have on that?
I am fully confident the fans of the losing team at the time she's shown will be more annoyed than the fans of the team that's winning.

I don't blame her and I don't blame Kelce for the attention it's gotten but right now my attitude is this is the Super Bowl. Not the Taylor Swift attention Bowl. Show her a few times, tell the story line for those tuning in and not being familiar with it, and please move on. Therefore, I like to think I am indifferent but I suppose I may fall under annoyed.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The superbowl is designed for the casuals, not the die hards.

Just like the NCAA tournament.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:47 am The superbowl is designed for the casuals, not the die hards.

Just like the NCAA tournament.
This.
A lot of people will be interested in the Taylor Swift cameos.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm not able to share her Instagram post but a woman I used to work with took a photo of her and her husband at O'Hare airport. She is wearing a grey hoodie that says - "Go Taylor's Boyfriend" printed in the Chiefs colors with an arrowhead and the number 87 in it.
She wrote...... "To know how much this shirt is irritating Ben has made it worth every penny! Especially at the airport during Super Bowl weekend! Ha!"
If anyone wants to view it, her Instagram name is kerilynn810

Two thoughts.
1. WHY? Why buy that and why do something that you know is "irritating" to your husband? I know, "Ha!".
2. WHY? Why is her husband allowing it to be "irritating"?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote:Why is her husband allowing it to be "irritating"?
Any chance her "husband's" name is Gutter?

This video about handling adversity is for you, Gutter.

"annoyed", "irritated" or not, Swift is a stone-cold baller on an international scale. And, unless you buy into the conspiracy theories, that this happened at all, is pretty ____ing serendipitous.

Let's review:

-One of my two most favorite NFL players feels like he's died and gone to heaven, and is having the time of his life. If he's happy, (and "winning"), I'm happy too.

-My favorite NFL team and city have benefitted immensely. Immensely!

-It could be a whole lot worse: I can think of +/- a million other people I'd rather have to look at less. A lot less.

Not to mention, there's nothing we can do about it, so we might as well lie back and enjoy it.
(There's a "shake it off" joke in there, but I have standards!)

Taylor Swift Used Stoicism To Beat The Music Industry

-She's a fantastic role model for young people in many ways. Just look at how she dealt with the problem of her masters being sold out from under her as illustrated in the video.

-Talent? She writes her own songs, many of which turn into hits on a global scale.

-She's generous, and spreads the wealth.

-My 9 and 12 y/o granddaughters are excited about and watching football for the first time in their lives. They can't wait for the Super Bowl to start. It's difficult to imagine any other way they might have been introduced to football. Kelce's relationship with Taylor has given us a way to interact this season that didn't exist before. And as they ascend into their teens and owning cell phones, I'm thankful for nearly anything that facilitates us interacting, Tay Tay, or not.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I like Taylor Swift.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like Taylor Swift. And lamps.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If people hate the Chiefs and anything peripherally associated with them then it means they are winning a lot and regularly. I like that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My family hated the Vikings. The long-boated ones. Twocoach spreads truth here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparkos related to Aethlered the Unready?
Just Ledoux it