Official 99 is slackin to send tejas packin game thread

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Official 99 is slackin to send tejas packin game thread

Post by DeletedUser »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:05 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:51 pm In a game where the bench guys have found good ways to shine, Elmarko has still really struggled. Even the highlight pass was a low percentage ill-advised pass. He's got a long ways to go, but I think he can get there.
Actually I'm beginning to like Jamari's upside better than Elmarko's.
Neither shoot well enough to not get recruited over imo....but that can improve.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

99 was working all day. Giant project getting ready to launch. Furnished up and watched the dvr.

Impressive. Send those loosers packing.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ous was driving from CO to MT all day with an old buddy/Tejas alum. Listened to the game on the radio but service cut out over teton pass. Good to hear an ass pounding. The buddy was/is a good sport too. Mostly indifferent about hoops, wouldn’t shut up about football and how much misses Vince Young. Fucking Texans yall. Now drinking a Cold Smoke and catching up on video replays
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:51 pm In a game where the bench guys have found good ways to shine, Elmarko has still really struggled. Even the highlight pass was a low percentage ill-advised pass. He's got a long ways to go, but I think he can get there.
Na. I like them both a lot tho. I think jamari will be a really good role player for us and a fan favorite. But elmarko has more upside
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 pm
Na. I like them both a lot tho. I think jamari will be a really good role player for us and a fan favorite. But elmarko has more upside
Not saying you're wrong or that i disagree, but why? Just because he was ranked higher in high school? Those rankings don't mean jack shit once you're actually in college.

If I didn't know their rankings and watched both of them play, I would say neither were top 50 HS players.

I watch Elmarko try to initiate offense and it takes him half the shot clock to make the first pass or he wildly jumps in the air with no idea where he's going....plenty of time to improve, but his court IQ seems lacking, like he still doesn't quite know the plays....which I know is tougher because he needs to know both PG and SG positions, but he's lost out there. Thankfully he has 1 more year under DH to learn, but I think some of these incoming freshman are going to challenge him for his minutes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i saw Elmarko do something last night that i hadn’t seen yet from him…he actually dove on the floor for a loose ball
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Great game, it was hotter than hell in the Phog yesterday. Might have lost a few pounds sweating it out. So maddening to see the starters play all the way down the stretch with a twenty point lead. Clear the bench, WTF!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/pa ... len-wilson

Apologize if this was already shared. Pretty cool for Jalen Wilson and his Mom to do this for this young man.

"Former Kansas men's basketball forward Jalen Wilson's mom invited a 10-year-old Chiefs rally shooting victim and his family to Allen Fieldhouse for the conference game against Texas Saturday.
Samuel was sporting a Jalen Wilson T-shirt in his first interview with KSHB 41 News, which prompted Lisa Wilson, the mother of Jalen Wilson, to reach out to the Arellano family. Once in touch with the family, Lisa Wilson invited them to Allen Fieldhouse to see the Jayhawks take on the Longhorns; Samuel got to see Kansas defeat Texas 86-67 for his first KU basketball game."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I was thinking the opposite about clearing the bench. im glad we didn’t clear the bench. kick them phucquers right out the door. No let up.

horns down.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:03 am

Not saying you're wrong or that i disagree, but why? Just because he was ranked higher in high school? Those rankings don't mean jack shit once you're actually in college.

If I didn't know their rankings and watched both of them play, I would say neither were top 50 HS players.

I watch Elmarko try to initiate offense and it takes him half the shot clock to make the first pass or he wildly jumps in the air with no idea where he's going....plenty of time to improve, but his court IQ seems lacking, like he still doesn't quite know the plays....which I know is tougher because he needs to know both PG and SG positions, but he's lost out there. Thankfully he has 1 more year under DH to learn, but I think some of these incoming freshman are going to challenge him for his minutes.
Nothing to do with rankings. I was maybe the only person on this board before the season that thought elmarko was too raw to make a big impact this season, and thought that there was a path for jamari to get minutes and be in the rotation
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

To me I still like elmarkos upside more than jamaris because elmarko is just more athletic and a better ball handler.

Jamari might be better right now because he plays smart simple efficient basketball and knows his role.

Elmarko reminds me of a young tyshawn where that quickness/athleticism gets him into trouble because he moves faster than he thinks on the court

Both have a chance to be really good college players here, but elmarko feels like he has star potential if he's patient and develops, where jamaris ceiling feels like a Travis releford/glue guy type
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if I had to predict, im gonna say neither will be on our roster next season.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:03 am

Nothing to do with rankings. I was maybe the only person on this board before the season that thought elmarko was too raw to make a big impact this season, and thought that there was a path for jamari to get minutes and be in the rotation
nostradumbass

i’ve never seen someone so eager to pat themselves on the back
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when randy said yesufu would be the next Kyle Lowry?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:21 pm if I had to predict, im gonna say neither will be on our roster next season.
The scary reality of the transfer market/NIL era. Both would develop nicely here, hopefully they stick around

At least mccullar and Timberlake will be gone, some some opportunity will open up
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Jayhawkerr wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:46 am... So maddening to see the starters play all the way down the stretch with a twenty point lead. Clear the bench, WTF!
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:34 pm
Jayhawkerr wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:46 am... So maddening to see the starters play all the way down the stretch with a twenty point lead. Clear the bench, WTF!
^^^
I was not mad as I had monetary interest in a certain Aussie.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve gotta agree with mich here (just threw up a little)

it’s tejas, so zero fucks given
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:10 pm i’ve gotta agree with mich here (just threw up a little)

it’s tejas, so zero fucks given
smh:

“Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most.”

Abraham Lincoln
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:26 pm 99 was working all day. Giant project getting ready to launch. Furnished up and watched the dvr.

Impressive. Send those loosers packing.
I believe you...
Anand Giridharadas