Official Scott Drew Sucks Game Thread

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Official Scott Drew Sucks Game Thread

Post by pdub »

Sure seems like someone is making excuses for the player who they compared to an NBA starter and guessed would be better than Ochai, Braun and Dajuan.

Instead he’s ( Yesufu ) come up in some trivia on a thread associated with Scott Drew, who is also your boy, who also sucks.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 am is Timberlake the worst player to start a game for Kansas (non senior night) in thr Self era? I must be missing someone.
Naadir tharpe?
Sadly, Tharpe is a jump from Nick.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:38 pm Thinking Yesufu was better at Kansas than Tharpe just continues to check boxes, and there are so so many boxes, that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Did I say at Kansas? Yesefus best basketball didn't happen at Kansas we all know that

Tharpe didn't play good basketball anywhere. That Ku team he started on was awful. Yes they were super young but also had a ton of talent. Embiid wiggins seldon Mason were all freshman. Jamari and perry were on it. Hell we had Tarik black coming off the bench you was a beast and even managed to play in the nba several years as an undersized center because of how strong physical and athletic he was

But the problem with that team was tharpe couldn't stay in front of anyone on defense and couldn't get past anyone on offense. Tharpe was an undersized unathletic point guard
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:44 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:38 pm Thinking Yesufu was better at Kansas than Tharpe just continues to check boxes, and there are so so many boxes, that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Did I say at Kansas? Yesefus best basketball didn't happen at Kansas we all know that
Follow the thread.
Jesus.

Can you quote the original question for us or should I do it for you?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:41 pm Sure seems like someone is making excuses for the player who they compared to an NBA starter and guessed would be better than Ochai, Braun and Dajuan.

Instead he’s ( Yesufu ) come up in some trivia on a thread associated with Scott Drew, who is also your boy, who also sucks.
Dude you're acting ridiculous. At that point yesefu had a much better resume than anyone other than och. Dajuan and Braun had never even started a game yet. I never compared him to the nba version of lowry, just said he had similar physical tools, which he does, even in your pissing matches you never try to deny that.

And yes yesefu came up... because you brought him up for the 50th time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 am is Timberlake the worst player to start a game for Kansas (non senior night) in thr Self era? I must be missing someone.
I’ll do it before you spend a couple paragraphs deflecting to something else.

Here you go.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:48 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:41 pm Sure seems like someone is making excuses for the player who they compared to an NBA starter and guessed would be better than Ochai, Braun and Dajuan.

Dude you're acting ridiculous. At that point yesefu had a much better resume than anyone other than och. Dajuan and Braun had never even started a game yet. I never compared him to the nba version of lowry, just said he had similar physical tools, which he does, even in your pissing matches you never try to deny that.

And yes yesefu came up... because you brought him up for the 50th time.
You’re so bad at this.
There’s wrong and failure to comprehend all over this post.
"Frankie Fidler is going to be the next Luka!"

I brought up Yesufu because he was the best answer to the question asked.
Which I quoted above for you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Let's say I said something like "Nick Timberlake is going to be our best player next season" and then this season happened, I would say, "whoa, I was way way wrong."

Instead you fucking flail around every time his name is mentioned, because he sucked at Kansas, and you compared him to Kyle Lowry, just like you flail around every time the bored mentions how much Scott Drew sucks, and you don't get the joke ( well it's not really a joke ) because you have no humility or grace or presence or understanding of the world.

It's like you are in a constant orbit always missing the point.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am that's close, but yea, probably Yesefu
Crimscores

Tharpe .381 - 8.5 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 5 APG, 43.6% FG, 37.7% 3FG
Timberlake .116 - 3.6 PPG, 1.5 RPG, .5 APG, 34.8% FG, 26.7% 3FG
Yesufu .106 - 2.1 PPG, .9 RPG, 1 APG, 33.8% FG, 26.2 % 3FG
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

At the time I made the yesefu comparison that pdub gets off too, these were the facts:

Yesefu sophomore 2020/2021 season at drake

24 mpg, 12.8 pts 44% fg, 38% 3fg

Yesefu finished the last half of that season averaging over 20ppg including over 20ppg in 2 ncaa tournament games and was named mvc 6th man of the year. Self and everyone else was really high on his potential and that's why self recruited him, he seemed like a rising star

That same season for comparison

Braun's soph season:

31 mpg, 9.7 ppg, 38% fg, 34% 3fg
(Yesefu better in all categories, fewer minutes)

