Official Sorry Patrick, Red Raiders Are Loosers

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Official Sorry Patrick, Red Raiders Are Loosers

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:17 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:49 am Elmarko looks lost. Multiple games where he should be the secondary ballhandler and an outlet pass after a made basket hits him in the stomach because he isn't paying attention (thankfully he caught it last night and didn't turn it over or watch it whiz past him out of bounds).

Feels like he could be recruited over if the next 2 recruiting classes go well and we start getting some 1 and dones.
and it’s not like he hasn’t gotten the minutes to learn

it’s been mentioned multiple times throughout the season how him getting so many minutes due to roster issues SHOULD be great for his development. i’m not throwing in the towel on him just yet, but i’ve soured on him since the start of the season
I think he can develop into a really good college player....i do not think we should ever expect he's capable of being a #1 or #2 guy on a contender. Could absolutely be wrong. Frank Mason didn't look good his freshman year either. But, I don't think those guys (frank and devonte) come along very often.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Well, that title didn't age well.

Someone needs to take over starting game threads, at least the road games. I'm not helping.
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:15 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 am

did i say big impact?

:lol:

clown
We did not even get arterio morris, who would've completely changed the dynamic of this team, and you were still completely wrong
that you’re still pining over an accused sexual offender comes as no surprise
This is a really stupid classless comment. I wish we weren't in a position where self felt a need to take a risk on a guy with character issues. But he did because he knew this roster needed to add some quickness and playmaking ability so he risked it hoping arterio could stay out of trouble
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the general manager whiffed on this roster. he knows it. fran knows it. i know it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Elmarko not being a great outside shooter doesn't make him a natural fit to play with the starters

He's actually been decent for a freshman guard. Anyone that doesn't seen him oozing with talent must be blind

He's going to be a really good player. I guess in the modern transfer era there always the worry he leaves, but if he sticks around, his potential is elite
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You don't know that Morris would have 'completely changed the dynamic of this team' so stop spouting around like you do. You thought Yesufu was going to be Kyle Lowry. He wasn't.

Can you ( without saying TeXAs WaS BeTTeR thAN KU laST YeAR ) look up Arterio's stats last season for me again?
PPG, APG, RPG, TOPG, FG%, 3FG%?
I'm curious.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 pm You don't know that Morris would have 'completely changed the dynamic of this team' so stop spouting around like you do. You thought Yesufu was going to be Kyle Lowry. He wasn't.

Can you ( without saying TeXAs WaS BeTTeR thAN KU laST YeAR ) look up Arterio's stats last season for me again?
PPG, APG, RPG, TOPG, FG%, 3FG%?
I'm curious.
I made one comment about how a short stocky explosive guard who scored 20+ in back to back tournament games reminded me of lowry and you still haven't lost your erection 2 years later

I never said he was going to be him. I just watched a super athletic player with a similar build
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But funny you mention him again. Why did self recruit both Yesefu and Morris? Because he desperately need a quick explosive guard to pair with dajuan, because dajuan just doesn't have that gear.

Morris was a highly touted recruit with next level athleticism. He played a full season of big 12 basketball on the best team in the league last season, backing up really good older Guards. He was ready to play a big role.

Did you watch the Puerto Rico games? Morris was crazy explosive and easily our best guard. Lighting quick knocking down 3s

Do you really think self would have risked recruiting arterio morris if didn't see him being a difference maker? He knew morris had tools this team needed.

And every time we watch a game of stagnant offense, we are reminded of that
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Arterio did look good in Puerto Rico.

I don't think he was the fix for this team. But he'd be an upgrade from Elmarko and Timberlake. In a perfect world. But he has behavior problems so who knows how that could have had negative impacts internally.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"But he'd be an upgrade from Elmarko and Timberlake."

We don't know that.
Exhibitions in Puerto Rico are not proof.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:27 pm "But he'd be an upgrade from Elmarko and Timberlake."

We don't know that.
Exhibitions in Puerto Rico are not proof.
Sure. There is no way to know for certain.

But, I think it's a reasonable conclusion to come to based on what I saw and what I have seen since.

Not a major upgrade over Elmarko by any means. It's not like Arterio was NBA caliber. I think our record would be the exact same. And I'd rather not have people like Arterio associated with the program.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The fact self was willing to risk recruiting morris despite known off the court issues is proof enough for me that he believed he would be a difference maker

Plus his talent level is just kind of obvious
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Is it?
Can you get those stats for me that I asked for earlier?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:41 pm Is it?
18 min, 9-11 fg, 5-7 3pt, 2-2 ft, 1 reb, 1 ast, 25 pts ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That is not a correct answer to my question.
And if it was, then i'd give you a version of that answer that would relate to us last season:

4 MIN, 0 PTS, 0-1 FG, 0 REB, 0 AST, 1 TO, 2 PF
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Answer or not....

randy - "Plus his talent level is just kind of obvious"
pdub - "Is it"?
gutter - 18 min, 9-11 fg, 5-7 3pt, 2-2 ft, 1 reb, 1 ast, 25 pts ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:41 pm Is it?
Why don't you get us nick timberlakes stats from last year while we are at it

You are so back and forth on whether stats matter or not, just based on how it applies to whatever your current argument is
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wut?
I thought Timberlake would be good when we landed him ( so did you for the record ).
But very early on this season I saw that was not correct.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:13 pm Answer or not....

randy - "Plus his talent level is just kind of obvious"
pdub - "Is it"?
gutter - 18 min, 9-11 fg, 5-7 3pt, 2-2 ft, 1 reb, 1 ast, 25 pts ;)
Louisiana!!!

Does Hofstra also work for you gutman?
40 min, 12-21, 7-11 3pt, 4 reb, 3 ast, 32 pts :0
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:34 pm Wut?
I thought Timberlake would be good when we landed him ( so did you for the record ).
But very early on this season I saw that was not correct.
For every KM and HD there will be a NT.

Coaches don't get to give these guys a tryout. They watch some tape, hope it translates, and roll.

As our recruiting picks up post punishment and FBI scandal, the need for the NT like transfers will diminish.

Although, I do think we'd be better off this season with MJ Rice and Yesufu than NT and Elmarko.