Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by pdub »

Doesn’t sound like anyone was seriously hurt in the accident which may keep Rice out of jail ( if he was the driver ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Dash cam video

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Msd9EM ... _copy_link

Supposedly will make a statement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/ ... 9485540491

All sorts of rumors. He got out of the Lambo. Car stolen. Guns in car.

https://twitter.com/search?q=rashee%20r ... arch_click
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You'd think it just wouldn't be that hard not to do things like this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I bounce around on reddit and arrowheadpride to get more details on the Chiefs.
In circumstances like this you always have the people who come out and say, "let's not be quick to pass judgement, you were in your 20's at some point too."

Which is true.
I drove a few times well under the influence which was very stupid. I recall white knuckling it and trying to follow exactly the speed limit and come to full stops just terrified of getting pulled over etc but yes, definitely dumb thing in my 20's.

But there's 2 things here that let me say, I can pass all the judgement I want.
1. You're a professional making millions ( or will eventually ) of dollars. You need to understand you'll be under the spotlight. And no doubt you've been briefed on all of this.
2. While yes, I did dumb things in my 20's, like I mentioned above, I sure as hell didn't fucking race cars on a busy highway at 6 PM on a Saturday.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 am I bounce around on reddit and arrowheadpride to get more details on the Chiefs.
In circumstances like this you always have the people who come out and say, "let's not be quick to pass judgement, you were in your 20's at some point too."

Which is true.
I drove a few times well under the influence which was very stupid. I recall white knuckling it and trying to follow exactly the speed limit and come to full stops just terrified of getting pulled over etc but yes, definitely dumb thing in my 20's.

But there's 2 things here that let me say, I can pass all the judgement I want.
1. You're a professional making millions ( or will eventually ) of dollars. You need to understand you'll be under the spotlight. And no doubt you've been briefed on all of this.
2. While yes, I did dumb things in my 20's, like I mentioned above, I sure as hell didn't fucking race cars on a busy highway at 6 PM on a Saturday.
I absolutely agree that context matters.

Nobody is making any of these guys play pro sports. If any of them want lower stakes, those stakes are available.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So assuming Rice was the driver of the car and fled the scene and then gets charged with a felony what are the %'s he is on the Chiefs this season?

I would say very high because the Chiefs saw what happens when you do the right thing and let a player go -- he is very quickly snatched up by another team who DGAF.

And then, if charged with a felony, what is the under/over on games suspended?
4.5?
And under/over on the season those suspensions are handed down.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:28 pm So assuming Rice was the driver of the car and fled the scene and then gets charged with a felony what are the %'s he is on the Chiefs this season?

I would say very high because the Chiefs saw what happens when you do the right thing and let a player go -- he is very quickly snatched up by another team who DGAF.

And then, if charged with a felony, what is the under/over on games suspended?
4.5?
And under/over on the season those suspensions are handed down.
It’ll depend on the nature of the charges. Absent something more than what we know, I think it’s 2-4 games max.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Occam's razor of sorts : Rice owned the car, was speeding, was driving, got in the wreck, walked away from the wreck. People sent to the hospital but no major injuries. Nothing illegal found in the car.

I'd set the suspension at 4.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The odds should high that Rice is suspended for about six games--that seems to be the number Chiefs get. But it might have been worse given the stolen car and weapons stuff that was swirling around. I thought the K Hunt stuff, after the murder suicide a few years earlier, pushed the Chiefs to act very forcefully once the tape came out. This one has not made much of dent outside of KC yet. Yet. Still waiting to see definitive evidence.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:40 pm Occam's razor of sorts : Rice owned the car, was speeding, was driving, got in the wreck, walked away from the wreck. People sent to the hospital but no major injuries. Nothing illegal found in the car.

I'd set the suspension at 4.
If that’s all that can be objectively proven, it certainly won’t be MORE than four games (and I’d be a bit surprised at four).

I’m not saying that 2 or 4 or 6 or anything in particular is “right” - but I do know that as a practical matter, the fact pattern you gave here is highly, highly unlikely to result in anything more than four.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:42 pm The odds should high that Rice is suspended for about six games--that seems to be the number Chiefs get. But it might have been worse given the stolen car and weapons stuff that was swirling around. I thought the K Hunt stuff, after the murder suicide a few years earlier, pushed the Chiefs to act very forcefully once the tape came out. This one has not made much of dent outside of KC yet. Yet. Still waiting to see definitive evidence.
I learned about it on Good Morning America today
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The Dallas North Tollway is notorious as an F1 track for fast cars.

I have seen this shit dozens of times on the stretch of road.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 pm The Dallas North Tollway is notorious as an F1 track for fast cars.

When you were in law enforcement, would you try and chase them down?
My guess is no - unless you or someone else in law enforcement witnessed them commit a felony.
I have mixed feelings about police "chases".

Back to Rash....

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 3847974084

On Sunday his attorney said he (I wasn't sure if "he" meant Rice or the attorney) would make a statement tomorrow (meaning Monday).
Took a whole day to come up with this? I guess saying as little as possible is probably best in this situation. I don't know what crime/s he is going to be charged with but I have to assume walking away and leaving a damaged car on the the highway/tollway after being involved in an accident is at least one thing law enforcement frowns upon.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs sign one time all pro Wentz as a backup.

I actually like him as our backup but hopefully he only plays in blowouts.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t understand why this Rice crash is national news still. It was the second thing on GMA. Surely there’s something more important to cover.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, seeing as CEH hasn't been picked up, i'd consider bringing him back for a 1 year 1-1.5 million type deal.
He was a bust but I do think he's rosterable and a good backup for Pacheco.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:41 am Also, seeing as CEH hasn't been picked up, i'd consider bringing him back for a 1 year 1-1.5 million type deal.
Issue is that he's not much more than a zero in the passing game, and it would be really good to have the same guy be able to both back Pacheco up AND be the third down guy.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:17 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 pm The Dallas North Tollway is notorious as an F1 track for fast cars.

When you were in law enforcement, would you try and chase them down?
My guess is no - unless you or someone else in law enforcement witnessed them commit a felony.
I have mixed feelings about police "chases".

Back to Rash....

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 3847974084

On Sunday his attorney said he (I wasn't sure if "he" meant Rice or the attorney) would make a statement tomorrow (meaning Monday).
Took a whole day to come up with this? I guess saying as little as possible is probably best in this situation. I don't know what crime/s he is going to be charged with but I have to assume walking away and leaving a damaged car on the the highway/tollway after being involved in an accident is at least one thing law enforcement frowns upon.

Marshal's aren't exactly in the "chase down speeders" business.

If I were tasked with securing a known felon, and somehow they escaped, I would do anything that I could to apprehend....keeping the safety of civilians and team members in mind.

I can tell you, we had pretty solid contingency plans for just about anything that might come up.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:10 am Chiefs sign one time all pro Wentz as a backup.

I actually like him as our backup but hopefully he only plays in blowouts.
By far the best backup to Mahomes KC has had. That said, I hope he only plays one game a year and that is the last regular season game when KC is resting Mahomes because they already have the #1 seed locked up.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:41 am Also, seeing as CEH hasn't been picked up, i'd consider bringing him back for a 1 year 1-1.5 million type deal.
Chiefs listened to me.