Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by Sparko »

Rice took full responsibility for being irresponsible today in his own press release. I hate to say it, but probably played it the right way to keep his career safer.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:09 pm I'm too wary about Kool-Aid's unresolved foot deal to take him that high.
I get that Cooper also went out with an injury but that was a leg fracture which is in a different world than Kool Aid's type of foot fracture.

Cooper would be to our secondary as Bolton is to our linebacking core.
We could also use him for kick returns.

I like those corners but I think DeJean is going to be a stud and that's why i'd draft him if he was at 32.

Dream draft for me would mean Brian Thomas Jr falling to 32.
But maybe second to that would be somehow ( emphasis on dream ) DeJean at 32 and Xavier Lagette at 64.
Well I'm with you if Cooper is there you get him but really do not see him there. Same with Thomas if he is there get him but really do not see him making it to #32. I think in the first we just chill and see who falls to us. Now after that we move. We use the draft ammo to move up and get someone in 2nd.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm Rice took full responsibility for being irresponsible today in his own press release. I hate to say it, but probably played it the right way to keep his career safer.
So Rice was driving the leased Lambo and he owned the Vette in the crash. He about to lose a lot of money.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

From the cars of course maybe even more in civil suits if the insurance caps/denies.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 pm From the cars of course maybe even more in civil suits if the insurance caps/denies.
Racing. So Flo would probably point to a disqualifier
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:20 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 pm From the cars of course maybe even more in civil suits if the insurance caps/denies.
Racing. So Flo would probably point to a disqualifier
The wife and I got passed by an M5 Beemer on the DNT one evening.
He had to be running around 140.

Came to a screeching slow down thanks to the ass of a work van.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm Rice took full responsibility for being irresponsible today in his own press release. I hate to say it, but probably played it the right way to keep his career safer.
It is usually better to admit what you've done and take efforts to make right before you stand in front of a judge. Hopefully Rice learns from the situation and realizes how fortunate he is that he did not Henry Ruggs someone.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Did not stand in front of a breathalizer though.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It’s quite a Goodell-facing gambit - not one he should pursue if there are bad legal facts out there that have not come to light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Danna gets $13mm guaranteed to come back. Bigger number than I expected.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I always thought he was coming back. He had options kinda drove the price up. But it's done. They needed this done so they can figure out the rest of FA. We can fill in and then hit the draft. Looking for some more short term vets.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So they are white flagging FAU if they are paying that much for Danna ( which I don’t mind at all since you now have the money to spend, at least spend it ).

We shoulda listened to PDub and drafted Brian Branch.

Last year:
“ I think Branch can play anywhere which makes him an asset ( also, Sneed is a FA next season ).
I also think he's a better overall player than FAU.”

Listen to pdub? Set at CB even with Sneed gone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 pm So they are white flagging FAU if they are paying that much for Danna ( which I don’t mind at all since you now have the money to spend, at least spend it ).

We shoulda listened to PDub and drafted Brian Branch.

Last year:
“ I think Branch can play anywhere which makes him an asset ( also, Sneed is a FA next season ).
I also think he's a better overall player than FAU.”

Listen to pdub? Set at CB even with Sneed gone.
I don’t think it’s a white flag on FAU. It’s a hedge on him, but also on Karlaftis getting way too expensive. And in any case you’ve gotta have three or four good guys at the position, and we’re probably down one to start the year.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So who we getting next. In FA as time goes the leverage is with the Chiefs. Have not seen the details on Danna contract but figure we have around $20 mill left. Thinking OT and we talking to Smith. He was a steal ly at $3 mill. At CB I like Howard who has come out publicly that he want to chase a ring and does not care about money. At WR I am leaning toward Hunter, good route runner who catches the ball.

We can get all these guys because???? We traded Sneed. We may already have Sneed replacement when we moved up in the 4th ly and drafted Conner.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:39 pm Did not stand in front of a breathalizer though.
But he had to take on some extra charges to avoid it. We'll see if they throw the book at him or if it turns into a minor thing. The NFL will probably penalize him more than the courts.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Chiefs moving?

comeon tax payers...subsidize these billionaire owners and millionaire players...they deserve it.

pro sports money is so ridiculous
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:19 pm Chiefs moving?

comeon tax payers...subsidize these billionaire owners and millionaire players...they deserve it.

It is ridiculous. But there are more cities willing to pay for it than there are teams. I would love to see a city say no…but I wouldn’t want that to be my city.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:07 pm

It is ridiculous. But there are more cities willing to pay for it than there are teams. I would love to see a city say no…but I wouldn’t want that to be my city.
I just don't understand the logic in making people with sub 100k family incomes pay for a stadium owned by billionaires and used exclusively by multimillionaire athletes.

Then, on top of that, charging those same people $100s to watch millionaires play and $10 for beer.

They've modified the bread and circus logic and somehow made it worse.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:34 pm

I just don't understand the logic in making people with sub 100k family incomes pay for a stadium owned by billionaires and used exclusively by multimillionaire athletes.

Then, on top of that, charging those same people $100s to watch millionaires play and $10 for beer.

I think that leaves out a lot of what the public gets out of a city/region having a team.

I don’t have a problem at all with cities/regions putting these things (to be clear: billionaire subsidies) to votes and letting people decide.

Take the recent ballot measure that failed in Kansas City, where county taxpayers were asked to shoulder a 3/8 cent sales (not income) tax for an additional few decades.

One can derive how much that means their family would be spending on the subsidies, and decide whether the “soft” benefits are worth it to them.

We’re absolutely in agreement on the bigger picture, but that’s a take-it-to-the-Pols-bored discussion about the concentration of wealth at the extreme right end of the curve.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:34 pm

The owner doesn't own the stadium and it isn't used exclusively be multimillionaire athletes.