Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:43 am NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Chiefs HC Andy Reid is expected to begin negotiations on a new contract in the coming weeks.

Not that this should change all that much - he could still retire at anytime - but at least you'd think with an extension, it won't be in the next i'd say two seasons.
He seems to be having fun still. After decades in the business, finally getting the stars aligned to where you have an elite QB and an organization that is getting you what you need year after year has got to be addicting. I don't see him retiring any time soon. If I was him and was riding this wave, I'd want to stay on it as long as possible.

I hope we get him and Kelce together for three more years at least as Kelce stated that he is retiring when Reid retires. Who knows if he was serious about that, though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think you need to do it this draft ( if someone you really like falls to you, sure ) -- but next draft I think you very much look to Kelce's replacement.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:58 am I don't think you need to do it this draft ( if someone you really like falls to you, sure ) -- but next draft I think you very much look to Kelce's replacement.
Depends on value. I would have no issue moving up for Bowers this year if he slips into the 20s.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I sign Fairchild as a UDFA. He goes wild during camp. Catches fire. Becomes heir apparent.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:21 am
pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:58 am I don't think you need to do it this draft ( if someone you really like falls to you, sure ) -- but next draft I think you very much look to Kelce's replacement.
Depends on value. I would have no issue moving up for Bowers this year if he slips into the 20s.
I think we'll need to start leaking rumors about a health issue or pending arrest to get him to fall that far. He's 8th on Mel Kiper's player ranking. Would love to see him or that WR Rome Odunze from Washington but I don't think either will be around for KC.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:21 am
I think we'll need to start leaking rumors about a health issue or pending arrest to get him to fall that far.
I agree - but I think the mocks this time last year considered Mayer to be on about the same level, and he plummeted.

(I thought last year was too soon to pop Mayer (or LaPorta or Kincaid), because of the proximity of their 5th-year option decisions to what should still be within the third quartile of Kelce's career. But now, a year later (and with the Chiefs having mastered 12 personnel anyway), I would be ok with it.)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rome Odunze would be a fucking dream for Mahomes.
I don't see him dropping below 20.

There are a number of WR's after Odunze that are hovering in our range, all pretty intriguing.

Would the Chiefs completely shift gears if Amarius Mims fell to them at LT/RT?
What about Kool-Aid McKinstry ( hilarious name )?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:51 pm Rome Odunze would be a fucking dream for Mahomes.
I don't see him dropping below 20.

There are a number of WR's after Odunze that are hovering in our range, all pretty intriguing.

Would the Chiefs completely shift gears if Amarius Mims fell to them at LT/RT?
What about Kool-Aid McKinstry ( hilarious name )?
If you think you've got a tackle candidate that projects as being worth extending, absolutely you take him. Even if it means moving up.

I personally would not spend a 1st on a CB this year. Not with McDuffie this young still, and with your demonstrated ability to turn late-round picks into starters.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I might only if someone we really liked fell to us AND we had plans to tag and trade Sneed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

FA RBs:

Saquon, Derrick Henry, Jacobs, Pollard, Ekeler, Gus Edwards, Zeke, Deandre Swift, Donta Foreman, Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, CEH, Kareem Hunt, AJ Dillon, Zack Moss, Devin Singletary, Rashaad Penny.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Running backs have become so expendable. Which shows that running has been schemed into a corner.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tea leaves are showing more of a tag and trade than either a straight tag and keep 1 year or extension for Sneed.

What kind of value do you think he brings?
I really don't think you're getting any sort of 1st ( mentioned the Lions earlier ) - but could we get a 2nd and a 5th/6th?
i.e. i'd go for the Lions 2nd ( 61 ) and 5th ( 162 ).

I sure hope we don't trade him for just a 3rd.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:13 am Tea leaves are showing more of a tag and trade than either a straight tag and keep 1 year or extension for Sneed.

I really don't think you're getting any sort of 1st ( mentioned the Lions earlier ) - but could we get a 2nd and a 5th/6th?

Not sure how willing someone is going to be to trade an elite draft pick for the right to pay a cornerback 19+ million a year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:33 pm FA RBs:

Saquon, Derrick Henry, Jacobs, Pollard, Ekeler, Gus Edwards, Zeke, Deandre Swift, Donta Foreman, Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, CEH, Kareem Hunt, AJ Dillon, Zack Moss, Devin Singletary, Rashaad Penny.
Not on your list is Antonio Gibson from Washington who I think would be a great fit in KC. He's still only 26, would be inexpensive, is good at both running and receiving as well as being a capable blocker and spent a year with Bienemy last season so the scheme wouldn't be foreign to him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:20 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:13 am Tea leaves are showing more of a tag and trade than either a straight tag and keep 1 year or extension for Sneed.

Not sure how willing someone is going to be to trade an elite draft pick for the right to pay a cornerback 19+ million a year.
But if you're just getting a 3rd then it's really not any better than the comp pick you will get ( you'll likely get a 3rd ).

Maybe a high 3rd ( Arizona? ) and a 4th.
Not even sure on that - I'd set the price at a 2nd + a day 3 pick.
Or some beneficial pick swap.

Otherwise, might just as well keep the tag on him and let him play another season ( and kick your eventual comp pick down the road ).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sneed tagged

MVS be gone...released
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, thanks MVS for some key playoff games ( last year v Bengals, nice catch in the Super Bowl ).
But also you dropped the ball a lot and didn't play to your contract.
No brainer cut.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:04 am Yea, thanks MVS for some key playoff games ( last year v Bengals, nice catch in the Super Bowl ).
But also you dropped the ball a lot and didn't play to your contract.
No brainer cut.
The relationship worked out great for both parties. Won 2 SBs (good for us) and overpaid him (good for him).

Thank you MVS. Good luck wherever. But it was time.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

How 'bout Those Chiefs?

The 2024 NFLPA Team Report Cards once again have the Chiefs at the bottom of the list in most categories...

This is an EMBARRASSING look for the Chiefs...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hunt does seem pretty cheap at the margins