Official Didn't We Already Poke 'Em Thread

Kansas Basketball.
Jayhawkerr

Re: Official Didn't We Already Poke 'Em Thread

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Timberlake’s worst shooting night as a Jayhawk?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:49 pm Gran: "That's what we call a hostage dribble."

Guy is a walking sports encyclopedia.
Lol
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Jank!!!!
Defense. Rebounds.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Jayhawkerr wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:48 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:47 pm Timberlake can jump. Wonder what his vertical is?
I wish he could hit 3’s.
He keeps clanking away.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

AlOerter wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:51 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:47 pm Timberlake can jump. Wonder what his vertical is?
I wish he could hit 3’s.
He keeps clanking away.
Well, his clanks are consistent.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

I wish he could hit 3’s.
He keeps clanking away.
and so many are short

it’s kinda odd
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Jayhawkerr wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:30 pm Get Jank in there for Timberlake.
you were saying?

i actually wouldn’t mind seeing Jank get some situational spot minutes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:53 pm

I wish he could hit 3’s.
He keeps clanking away.
and so many are short

it’s kinda odd
Low hip height
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Did we seriously just see a walk on to walk on alley oop?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:13 pm Did we seriously just see a walk on to walk on alley oop?
Yes, yes we did. Good one too.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Bill Self met with reporters after Kansas basketball's win over Oklahoma State.

Edited to add: Only listening to it now, but HCBS shares some info about his approach to DH, that I found very enlightening, and interesting.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am Bill Self met with reporters after Kansas basketball's win over Oklahoma State.

Edited to add: Only listening to it now, but HCBS shares some info about his approach to DH, that I found very enlightening, and interesting.
Thanks for posting. I love the insight into DH.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And that insight is just one of many reasons Coach Self is the best.
He is a master of speech.
That's exactly what you want to tell your PG who might be under fire for his performance so far this season.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

"Hunter has 2,000pts in less than 4 years and still has another season left...he could score 2,700pts.....that'll be something I sell to him after the season"....

Hoping Bidunga didn't hear that.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 am And that insight is just one of many reasons Coach Self is the best.
He is a master of speech.
That's exactly what you want to tell your PG who might be under fire for his performance so far this season.
Who is he under fire from other than the messageboard posters?

He just made the Cousy top 10 for best PG in the country.

You're right that Self is a master of speech....and that comment wasn't directed towards DH. It was directed squarely at our fanbase.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Self literally said he thinks Dajuan should quit listening to 'everybody else'.
So...everybody else.
He wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't a thing - it's a thing.

( which is yes, largely the fanbase, whose expectations, which might be unrealistic but that's KUBB, are high, especially this season coming out preseason 1, and then starting B12 play 4-3 with 2 looses to the bottom half of the league )
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:57 am "Hunter has 2,000pts in less than 4 years and still has another season left...he could score 2,700pts.....that'll be something I sell to him after the season"....

can Flory put up 20 and 10?

if he’s too proud/entitled to play second-fiddle to a guy Self wants, then fuck him

this isn’t necessarily directed at you, but all these tears being shed over guys that puss out and don’t want to compete is getting tiring. getting recruited over is nothing new

i care more about KANSAS winning, and we seem to do a pretty good job of that with Self at the helm, and with the guys he wants

one other thing to keep in mind…we pretty much know exactly what we’re getting with HD. Flory is a prospect, nothing more. i’ll take the known, AA-level production over freshman potential all day, every day
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:25 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:57 am "Hunter has 2,000pts in less than 4 years and still has another season left...he could score 2,700pts.....that'll be something I sell to him after the season"....

can Flory put up 20 and 10?

if he’s too proud/entitled to play second-fiddle to a guy Self wants, then fuck him

this isn’t necessarily directed at you, but all these tears being shed over guys that puss out and don’t want to compete is getting tiring. getting recruited over is nothing new

i care more about KANSAS winning, and we seem to do a pretty good job of that with Self at the helm, and with the guys he wants

one other thing to keep in mind…we pretty much know exactly what we’re getting with HD. Flory is a prospect, nothing more. i’ll take the known, AA-level production over freshman potential all day, every day
No, I don't think Flory is a 20 and 10 guy in year 1....and I don't think he plans on staying long enough to turn into a 20 and 10 guy (which is rare anyway).

I agree. Getting recruited over is part of sports. I don't shed tears for the guys who run from the competition at KU, even though I understand why they do.

I'd take HD over anyone in the country for next year probably. He'd likely be the number 1 pick in a fantasy draft.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Maybe we can have both. Imagine flory being content with nil money to come to Kansas and develop for a year behind dickinson, and take over as starting center as a sophomore

And imagine the change of pace when hunter rests and we bring in just a freakishly athletic high energy back up
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:31 am Maybe we can have both. Imagine flory being content with nil money to come to Kansas and develop for a year behind dickinson, and take over as starting center as a sophomore

And imagine the change of pace when hunter rests and we bring in just a freakishly athletic high energy back up
It's a beautiful dream...and would show some of his chatacter and desire to win/improve as a player.