Ochai's junior season:

33.7 mpg, 42%fg, 37%3fg, 14.1 ppg
(Yesefu better shooting numbers, barely, 1 less ppg, 10 less mpg)

Dajuans 3rd year covid freshman season:

29 mpg, 42% fg, 32% 3fg, 5.4ppg
(Yesefu significantly better numbers in less minutes)

And even Kyle lowry as a sophomore:

29 mpg, 46%fg, 44%3fg, 11ppg
(Lowry better % and less ppg in more minutes)

So yes at the time the comparisons were fair. As a sophomore at drake, yesefu shot the ball better than dajuan, Braun, or ochai. And was more productive in fewer minute than Braun or dajuan. Ochai was a year older and played 10 more minutes per game but only average about a point more on lower shooting numbers

Comparing lowry and yesefus sophomore seasons, lowry shot better from the field, but yesefu had better scoring numbers in less minutes. They were both stocky 6' explosive guards

If you broke down yesefus season into the 2nd half where he was starting, he was averaging over 20 a game on really efficient shooting numbers

So no pdub, this "big own" you hold bring up every chance you get doesn't mean nearly as much as you think
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We can stop here.

"Yesefu sophomore 2020/2021 season at drake"

You just wasted so much time and effort for nothing.
You made a prediction, whiffed so hard, and now are continually trying to cope.

Nicolas Timberlake had a better season at Towson than KJ Adams is having here, if we are talking stats.
That means pretty much nothing.
Yet you just wrote line after line about it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We all know Yesefu didn't work out at KU though. But why rejoice in that? If he would have gotten confident and comfortable we would have been a better team.

But there is a reason self went out and recruited him, he was high on his potential as well. Even at Kansas where we typically have superior athletes, yesefu was one of the most explosive self has had in the program
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 pm We all know Yesefu didn't work out at KU though.
Not only did he not work, he was the answer to this trivia question.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 pm We can stop here.

"Yesefu sophomore 2020/2021 season at drake"
2020/2021 season....

Drake 26-5, lost 56-72 to USC
Kansas 21-9 lost 51-85 to USC

That was a bad season. Only won 21 games, only won 70 percent of our games. And got absolutely embarassed in a 34 point ncaa tournament beat down. Couldn't get past the first weekend
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Still far better than Drake ( especially considering Drake's COVID schedule ).
I'm sure you'll have to look up what the transitive property is, and then after you look it up will probably say it's fake news, but it works in a lot of things, but it does not in sports - especially not college basketball.

Also at least spell your boy's name right.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:54 pm Let's say I said something like "Nick Timberlake is going to be our best player next season" and then this season happened, I would say, "whoa, I was way way wrong."

Instead you fucking flail around every time his name is mentioned, because he sucked at Kansas, and you compared him to Kyle Lowry, just like you flail around every time the bored mentions how much Scott Drew sucks, and you don't get the joke ( well it's not really a joke ) because you have no humility or grace or presence or understanding of the world.

It's like you are in a constant orbit always missing the point.
Nope. I've said time and time again yesefu didn't pan out the way myself, Bill self and the KU coaching staff, and many others had hoped. He never got comfortable at KU

And also, I never said he would be our best player. This whole yesefu conversation started when we were trying to guess the potential lineups for the year he came in, and I said we shouldn't assume yesefu won't push those other guys

Before this season, most of you were predicting elmarko would be one of our best guards and the obvious choice to start next to dajuan.

I was in a minority for saying he is pretty raw, probably not ready yet, and don't get overhyped on his recruiting ranking. The same group of you bickered with me about that too. But nobody wants to bring up the fact I was right about that one?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"This guy is really really good. I know our starting back court seemed pretty locked in with harris braun and agbaji. but this guy might be better than all of them. I watched both his games against WSU and USC and he was incredible. reminds me a lot of kyle lowry"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And the Scott Drew thing... he's been our biggest rival over the past several years. 2-2 against us the previous 2 seasons. He's recently won a national championship. He barely squeaked by him at home. Do you think we go down to baylor and win this season?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I'll wager 10 crimbucks that Elmarko will have more MPG in 2024 than Morris will."

I'm gonna spend these 10 crimbucks on the juke box and just play 'What a Fool Believes' on loop.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:33 pm 2-2 against us the previous 2 seasons.
And then the other previous seasons he's been in the B12 with Bill Self?
How'd he do then?