NFL Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NFL Offseason 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:53 pm Swift was very productive, was Barkley cheaper? Bears signed Swift for $18M three years guaranteed.
No.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-signing ... llion-deal
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Bears got the better back for half as much. Barkley is already aging out due to nagging injuries. Eagles. Wow.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Speaking of the Bears, the only opening left for a QB seems to be in Denver so it looks like Chicago might get stuck with either keeping Fields and trading the #1 pick or getting virtually nothing for him in a trade to Denver. Maybe they just keep him as a backup to the #1 pick in case that pick in not ready or gets hurt since Fields is technically still relatively cheap. But that's going to be a really awkward QB room and postgame interview process all season if that happens.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:37 am Speaking of the Bears, the only opening left for a QB seems to be in Denver so it looks like Chicago might get stuck with either keeping Fields and trading the #1 pick or getting virtually nothing for him in a trade to Denver. Maybe they just keep him as a backup to the #1 pick in case that pick in not ready or gets hurt since Fields is technically still relatively cheap. But that's going to be a really awkward QB room and postgame interview process all season if that happens.
I'd be ok keeping Fields. He's not as great as the lovers say he is and he's not as bad as the haters say he is. I'll be happy if he's average as long as other offensive players are above average.
Ok, so then trade #1.
Get Harrison if they want him.
Get an OL/DL at 9. OR.... Draft McCarthy? Nix? Heck, maybe Penix? Maybe Use Fields as a Wildcat? OR... Trade Fields for a bag of under inflated footballs and a pizza?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:45 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:37 am Speaking of the Bears, the only opening left for a QB seems to be in Denver so it looks like Chicago might get stuck with either keeping Fields and trading the #1 pick or getting virtually nothing for him in a trade to Denver. Maybe they just keep him as a backup to the #1 pick in case that pick in not ready or gets hurt since Fields is technically still relatively cheap. But that's going to be a really awkward QB room and postgame interview process all season if that happens.
I'd be ok keeping Fields. He's not as great as the lovers say he is and he's not as bad as the haters say he is. I'll be happy if he's average as long as other offensive players are above average.
Ok, so then trade #1.
Get Harrison if they want him.
Get an OL/DL at 9. OR.... Draft McCarthy? Nix? Heck, maybe Penix? Maybe Use Fields as a Wildcat? OR... Trade Fields for a bag of under inflated footballs and a pizza?
Yeah, if everyone is going to say that Mac Jones has just been mismanaged and poorly developed by New England because he had three different OCs in his three years then it should be noted that Fields has also had 3 OCs in his three seasons in Chicago. Chicago was better to close out the season so I wouldn't laugh at them if they kept Fields, traded down and spent the picks bolstering what is around Fields. I don't see any can't miss franchise QBs in this draft.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This may not be very popular, but I think the Bears have done pretty well setting up this draft. Fields is explosive. They need to coach to his strengths and add play makers. Which they seem to be doing. Swift, I thought, was great complementing Hurts. He was not the problem in Philly. Hint. HC.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

oh my god Derrick Henry to the Ravens.
help.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Henry in 2018 would have been something.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Derrick Henry was 2nd in the league last season ( behind McCaffrey ) in total rushing yards and rushing yards after contact.
Guy is still a beast.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:23 pm Derrick Henry was 2nd in the league last season ( behind McCaffrey ) in rushing yards after contact.
Guy is still a beast.
Consider Tennessee though. Playing from behind unsuccessfully with runs into nickle. He still was a half yard per carry off his career average. Running was not Baltimore's problem. Like Philly. Reaching for comfort food.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think when you say 'consider Tennessee though' you should more look at their QB and passing offense.
They were 23rd in passing yards per game -- Henry was being targeted and running against stacked boxes.

I think we can all agree Derrick Henry, even at his age >>>> Gus Edwards.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm oh my god Derrick Henry to the Ravens.
help.
I think that's where he's long been expected to end up. I'd sure hate to be a WR on a contract year in Baltimore as you're not getting many targets your way.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:12 pm I think when you say 'consider Tennessee though' you should more look at their QB and passing offense.
They were 23rd in passing yards per game -- Henry was being targeted and running against stacked boxes.

I think we can all agree Derrick Henry, even at his age >>>> Gus Edwards.
At something like 10x the salary he'd better be. Edwards cost Baltimore $570k a season. Henry will be 8-10 million depending on if he hits his incentives.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ridley gone for way too much.
4 yrs/92 mill.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm Ridley gone for way too much.
4 yrs/92 mill.
I agree but......
Pittman 3 years 70 million
Evans 2 years 41 million
Higgins 1 year 22 million
all also - way too much.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

20 Mil a year to catch a football. its all so fucking stupid.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Evans has proven more than those dudes.

Ridley had an ok season last year but it wasn’t that good.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In a year with a plethora of draftable receivers. And then not trade for Sneed when corner is thin. Dumb stuff
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea I’m not sure what the Titans are doing. It looks like they fully believe in Levis.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

They are going all in on Levis.

He’s strong-armed, no doubt. But not consistently accurate.

What you all have failed to mention regarding Henry/Titans/any team really, is that the O-Line was (and still is on paper) a huge problem for Tennessee. Like all-time horrible. There is one (maybe two) pieces to work with, but pass protection, creating holes in run game was virtually non-existent last year. The number of third and oh fuck drives they had was crazy. And almost every team just sent the house here and the offense was doomed.