Kansas Basketball.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Official BOOOOOO Thread

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:18 pm
lwh69ku wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:52 pm

It's because of dickinson. Everyone has to play help defense farther off their man while we wait on hunter slowass dickinson to rotate on defense. Leaves shooters more open
I know neither of them is doing shit for their new teams, but I believe a rotation of Udeh and Ejifor would be getting us Hunter’s rebounds and 10+ points with a lot more effort overall.
I think we would be worse but not that much worse.

And next year we would have benefited.
HD averages 18 points a game. If you get 10 from Udeh and Ejifor, on a team as barren of scorers as this, 8 points is more than nothing.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dude gets a ton of boards. Scores points. But he's slow as molasses in Minnesota.

I dunno, I just can't hate on a guy wearing a Jayhawks jersey. I'm cheering for him every night.
Defense. Rebounds.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:55 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:18 pm

I know neither of them is doing shit for their new teams, but I believe a rotation of Udeh and Ejifor would be getting us Hunter’s rebounds and 10+ points with a lot more effort overall.
I think we would be worse but not that much worse.

And next year we would have benefited.
HD averages 18 points a game. If you get 10 from Udeh and Ejifor, on a team as barren of scorers as this, 8 points is more than nothing.
I think this year we'd be way worse without HD.

I think next year we have Bidunga or HD. Both better than Udeh or Zuby (unfortunately, because I liked them both too).

This is just a unique time in CBB.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

parity
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Don't know where to put this, but McCullar looks sick or injured or something the past two games. Today he was really bad-5 turnovers in addition to 13 missed shots. I know he does a lot of other things, but he has really looked off the past two games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

His knee got banged up last game.
Dunno though, may just be going through a minor cold spell.

He was the biggest reason for the L bc he’s the leader of our team and shot in effectively and turned it over.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:52 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm When 10+ teams go crazy against you from three, it stops being fluky and is instead just shitty defense.
It's because of dickinson. Everyone has to play help defense farther off their man while we wait on hunter slowass dickinson to rotate on defense. Leaves shooters more open
I think they would be better here then they are elsewhere. Familiarity with the system goes a long way, and self would know how to use them. They are both adjusting to new systems, coaching styles, teammates

Our offense would be worse, our defense better. We are better with hunter tho

But having them long term.... that's where the real value of udeh and ejiofor come in. I really think they would have developed into studs here at KU
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm Dude gets a ton of boards. Scores points. But he's slow as molasses in Minnesota.

I dunno, I just can't hate on a guy wearing a Jayhawks jersey. I'm cheering for him every night.
Agreed. He's just different. He's not the ideal fit for our system.. the way self plays defense we need someone more mobile.

But we desperately need his offense. Self knew this roster would
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In the end, you absolutely cannot blame Hunter or KJ or McCullar for not being elite. Hunter is so good on offense it makes up easily for his problems on defense. McCullar is one of the top 10 players in CBB no doubt. KJ is underrated on both ends.

It’s the other two positions and the bench.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

"I thought Dajuan played well"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the trust isn't there defensively...

hmm...

gee

wonder who they don't trust on defense.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

"You can't play the bench"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:17 am the trust isn't there defensively...

hmm...

gee

wonder who they don't trust on defense.
To be fair that could be several people...

Hunter is slow as fuck
Furphy is terrible defensively. I think he will be good but needs time
Timberlake is not a good defender
Elmarko I think will eventually be a really good defender, but right now is mistake prone being too aggressive
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Johnny has stepped his game up (and has had less time to do it). We need Elmarko, Nick, Parker, and Jamari to step their games up to have a chance. Even 2 of those 4 would be huge.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Having said that, Nick and Parker have already played so much college ball they are probably at their ceilings now. Elmarko and Jamari have the highest ceilings of the 4 bench guys right now. It remains to be seen if they can get there before the end of the season.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Our two leading scorers, playing with knee bruises is definitely not helping at all right now. Sure hoping we can right the ship soon.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

AlOerter wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:29 am Having said that, Nick and Parker have already played so much college ball they are probably at their ceilings now. Elmarko and Jamari have the highest ceilings of the 4 bench guys right now. It remains to be seen if they can get there before the end of the season.
i would agree about Braun, but NT looks like he’s still getting more and more comfortable and finding his role. i feel like we’ve yet to see his KU ceiling
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?