worse I think
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Re: Official Sorry Patrick, Red Raiders Are Loosers

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:01 pm Topeka ymca type game
worse I think
A lot worse. How this team was ever preseason #1 is baffling. So many holes and weaknesses
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yikes!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So looks like I didn’t miss much.
29 points?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:50 pm

He's going to be a really good player.

He just reminds me a lot of tyshawn. Tyshawn was a head ache early in his career
your track record speaks for itself
Before the season you were the one that predicted he'd be a starter for us this year and ready to make a big impact

I said he was raw and needs time to develop.

How's that for track record

He's going to be an elite college point, just not as a freshman. Probably junior season
did i say big impact?

:lol:

clown
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm trying to get over that game, I knew it wasn't going to be great. Throwaway game.

But that was the worst effort I've seen in 40+ years. It sort of ruined the season for me, I have very little excitement going forward and that.....sucks.

I'm trying to forget it and move on but...man. I've never ever given up on a team but that lack of effort made me depressed.

Also, I don't like baseball....so when you're debating throwing in the towel in early February it makes for a loonnnggg offseason. Guess I'll be watching a lot of Rodeo until fall.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I thought they were "trying" for most of the game. They were just bad and missing shots.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 am I thought they were "trying" for most of the game. They were just bad and missing shots.
if that was trying then I feel even worse about it
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Was pretty easy to see that turd sandwich coming.

We are sick/banged up and have no bench.

We are terrible away from home.

We played a competitive game two days prior, and the Super Bowl was in between.

Nothing about yesterday changed my opinion on the ceiling and floor of this team…but my opinion on those things was not very encouraging anyway.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think we saw the loss coming, but we didn't see the blowout coming

It's the type of game (with mccullar out and all other conditions) you'd expect your other all American to put his team on his back and lead
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:51 pm
your track record speaks for itself
Before the season you were the one that predicted he'd be a starter for us this year and ready to make a big impact

He's going to be an elite college point, just not as a freshman. Probably junior season
did i say big impact?

clown
We did not even get arterio morris, who would've completely changed the dynamic of this team, and you were still completely wrong
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am I think we saw the loss coming, but we didn't see the blowout coming

It's the type of game (with mccullar out and all other conditions) you'd expect your other all American to put his team on his back and lead
I think this misunderstands what a 5 is really capable of doing.

We are - again - at least one ball-handler short.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Elmarko looks lost. Multiple games where he should be the secondary ballhandler and an outlet pass after a made basket hits him in the stomach because he isn't paying attention (thankfully he caught it last night and didn't turn it over or watch it whiz past him out of bounds).

Feels like he could be recruited over if the next 2 recruiting classes go well and we start getting some 1 and dones.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:40 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am I think we saw the loss coming, but we didn't see the blowout coming

They can double and trap and try to cut out his post up game, which is what they did. But, when you are 7'2, you can impact the game with hustle and crashing the boards and getting putbacks and impacting the game defensively. We didn't get any of that from hunter
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

hd was bad last night.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:49 am Elmarko looks lost. Multiple games where he should be the secondary ballhandler and an outlet pass after a made basket hits him in the stomach because he isn't paying attention (thankfully he caught it last night and didn't turn it over or watch it whiz past him out of bounds).

Feels like he could be recruited over if the next 2 recruiting classes go well and we start getting some 1 and dones.
Na. He's going to be a stud. We have a good point guard coming in next year, who's ranked about where elmarko was ranked in his class. Freshman pgs usually don't do that well at KU, takes time to learn the system and to play efficient self basketball

You guys are giving up on elmarko too soon. I'm seeing improvement
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:57 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:40 am

They can double and trap and try to cut out his post up game, which is what they did. But, when you are 7'2, you can impact the game with hustle and crashing the boards and getting putbacks and impacting the game defensively. We didn't get any of that from hunter
I assume you are aware that there is a tension between…well, a lot of those things. Particularly when the dropoff is to a preferred walk-on level guy.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I mean...he's no Deedrick
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:34 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 am

did i say big impact?

clown
We did not even get arterio morris, who would've completely changed the dynamic of this team, and you were still completely wrong
that you’re still pining over an accused sexual offender comes as no surprise
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:49 am Elmarko looks lost. Multiple games where he should be the secondary ballhandler and an outlet pass after a made basket hits him in the stomach because he isn't paying attention (thankfully he caught it last night and didn't turn it over or watch it whiz past him out of bounds).

and it’s not like he hasn’t gotten the minutes to learn

it’s been mentioned multiple times throughout the season how him getting so many minutes due to roster issues SHOULD be great for his development. i’m not throwing in the towel on him just yet, but i’ve soured on him since the start of the season