Backcourt

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Backcourt

Post by pdub »

He’s a good defender and excellent floor leader. He just is such a drop off in scoring that teams still don’t have to respect him ( even though they aren’t sagging off nearly as much as they used to ).
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:00 pm How come so many analysts who know a lot about college basketball widely consider Dajuan one of the best PGs in the country?
Cuz he plays for KU.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:03 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:00 pm How come so many analysts who know a lot about college basketball widely consider Dajuan one of the best PGs in the country?
Cuz he plays for KU.
This has something to do with it for sure. I’d still say he’s a top 10 PG in the country though.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:56 pm Arterio was a 11 MPG, 1/1.2 A/TO, 40% FG shooter who maybe raped someone.

He most certainly hadn’t shown anything before that would prove he’d have helped us tonight.
We couldn't stay in front of morris last year when Texas beat us by double digits twice in a row. He was oozing with talent and is quicker than anyone on our roster. The dude was a 5 star and #1 rated point in his class, but he played behind 2 really talented older players. Texas was legit last year, better than KU

And did you watch the Puerto Rico games? He might have been our best player

Yeah he fucked up. But there was a reason self recruited him. And his late dismissal left a hole on our roster
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Qusdahl only comes to talk basketball when he can be negative about a player he doesn't like.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The problem with dajuan is he is an elite role player on a roster that needs him to be a playmaker.

His skillset just ain't built for it, not quick enough, not really a scorer
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randy I will remind you I despise you as a poster and I’m not a happy person after we loose. if you would like to talk about how good arterio would have been I would suggest it on a different bored than this one.

he was an average player who was fast and couldn’t pass or shoot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Elmarko overall has been better at running offense and making plays on D too. That's why he starts.

But yea, Furphy had 9 points and 4 boreds tonight, plus a block and a steal, in fewer minutes. Elmarko had 3 dimes to 2 TOs and goose eggs about everything else. (And I went into this season as high on Elmarko as anyone! Oh wait, maybe I was just high)

considering it seems like this team could use some scoring bad, just throwing lineup changes out there for the sake of a January meltdown.

and to answer illy, no. I don't watch all KU games. The inferior guard play in particular this year is hard for me to watch. I can live with lumps from a freshman, but we've got a fucking 5th year senior looking worse than last year, that sucks. Plus, many of my Saturdays have been claimed lately by the tinder thread.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 pm Elmarko overall has been better at running offense and making plays on D too. That's why he starts.
Elmarko never "runs offense". When DH is out KM "runs offense".
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 pm randy I will remind you I despise you as a poster and I’m not a happy person after we loose. if you would like to talk about how good arterio would have been I would suggest it on a different bored than this one.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying we have a hole in our roster because we recruited a talented fuck up, who fucked up, and fucked up too late for us to recruit a replacement
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Elmarko was a gaping hole of nothing on offense tonight. At least Harris was heavily involved ( but couldn’t hit any side of a barn ).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this is a fairly embarrassing thread.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:18 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 pm randy I will remind you I despise you as a poster and I’m not a happy person after we loose. if you would like to talk about how good arterio would have been I would suggest it on a different bored than this one.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying we have a hole in our roster because we recruited a talented fuck up, who fucked up, and fucked up too late for us to recruit a replacement
It’s not whether there’s nothing wrong with it.

It’s that I said I had no interest in discussing.

So, shut up.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 pm
So, shut up.
JFC. He wasn't even talking to you.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 pm
So, shut up.
it was troll on troll violence

A drive by fruiting!
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:45 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 pm
So, shut up.
it was troll on troll violence

A drive by fruiting!
POTD
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Elmarko:

"What makes Jackson special is his ability to get to the rim. He’s an aggressive downhill driver that leverages creativity, angles and strength to get into the paint."

"A creative finisher in the lane who can score against length, using his strong frame to absorb contact."

"Jackson has a little extra bounce in his step that few of the other ball handlers have, and that pop really lets him get into the lane and make things happen."

If this is true, we really coulda used some of this last night vs the zone.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, at this point Elmarko is a 5th year senior multi-year starting pg on an elite blue blood and it’s ridiculous that he still can’t even break down a zone off the bounce.

Wait, nm, heh heh.

For real tho, I know I’m being hard on Dajuan. But it comes with the territory.

And, just looking at his statistical production, it sure does seem closer to the Elijah Johnson/Milf Tits Tharpe end of the Bill Self pg list, than the Devon/Devonte/BIFM/Sherron end.

Hell, even Marcus Garrett managed to average double digit points as a senior!

Ok, I think I got it out of me.

And I’m doing so in hopes that I get to eat more crauw
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You realize there are more ways to impact a basketball game than just scoring, right? Especially as a pass first PG. A PG who is top 10 in all time assists at KU and still has 1.5 more seasons to go (aren't you excited?).

Scoring isn't DHs problem. We have the highest scoring duo in the country and we are a low scoring defensive minded team this year.

DHs problem this year has been careless turnovers.

Our starters combined for 16 turnovers last night. No wonder our AdjO sucks.

It's so funny to watch the inconsistency in your ability to analyze a basketball game. You bash Sherron for "hero ball" in one thread and then in the next you're mad that DH doesn't have the ability to play "hero ball".

Your politcal analysis is equally as piss poor, but it's easier to ignore you over there. Maybe you should go back to the Russia thread and enlighten us some more.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DH didn’t have “it” last night, for whatever reason. he seemed uninterested, like most everyone else

Elmarko is just too damn tentative and quick to defer of offense. he needs to have Furphy’s mentality (not on jumpers, but on getting his shot generally). he can score (he played well against tcu) and play D, so it’s not at all a talent issue
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?