Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by Sparko »

Need to lock down Danna and then see how much is left.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:10 am Chiefs sign one time all pro Wentz as a backup.

I actually like him as our backup but hopefully he only plays in blowouts.
By far the best backup to Mahomes KC has had. That said, I hope he only plays one game a year and that is the last regular season game when KC is resting Mahomes because they already have the #1 seed locked up.
I would prefer the Chiefs got into the business of lending the Mahomes/Reid shine to backup developmental QBs and turning them into picks.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

We got plenty of money and these are the necessary cheap deals. We got a few more needs. We could get Danna, OT, WR, CB. Then we off to the draft. This draft is so set up for our needs. Lately I have been thinking we pick in the 1st round whoever falls to us. Best WR or OT and then we move up in the second to get the one we didn't get in first.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I’m looking forward to Chiefs new player, Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit. Could be RB-/WR- exciting.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Every NFL team was given an extra roster spot for and international player. I would not expect much out of Louis but it sure is worth a shot. Heard the Chiefs were talking to Dalton and we had Dobbins in for a visit. We signing players that fit so we can sign more.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Chiefs bring back CEH on a 1 year deal. Also had JK Dobbins in town for an interview.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

dolomite wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:50 pm I’m looking forward to Chiefs new player, Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit. Could be RB-/WR- exciting.
His game transfers well. He is an athlete first. Short yardage and making things happen with improv should be exciting. Gabbert's number too
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So now OT, WR and CB are targets for the first 2-3 rounds with probably OT/WR being higher priority.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:30 am So now OT, WR and CB are targets for the first 2-3 rounds with probably OT/WR being higher priority.
Yeah, there would have to be a massive freefall in order for me to support spending even a Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) pick on a CB. We very obviously have the ability to identify and develop talent there, in much later rounds. In my opinion, we do not have enough picks to justify spending more than one late-round pick at the position.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well if Cooper DeJean was there at 32 or if ( throw up ) MIZZOU's Ennis Rakestraw was there end of 2nd I think you run to the podium.

Also, we don't need at the position really, but if Austin Booker somehow fell in the 4th, i'd love the Chiefs to grab him to compete with FAU.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:35 am Well if Cooper DeJean was there at 32 or if ( throw up ) MIZZOU's Ennis Rakestraw was there end of 2nd I think you run to the podium.
Depends who else is there, then. I think, even in that case, I would prefer to move the pick. I have a LOT of confidence in the "room" already (god I hate that we say that now), and I think we should not be spending premium picks on positions of non-need.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Err.
Cooper DeJean in our defense would be Spags dream.
At 32 Spags would murder Veach if he didn't pull the trigger.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:39 am Err.
Cooper DeJean in our defense would be Spags dream.
At 32 Spags would murder Veach if he didn't pull the trigger.
To be fair, the same thing could easily have been said (and was in fact said) about Clyde at 32 (and Reid/Pat). And the issue here is, because of Mahomes' contract, much more acute now than it was then.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh.
Not me.
I wanted Swift or a cornerback/linebacker in that draft - specifically Trevon Diggs.

Clyde wasn't as a high a prospect like DeJean.

If WR's Thomas and Mitchell are off the bored and DeJean is there, you have to do it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:45 am Eh.
Not me.
I wanted Swift or a cornerback/linebacker in that draft - specifically Trevon Diggs.
Ok. I didn't say you favored Clyde. Just that the case that was made FOR that luxury pick sounds a lot like your case for what I'd consider to be a luxury pick on a corner.

All I'm saying is that I don't think the Chiefs are in a position to use 32 on a corner.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not certain why it'd be a luxury pick.
I get we've done well with late round corners.
But we've also found an All Pro corner and that took our 1st round ( 21st ) pick.

We have Rice ( maybe sans a couple games ). We went out and got Hollywood. So we have 2 starting WRs right there. We don't have a locked in no. 2 starting CB. So to me CB isn't any more luxury than WR.

I'm with you that we don't go in with corner on our mind but absolutely get DeJean if he's at 32.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:50 am Not certain why it'd be a luxury pick.
I get we've done well with late round corners.
But we've also found an All Pro corner and that took our 1st round ( 21st ) pick.

We have Rice ( maybe sans a couple games ). We went out and got Hollywood. So we have 2 starting WRs right there. We don't have a locked in no. 2 starting CB. So to me CB isn't any more luxury than WR.

I'm with you that we don't go in with corner on our mind but absolutely get DeJean if he's at 32.
The staff was saying that Nazeeh Johnson was in line to be the #3 corner last year. ACLs are not a big deal at this point.

I think we'd have a top-5 CB group with McDuffie, Nazeeh Johnson, Jaylen Watson, Joshua Williams and a mid- or late-round pick (to say nothing of other returners like Boye-Doe).

Would I be sad about adding a DeJean or McKinstry? No, not sad. It would be a modest error, not a grievous one.

But, in my opinion, it would still be an error.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm too wary about Kool-Aid's unresolved foot deal to take him that high.
I get that Cooper also went out with an injury but that was a leg fracture which is in a different world than Kool Aid's type of foot fracture.

Cooper would be to our secondary as Bolton is to our linebacking core.
We could also use him for kick returns.

I like those corners but I think DeJean is going to be a stud and that's why i'd draft him if he was at 32.

Dream draft for me would mean Brian Thomas Jr falling to 32.
But maybe second to that would be somehow ( emphasis on dream ) DeJean at 32 and Xavier Lagette at 64.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Rash is in some legal trouble but I don't foresee him getting anything more than having to pay a bunch of money and maybe having to do some community service - assume he does right by everyone.
Will be interesting to see how the Chiefs and the NFL handle it.
I have no idea what type of behavioral clauses may be in his contract.
Why do I have a sinking feeling he will score a TD in week 1 and then do some ridiculous TD celebration like simulating crashing a car? Then getting fined a shitload and suspended by the NFL :lol:
Actually, I guess it wouldn't really be too funny.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

These processes take forever. Even if he pleads this down to something like a low-grade felony reckless driving charge, I would not be surprised at all if whatever football consequences there are (if any) are not imposed until the 2025 season.