2024/2025 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024/2025 Lineup

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 pm What I am saying is that you are setting yourself up to have to walk this back. I like Clemence and think he can be a good player, much more offense than defense. I think you are deluding yourself if you think he is anything more than Diet Hunter.
A walk back like what you had to do with Jackson. Got it
Whatever helps you sleep at night. You're the one coming around to tell us that Clemence is something better than Diet Hunter. I think you're wrong. I think they play extremely similar games, only Clemence is not as good.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:02 pm Clemence is slow and awful on defense too. I know it's been a year since we've seen it, but there is a reason he was behind Udeh and Zuby.
Far quicker than hunter. Zachs problem is he's kind of a tweener between a forward and a big. KJ is also a tweener between being a forward and a big. But they have very opposite skills, and could compliment eachother.

Hunter was thought to compliment KJ is a similar fashion. But he is just too God damn slow to have a functional defense. Zach isn't going to win any defensive accolades. But he can move a lot better than hunter (not saying much) and maybe we wouldn't have such a weak link in the defense

But the whole argument likely matters little, i think hunter will be here. So clemence will be battling for back up minutes, and might not get them being kind of a tweener forward/big who might struggle to knock down shots in spot minutes
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:38 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:02 pm Clemence is slow and awful on defense too. I know it's been a year since we've seen it, but there is a reason he was behind Udeh and Zuby.
Far quicker than hunter. Zachs problem is he's kind of a tweener between a forward and a big. KJ is also a tweener between being a forward and a big. But they have very opposite skills, and could compliment eachother.

Hunter was thought to compliment KJ is a similar fashion. But he is just too God damn slow to have a functional defense. Zach isn't going to win any defensive accolades. But he can move a lot better than hunter (not saying much) and maybe we wouldn't have such a weak link in the defense

But the whole argument likely matters little, i think hunter will be here. So clemence will be battling for back up minutes, and might not get them being kind of a tweener forward/big who might struggle to knock down shots in spot minutes
We must wear very different glasses. I have never once seen, in Clemence, a "tweener forward/big." And 6.8 fouls/40 doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his quick feet.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:36 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 pm What I am saying is that you are setting yourself up to have to walk this back. I like Clemence and think he can be a good player, much more offense than defense. I think you are deluding yourself if you think he is anything more than Diet Hunter.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. You're the one coming around to tell us that Clemence is something better than Diet Hunter. I think you're wrong. I think they play extremely similar games, only Clemence is not as good.
My point was maybe he might fit better with the other players. Last years pieces clearly didn't fit too well, so I'm not exactly going out on a limb. I never even made any predictions about role or production. So what exactly am I gonna have to "walk back"?

All I said is, if we don't have hunter, which I don't give a single fuck if he comes back, we might already have an intriguing frontcourt in place with KJ, bidunga, and zach
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How's he not a tweener? He's not a true center, but hes not really a true wing either. He's an old school 4 that would've been a perfect royboy 20/30 years ago
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:38 pm

I disagree. Clemence may have the quickness advantage, but he's not a shot blocking threat and he's not as good of a rebounder and he's not good at post defense....therefore he's not a great match for Kj who is also not a shot blocker or good rebounder.

I don't think Clemence and Kj pair together very well. Mainly because I do not think Clemence is capable of playing the 5. I thought the entire condition of him returning and redshirting was because he needed to develop into a 4.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:36 pm

My point was maybe he might fit better with the other players. Last years pieces clearly didn't fit too well, so I'm not exactly going out on a limb. I never even made any predictions about role or production. So what exactly am I gonna have to "walk back"?

All I said is, if we don't have hunter, which I don't give a single fuck if he comes back, we might already have an intriguing frontcourt in place with KJ, bidunga, and zach
Ok, but if you take away one piece from a puzzle, and replace it with a piece that is generally the same shape only it's been left in the sun a little bit too long, all you have is the same puzzle except one of the pieces is similarly-shaped but worse than the one you took away.

Clemence can be a good player. But I cannot see an argument for a guy who is pretty much Hunter-but-smaller somehow being any different of a fit.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I do agree zach needs to develop into a 4. KJ basically has the skillset of a 5 and the body of a 3.

Calling hunter a shot blocker is wild tho. He does good if someone is trying to back him down, but he almost never rotates over to provide weakside shot blocking, which I think is the top priority for a center
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But let's face it. Unless something changes, Our frontcourt could be another misfit set of players

Hunter: really really good big, but slow as fuck can't play defense
KJ: incredible athlete, can't shoot, undersized
Zach: not really a center or a wing, just a tall guy who can shoot
Bidunga: athletic specimen, raw and inexperienced

Good luck to Bill figuring out how to maximize them

Reminds me of a year we had perry, jamari, Landen, Mickelson, and diallo. All of them brought something different to the table, but there was no complete player
Last edited by randylahey on Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:52 pm I do agree zach needs to develop into a 4. KJ basically has the skillset of a 5 and the body of a 3.

Calling hunter a shot blocker is wild tho. He does good if someone is trying to back him down, but he almost never rotates over to provide weakside shot blocking, which I think is the top priority for a center
Who is calling Hunter a shot blocker?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:24 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 pm I like Clemens, especially his short stories. That one about the frog in Calaveras County is my fav.
Helluva splitter, too.
Roger that.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I am cautiously optimistic that we made it this far into the week without any movement from Elmarko or Jamari. It'd be nice to keep them both.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

To me, Zach is a backup for KJ. Who backed up KJ this year? No one really.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm To me, Zach is a backup for KJ. Who backed up KJ this year? No one really.
In the summer games and the exhibition games he was exclusively used that way. He was never out there without either Dickinson or Braun.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm To me, Zach is a backup for KJ. Who backed up KJ this year? No one really.
Yes, this is most likely. He gives an intriguing situational option if we need shooting at that position
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

mjl2 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:04 pm
In the summer games and the exhibition games he was exclusively used that way. He was never out there without either Dickinson or Braun.
Interesting.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:08 pm
Yes, this is most likely. He gives an intriguing situational option if we need shooting at that position
The shot is pretty, but it’s gone in 25% of the time. That won’t do, so hopefully it’s something that will improve with a more consistent role.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

8mpg backup 4 sounds good to me.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

all the money we have poured into zc. he better be good for more than 8 minutes.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So if we didn’t get another splash yesterday, it seems all more likely we’ll get (at least) one today/tomorrow.

Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?