NFL Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
TDub
Contributor

Re: NFL Offseason 2024

Post by TDub »

I mean they're both black QBs that have been hurt. that's about the extent of their similarities.

You're not so great at comparisons and snap judgements are ya Sparko?
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Penix has had four major injuries, including the re-torn ACL. Like RG III. He was hobbling around during the championship game against Michigan. But keep attacking me, by all means.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that was an attack? oh boy
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I guess that was another snap judgment
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No doubt he has the injury history.
I think that's the main thing keeping him from being a top 20 pick.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like the kid for sure. But he was not lithe. Burrow had the same feel coming out. Maybe worth the risk, but longterm, not the guy probably
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Penix becomes Burrow that’s a home run for anyone who drafts Penix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Most people feel Harrison is the obvious first WR taken. Then it's kind of a toss up between Odunze and Nabers.
Ok, I believe with the right QB, offensive line, offensive coordinator, head coach, when all is said and done, Thomas may be top 2. Coleman may be top 2. Mitchell (who may go to the Chiefs) may be top 2.

Point of my saying that...
I think Penix can go to a team where he might be a starter from day 1 and struggle because he's surrounded by crap.
I think Penix might go to a team and NOT be a starter from day 1 and develop in to an All-Pro.
I think the biggest knock on him is he's a QB who isn't very mobile and is injury prone (not a good combo) and if he doesn't have a very good offensive line he may be doomed.

In other words, I have a lot of "mights" and I reel don't have a strong feeling about him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Penix may very well get drafted in the 2nd round as a backup bc all the 100% truly needy QB teams will have already drafted their guy.

So maybe the Steelers, Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Rams, Tampa?

ATL could say fuck it - we ain't trading for Fields - we getting Odunze in the 1st and Penix in the 2nd.

Odunze, London, Pitts, Bijan, Penix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:02 am Most people feel Harrison is the obvious first WR taken. Then it's kind of a toss up between Odunze and Nabers.
Ok, I believe with the right QB, offensive line, offensive coordinator, head coach, when all is said and done, Thomas may be top 2. Coleman may be top 2. Mitchell (who may go to the Chiefs) may be top 2.

Point of my saying that...
I think Penix can go to a team where he might be a starter from day 1 and struggle because he's surrounded by crap.
I think Penix might go to a team and NOT be a starter from day 1 and develop in to an All-Pro.
I think the biggest knock on him is he's a QB who isn't very mobile and is injury prone (not a good combo) and if he doesn't have a very good offensive line he may be doomed.

In other words, I have a lot of "mights" and I reel don't have a strong feeling about him.
yknow what's odd about that? he's not very mobile, not anymore anyway, hasn't really ahwon any flashes of real athleticism. But, he apparently posted the fastest 40 times and agility tests for all QBs.

That being said, I think he could be a good NFL QB, but I see him as a back up that eases into a starters role if he gets a few breaks. He's not a home run pick but he has a high upside and a helluva an arm.

I dont think comparisons are usually very good but I can see Kirk Cousins in his style.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

for instance, if you're, say, the Seahawks. How long do you roll with Geno? He's been better than anticipated but, would it be worth a pick on Penix to sit him and let him grow into a potential starter role? I think his upside is higher than Genos, at least at this point in their respective careers.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Buddy of mine is assuming the Bears have a deal in place with Atlanta and the Bears get a 2nd and 4th rounder for him.

Gutter gets to play GM/President......

Ready for this? It's somewhat complicated and complex but here goes.... I would be ok if the Bears traded Fields for Atlanta's 2nd rounder and 4th rounder - if they draft Williams - AND while I don't see Nabers or Odunze dropping to 9, then trade down (slightly) the 9th pick for a later first rounder and that team's 3rd round pick. Then Draft WR Brian Thomas if they can get him. Now the Bears have a 2nd rounder for Fields in their pocket and an extra 3rd rounder. They could keep or trade their now three 4th rounders. They could potentially have 3 3rd rounders and a 2nd rounder AND have Williams and Thomas. A LOT to work with. SUPER BOWL!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If Brett Veach were Chicago's GM, I would say yes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mike Evans signs for 2 years/52 million.
At 26 per, that's too rich for the Chiefs.
Guess his agent didn't actually mean his priorities were winning a Super Bowl and playing with an elite quarterback.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 am Mike Evans signs for 2 years/52 million.
At 26 per, that's too rich for the Chiefs.
Guess his agent didn't actually mean his priorities were winning a Super Bowl and playing with an elite quarterback.
DeAndre Hopkins said his priorities were the same thing right before signing a fat contract with Tennessee to catch passes from Ryan Tannehill and Will Levis on a team that finished 6-11.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jason's body was pretty much done I think.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

lol.
Broncos.
85 million in dead money.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Broncos got smashed....gave up two first-round and two second-round selections, as well as three players so they could end up with 85 million dollar hit to the cap in the next two years. LOL
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Which brings me to Dak and his almost $60 million cap hit this year. Cowboys can restructure it and save like $18 million in cap space this year but if he walks next year they will get hit with almost $60 million in dead money. They can not tag him so Dak got them Cowboys over a barrel. LOL