Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by twocoach »

Everything is easy from behind a keyboard after the fact.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, to be fair, during the draft, I wanted those things before the picks were made.

viewtopic.php?p=333110#p333110
viewtopic.php?p=333135#p333135

Drafting Branch instead of FAU.

viewtopic.php?p=333267#p333267

Wishing we had taken the Titans deal.

viewtopic.php?p=333279#p333279
viewtopic.php?p=328244&hilit=Achane#p328244

My obvious 'lust' after Achane.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t like that guy.

He’s like when you get to a website and they say top 12 blah blah and you have to click for each page of blah with something unrelated inbetween every 3 pages.

Can you give us a synopsis plz Shirley?
What is the trouble?
What is the thing that could happen?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:45 pm I don’t like that guy.

He’s like when you get to a website and they say top 12 blah blah and you have to click for each page of blah with something unrelated inbetween every 3 pages.

What is the trouble?
I picked up, that you didn't like him, a while ago.

I couldn't watch him at first either, and wish his vids were ~ a third as long. Every time I see that it's another ~ 12 minute video, I cut myself, again. His enthusiasm and dedication to the Chiefs makes him somewhat more tolerable, right? But, I'm not sure where else to get such a comprehensive and often nearly contemporaneous update on things Chief, and looking at him reminds me why I shave regularly.

Which begs the question: What else, besides KU basketball games and "How 'bout those Chiefs", do you also not care about enough to watch?

The "thing that could happen" is that defensive backs coach Merritt might get hired away.

IMO: If it wasn't taken somewhat for granted that they'll resign Sneed, THAT would be the "thing that could happen".
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think his passion rules.
I just wish he’d get to the point a bit faster.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

What is the trouble?
Guy needs to take a few breaths here and there. He's like those legal notifications at the end of a radio ad, trying to fit in as many words as quickly as possible. I can't absorb any of that material due to how fast it is thrown at me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you sit through it though there’s good content. Clearly spends time editing and writing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I started watching CDot Carrington Harrison and RGR. RGR is a commercial any more. CDOT is missing in action and a MU grad. I watched Cole develop into a real site and enjoy his content, but he does try to be too cool for school occasionally and does ramble. But is a fan. And I watch. He actually quit his full-time video job in the industry to run the site. Good person.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Brian Robinson falls to pick 27, and Zona is open to a trade b/c maybe they've already drafted a WR in Marvin Harrison, move up to get ahead of Buffalo.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:54 am If Brian Robinson falls to pick 27, and Zona is open to a trade b/c maybe they've already drafted a WR in Marvin Harrison, move up to get ahead of Buffalo.
Hard to swing this mid-draft (and, more importantly, this really needs to happen before the draft), but I believe the Cardinals are also a quite-viable trade partner for Sneed. Lots and lots of cap room.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:52 am

What is the trouble?
I picked up, that you didn't like him, a while ago.

I couldn't watch him at first either, and wish his vids were ~ a third as long. Every time I see that it's another ~ 12 minute video, I cut myself, again. His enthusiasm and dedication to the Chiefs makes him somewhat more tolerable, right? But, I'm not sure where else to get such a comprehensive and often nearly contemporaneous update on things Chief, and looking at him reminds me why I shave regularly.

Which begs the question: What else, besides KU basketball games and "How 'bout those Chiefs", do you also not care about enough to watch?

The "thing that could happen" is that defensive backs coach Merritt might get hired away.

IMO: If it wasn't taken somewhat for granted that they'll resign Sneed, THAT would be the "thing that could happen".
Merritt has been on record saying he won't leave until his kids are out of high school - I believe he's got a freshman or sophomore as his youngest.

I think you can take it to the bank that, should Spags leave, Merritt will slide right into that chair.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:54 am If Brian Robinson falls to pick 27, and Zona is open to a trade b/c maybe they've already drafted a WR in Marvin Harrison, move up to get ahead of Buffalo.
There seem to be enough good WRs out there that there shouldn't be a need to trade up to get one. Why spend multiple draft picks to get one who isn't significantly better than the one you could get for just one draft pick?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 am If you sit through it though there’s good content. Clearly spends time editing and writing.
Certainly. It's just so much information that, without it being written down, is hard to lock into memory. And I find overly caffeinated people like that to be exhausting at this point in my life. I don't do great a just watching my information. I do better when it is written and I can skip over what I don't care about and read what I am interested in multiple times. Just my preference.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:37 am
pdub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 am If you sit through it though there’s good content. Clearly spends time editing and writing.
Certainly. It's just so much information that, without it being written down, is hard to lock into memory. And I find overly caffeinated people like that to be exhausting at this point in my life. I don't do great a just watching my information. I do better when it is written and I can skip over what I don't care about and read what I am interested in multiple times. Just my preference.
Perhaps you could turn the captions to "On", transcribe each episode, and share it here?
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:35 am
There seem to be enough good WRs out there that there shouldn't be a need to trade up to get one. Why spend multiple draft picks to get one who isn't significantly better than the one you could get for just one draft pick?
Because i'm high on Brian Thomas and think he's better than the guys who'll fall below him.
Otherwise why would I suggest it?

To move up 5 spots w Zona you could probably give your 1st and 3rd for their 1st and 5th.
If you have traded Sneed by then, you might have an extra 2 picks.

*yes I accidentally called Brian Thomas Brian Robinson, no that doesn't mean anything more than I was reading about Brian Robinson's role at the Commandskins next season
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:21 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:35 am
Because i'm high on Brian Thomas and think he's better than the guys who'll fall below him.
Otherwise why would I suggest it?
My first instinct was to say that it doesn't seem like something the Chiefs would do but some quick research proves me wrong. They traded up a bit to get McDuffie. They traded up a bit to get Rashee Rice. They traded up a bit to get Chamarri Conner. They do seem to make little moves like that frequently lately so who knows, maybe they do. I have read excellent things about Thomas so that seems like a player that would be a great fit.

So many what-ifs. Fun stuff for sure. The NFL offseason roster building is so fascinating. KC seems to be pretty dialed in these last few years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They'll definitely have their targets.
McDuffie was a big target for them ( hence trading away a 1st, 3rd and 4th ) and they nailed that one.

If Brian Thomas Jr is as good at his position as McDuffie, sending a 3rd rounder would be beyond worth it. That's the equivalent of like a 1400+ yard 8 TD+ receiving season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KC traded away their own 2024 5th round pick to get Chamarri Conner but get Dallas' 5th round pick as well as a compensatory 5th rounder for Andrew Wylie moving on. They also already traded away their 6th and 7th round picks so will have nothing after the 5th round (barring any additional trades). Bummer since KC has usually done really well in finding impact players in the 6th and 7th round.