Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 am Say for whatever reason Bamas Latham and Adonai are both available at 32. Who do you take?
Totally fine with Adonai but Latham is RT so I pass. Now if you would have said Mims I say yes.

If you listened to what Veech said he was talking about if the right player drops they might move up and get him. Also talked about Sky and Toney so if they do something it's for a OT.

Also could be the right CB. Man I have fallen for Cooper. That kid is a baller. Do you know how and why he got hurt?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think a minor ( but still ended his season ) leg fracture which isn’t as concerning for future injury as say a knee or Achilles.

Skyy and Toney aren’t it.
That’s gotta be smoke screen.
Brian Thomas Jr plz.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:09 pm I think a minor ( but still ended his season ) leg fracture which isn’t as concerning for future injury as say a knee or Achilles.

Skyy and Toney aren’t it.
That’s gotta be smoke screen.
Brian Thomas Jr plz.
No the kid was a killer in HS. But the comp was small town Iowa. Played both sides did it all. His coach got someone from Iowa to come watch him, boom scholarship. Last year Iowa had close to zero offense. He went in and convinced the coaches to play him both ways. Got hurt in practice playing offense. He a baller.

I like Thomas a lot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I keep landing ISU's TJ Tampa in a number of these mocks.
I think he'd be a great pick if he's still there with our 2nd.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ESPNs latest mock:

“Chiefs get: No. 24
Cowboys get: Nos. 32, 95 and 159
Kansas City GM Brett Veach isn't shy about moving up for prospects that he likes in Round 1. We've seen it in past years, with K.C. trading up for players such as Patrick Mahomes and Trent McDuffie. So why not do it again for a reliable pass-catcher?

24. Kansas City Chiefs (via mock trade with DAL)

Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Mitchell is a perfect fit in the Chiefs' scheme and can play inside or outside for them.”

No freaking way do you give up all that to jump 8 spots for a WR you have maybe a 25-30 percent chance at getting without moving. No way.

If you can move JUST that 3rd to jump some, ok I guess.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 am ESPNs latest mock:

“Chiefs get: No. 24
Cowboys get: Nos. 32, 95 and 159
Kansas City GM Brett Veach isn't shy about moving up for prospects that he likes in Round 1. We've seen it in past years, with K.C. trading up for players such as Patrick Mahomes and Trent McDuffie. So why not do it again for a reliable pass-catcher?

24. Kansas City Chiefs (via mock trade with DAL)

Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Mitchell is a perfect fit in the Chiefs' scheme and can play inside or outside for them.”

No freaking way do you give up all that to jump 8 spots for a WR you have maybe a 25-30 percent chance at getting without moving. No way.

If you can move JUST that 3rd to jump some, ok I guess.
Especially when the rest of his mock draft has just one other team taking a WR between 24 and the 32nd pick they already had. If there was going to be a big run on WRs then sure, I get it. But that trade seems more like "I want to write a mock that is different than everyone else's" than it does based in any sort of realistic world.

Overall, there's just too many people generating corny Mock Drafts to fill the content void.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am Like ME?!?!

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/sim/seeyatoney-1700
I've seen Thomas off the board anywhere from 15 to 23 in most drafts. But sure, IF he was there when the Chiefs picked then I'd love to see the Chiefs snag him. I think one of the two Texas WRs seems more likely.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I traded up to jump the Bills at 27 in that particular draft.
Adonai Mitchell at 32 works.
If Worthy ( the other Texas WR ) is available at 32 I'd rather just pass and see if he fell in the 2nd.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There’s a realistic scenario where we could land one of Adonai or McConkey without trading up and then trading up in the second for Suamataia.

Or the reverse: Mims or Morgan and trading up for Troy Franklin or Worthy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Kadarius Toney is “probably our most talented wideout now.”
Veach’s comment suggests Rashee Rice could be facing a lengthy suspension for allegedly causing a six-car crash while racing his Lamborghini with another driver in March."

