Official Scott Drew Sucks Game Thread

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Official Scott Drew Sucks Game Thread

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:32 pm "This guy is really really good. I know our starting back court seemed pretty locked in with harris braun and agbaji. but this guy might be better than all of them. I watched both his games against WSU and USC and he was incredible. reminds me a lot of kyle lowry"
So terrible to be optimistic about an incoming recruit who just showed out in the ncaa tournament. Wow you really got me. I said "might" lol

6 foot super athletic stocky guard dunking on people, getting buckets, going for 20 in back to back ncaa tournament games

That same weekend against the team yesefu was Ballin on, dajuan christain and och got absolutely punked. Lost by almost 40. Barely scored 50 points. Yesefu was incredible that weekend

You didn't help your argument by digging up that old post. All I said was "might"

Self was really high on him too, that's why he went out and recruited him after seeing him play in that regional we were at
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine getting owned so hard over and over in a thread just flailing around trying as hard as you can to deflect and create excuses and red herrings and straw men.

I guess that’s kinda like Scott Drew has felt coaching against Self in his B12 career.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randy is a masochist
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine shitting on your team ( Braun and Ochai got BEAT BY 40! ) to try and prove that a guy who barely played at KU and was not good at all was good at some point.

No one cares what he did at Drake ( anymore ) bud.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:40 pm Imagine getting owned so hard over and over in a thread just flailing around trying as hard as you can to deflect and create excuses and red herrings and straw men.

I guess that’s kinda like Scott Drew has felt coaching against Self in his B12 career.
I'm just stating the facts. None of which can be refuted.

At the time self saw yesefus resume at drake, and his physical tools, and saw talent he wanted at Kansas. Guess self was wrong too

Sooo Scott drew... baylor has wins against us in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. The least season they didn't beat us was all the way back in 2019.

If Scott Drew sucks, I guess self does too. Since baylor consistently beats us lately. Hell in 2020, that was one of selfs best teams, and they came into Lawrence and beat them, and that same baylor group won the national championship

But you don't like being realistic do you?

If baylor beats KU in Waco later this season, that will be 5 seasons in a row that Scott Drew has wins against kansas. I hope it doesn't happen.

But are we confident this team is going to win road games in the big 12? A lot of tough ones coming up and we are pretty banged up
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No. One. Cares. About. Drake.
Tattoo it on your forehead.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:46 pm Imagine shitting on your team ( Braun and Ochai got BEAT BY 40! ) to try and prove that a guy who barely played at KU and was not good at all was good at some point.

No one cares what he did at Drake ( anymore ) bud.
Again just stating facts. I was pretty butthurt that day of the usc game. Never though I would sit through an almost 40 point KU tournament loss.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How’s Scott Drew’s record vs Self in his time coaching Baylor?

Those are facts.
Can you find them for me?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine saying your own head coach who has an almost .800 winning percentage sucks just to try and prove that a coach who won a title in a Covid year with no crowds or pressure but has generally won nothing otherwise doesn’t suck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Randy how many B12 titles has your boy won in his time at Baylor?

Under/over fewer than Self is set to 14.5.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:51 pm Imagine saying your own head coach who has an almost .800 winning percentage sucks just to try and prove that a coach who won a title in a Covid year with no crowds or pressure but has generally won nothing otherwise doesn’t suck.
I don't think either one of them sucks. I think self is the goat. But if he's lost a game to another coach 4 seasons in a row, that coach must be decent

So Scott drew has been at Baylor for awhile. He inherited a program in as low of a place as imaginable, there was literally a murder, and he turned it into a perennial power that can compete against the likes of KU. And self came to Kansas, enough said. So self racked up a lot of wins against him before baylor became competitive. In recent years it's been relatively even tho, and kansas has been really good in that span. Won a national championship, had the covid season we feel we would have won one.

I admitted I was wrong about yesefu. Maybe it's time for you to admit you're wrong about Scott drew?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How’s Scott Drew’s record vs Self in his time coaching Baylor?

Those are facts.
Can you find them for me?

Is it a winning record?
Is it close to .500?
I dunno, just asking.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Bill self is 565-132 at Kansas. He's won 81 percent of his games overall

He is 28-8 against Scott drew. That only 77 percent against Scott drew. So technically Scott drew is better against Self than the field

And that isn't factoring that in the early years it was almost a guaranteed win, because self came to the greatest program of all time, and Scott drew was rebuilding a dumpster fire

And over the past 5 or so years it's been closer to 50/50 head to head
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine trying to defend a coach who looses 77% of the time vs our head coach because it's just a few % points better than the average winning % of our head coach by saying our head coach sucks.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:03 pm Imagine trying to defend a coach who looses 77% of the time vs our head coach because it's just a few % points better than the average winning % of our head coach by saying our head coach sucks.
Imagine spending years arguing that a future hall of fame coach sucks
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine missing so much every single day here including the Scott Drew sucks thread.

Imagine failing with 77 plus percent of your posts.

Imagine being randy.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:18 pm Imagine missing so much every single day here including the Scott Drew sucks thread.

Imagine failing with 77 plus percent of your posts.

Imagine being randy.
How do you feel about our road trip to baylor in couple weeks?

Didn't you just predict it as one of our likely road losses
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s so painful.
Like explaining a joke to a 5 year old.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Scott Drew sucks so hard his lips went double platinum.