Official Sorry Patrick, Red Raiders Are Loosers

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Official Sorry Patrick, Red Raiders Are Loosers

Post by MICHHAWK »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:40 pm As our recruiting picks up post punishment and FBI scandal, the need for the NT like transfers will diminish.
i'm gonna disagree with that. in this new world. guys will always be transferring out at the end of the season. so goes the need for guys to transfer in.

past recent history tells me we will have multiple hit the portal at the conclusion of this season. who do you think is gonna fill those voids.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Freshman year stats:

16 mpg, 2.4 pts, 2.2 ast, 1.1 rb
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The biggest issue in my opinion is the 2 lost schollies we punished ourselves with. If you assume you're going to whiff on some percentage of players, having two extra shots at getting one right would have been nice. F the NCAA. KU should have held on and not capitulated to them to try to get the case over with. That fucked this team more than anything.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:47 pm The biggest issue in my opinion is the 2 lost schollies we punished ourselves with. If you assume you're going to whiff on some percentage of players, having two extra shots at getting one right would have been nice. F the NCAA. KU should have held on and not capitulated to them to try to get the case over with. That fucked this team more than anything.
I think we’d have a VERY different view if Morris had been with us. But of course, putting your eggs in that basket came with known, heightened risk.

In my opinion, THAT’S the games/prizes explanation here.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:45 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:40 pm As our recruiting picks up post punishment and FBI scandal, the need for the NT like transfers will diminish.
i'm gonna disagree with that. in this new world. guys will always be transferring out at the end of the season. so goes the need for guys to transfer in.

past recent history tells me we will have multiple hit the portal at the conclusion of this season. who do you think is gonna fill those voids.
All true. You might be right. I am hoping we develop role players + recruit 1 and dones + fill in high end transfers like KM and HD.

Picking from the mid majors seems like risky business to me. High miss rate.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:47 pm The biggest issue in my opinion is the 2 lost schollies we punished ourselves with. If you assume you're going to whiff on some percentage of players, having two extra shots at getting one right would have been nice. F the NCAA. KU should have held on and not capitulated to them to try to get the case over with. That fucked this team more than anything.
I think we did the right thing by accepting a very minor punishment in the grand scheme of things.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Our recruiting class next year has 3 prototypical recruits for the way self likes to play.

A talented combo guard, an athletic 3 and D wing, and a freakishly athletic center

Seems like self still wants to recruit and develop his own talent, and the portal is more to fill in roster holes
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:40 pm
I think we did the right thing by accepting a very minor punishment in the grand scheme of things.
It was completely separate of the ruling handed down and doesn't appear to have been needed whatsoever. I don't recall seeing "in addition to the already self-imposed penalties, we announce the following additional penalties" type of message when the IARP ruling came down. Maybe it happened but I dont remember it. Just seems like we tried to get the ncaa to be done with it and didnt need to.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:59 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:40 pm
It was completely separate of the ruling handed down and doesn't appear to have been needed whatsoever. I don't recall seeing "in addition to the already self-imposed penalties, we announce the following additional penalties" type of message when the IARP ruling came down. Maybe it happened but I dont remember it. Just seems like we tried to get the ncaa to be done with it and didnt need to.
It’s all very complex. The best part, by far, was Emmert having to hand Bill the trophy…only a handful of days/weeks after Bill offered to hand himself over to Emmert for the tournament in question.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:13 pm Answer or not....

randy - "Plus his talent level is just kind of obvious"
pdub - "Is it"?
gutter - 18 min, 9-11 fg, 5-7 3pt, 2-2 ft, 1 reb, 1 ast, 25 pts ;)
Louisiana!!!

Does Hofstra also work for you gutman?
40 min, 12-21, 7-11 3pt, 4 reb, 3 ast, 32 pts :0
You are dealing with a dumb man (me).
I don't understand the Hofstra reference.
As far as Louisiana, yes - the Louisiana team that must have been as good as KU last season because just like KU, they beat Harvard by 14. ;)
Heck, maybe the Louisiana team was better than KU. They only lost to Tennessee by 3. :shock:
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That ( Hofstra ) was a Timberlake high talent special.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Gotcha!
Mother fucker had games of 34, 26, 29, 31, 32, 24, 24, 21, 26, 23, and 27, last season.
Just another guy Self ruined.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 pm Gotcha!
Mother fucker had games of 34, 26, 29, 31, 32, 24, 24, 21, 26, 23, and 27, last season.
Just another guy Self ruined.

What’s that they say?

Don’t go chasing waterfalls? No. When the well’s dry, we will know the value of water? Still no.

Oh, got it: water finds its level.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, considering how many other scoring guards looked good elsewhere then not as good here, pretty sure a lot of fans didn’t expect much from Justin Timberlake

Yes, Charlie Moore, JCL, Moss…it’s just a different ball game at KU
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Moss was terrific in his role at Kansas, pretty similar stats to his previous years.

JCL did fine and would be a welcome addition this year.

Charlie looked terrible. Yes, DePaul is a different world. By the time he got to Miami he was a 5th year senior. Of course he had improved. I'm sure Charlie would be getting run this year too.

I think lots of people expected more out of Nick than he has shown. zhes not young, he shouldn't look so totally lost and flustered.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The thing most these transfer guards all had in common: not good defenders.

Self doesn't like playing people that don't guard the way he expects. So transfers that aren't great defensively dont get the minutes they need to put up numbers. And when they aren't getting starter minutes, they are always looking over their shoulder and can't play free, like Timberlake for example
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Moss was a three year starter at Iowa and still had to adjust to self. His defense has baddd early on, but he improved and came on strong by the end of the year. Moss gave shooting and spacing to a team that really needed it, and he also didn't make bonehead plays on offense

JCL I kind of forgot already sadly. He would have played a lot more on almost any other team, but we had Braun and ochai at his position. He was solid tho

Imagine if this team had JCL instead of Timberlake
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mccullar was probably the one transfer guard that came in as a high level defender, so no coincidence he transitioned seamlessly to Kansas and has played a ton the entire time