1. Um, wut - did you not just sign Hollywood Brown?
2. Why we gotta draft a WR in the first 2 rounds
3. What's a lengthy suspension? It's why I think it might be over 6 games.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Toney could play it is his contract year so maybe he shows up. It sure sounded like he wanted a day one starting OT or someone who could compete with Morris. To me WR 1st round and then OT but we shall see.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:01 pm I traded up to jump the Bills at 27 in that particular draft.
If Worthy ( the other Texas WR ) is available at 32 I'd rather just pass and see if he fell in the 2nd.
...welp.
This better not be another DK vs Mecole.
I think both Legette and Adonai woulda made more sense.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:54 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:01 pm I traded up to jump the Bills at 27 in that particular draft.
...welp.
This better not be another DK vs Mecole.
I think both Legette and Adonai woulda made more sense.
Yeah. Different skills. Instead of competing skills.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“28. Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo Bills): Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas - Grade: C

The excitement of handing Patrick Mahomes the new record holder for the 40-yard dash is understandable. Even Mahomes himself, who reached out to the speedster after the receiver burned a 4.21-second run, seemed excited at the prospect of teaming up. But anyone convinced that the defending champions just found the next Tyreek Hill should cool their jets. While Worthy's game-breaking speed means he might only require a handful of opportunities to put his imprint on any matchup, the equilibrium of the Chiefs' receiving corps might be a little out of whack. If Rashee Rice serves a significant suspension due to his recent arrest, can Kansas City count on the rail-thin Worthy and uneven Marquise "Hollywood" Brown to carry the load? Defenses will only ramp up their efforts to deny Mahomes big plays, and Worthy will need to show he can hold up against more physical NFL defensive backs. With enough fireworks from Mahomes and Worthy, this assessment could easily prove flawed, though.“

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 459949007/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I like the pick but wtf do I know?
As I say too often, everyone looks good in HIGHLIGHT videos.
Therefore, I try to find weaknesses when I am trying to fully assess a player.
Even the best players have instances of looking not good. I found some for Worthy.
As Mike Jordan would say after watching this video, "X Man, you got Luc Longley hands".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkjjeCWOdZw
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am “28. Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo Bills): Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas - Grade: C

The excitement of handing Patrick Mahomes the new record holder for the 40-yard dash is understandable. Even Mahomes himself, who reached out to the speedster after the receiver burned a 4.21-second run, seemed excited at the prospect of teaming up. But anyone convinced that the defending champions just found the next Tyreek Hill should cool their jets. While Worthy's game-breaking speed means he might only require a handful of opportunities to put his imprint on any matchup, the equilibrium of the Chiefs' receiving corps might be a little out of whack. If Rashee Rice serves a significant suspension due to his recent arrest, can Kansas City count on the rail-thin Worthy and uneven Marquise "Hollywood" Brown to carry the load? Defenses will only ramp up their efforts to deny Mahomes big plays, and Worthy will need to show he can hold up against more physical NFL defensive backs. With enough fireworks from Mahomes and Worthy, this assessment could easily prove flawed, though.“

I think this is a bit harsh. The pick is a B- or a B for me. It would be much higher if our recent history with receivers wasn’t … one success story and then bad.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd give it a B/B- had they just gotten him at 32 without giving up a 3rd.
I'll nudge it up to a C+ because Mahomes likes him.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Meh - I could care less about the draft grades - this time next year we'll know if he has a shot to pan out or not. If he's more Mecole or Rashee or something else. It's a crapshoot when you're not near the top of the draft.

Remember last year people were pretty lukewarm to the Rashee pick in the second round until he showed up and showed out as our best receiver the second half of the season.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/4/2 ... -rice-pick
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am “28. Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo Bills): Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas - Grade: C

Oh, no, an opponent is going to have to commit a defender to taking away the top. If only we had Rice and Kelce and Pacheco to tear them apart underneath.