2024/2025 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

2024/2025 Lineup

Post by DeletedUser »

Way too early....but better than sitting around talking about what we don't have this season....

So best case we return 4 starters:

HD
Kj
Furphy
DH

Elmarko, McDowell, and Clemence as the known commodities.

Then so far add:

Flory Bidunga. 6'8 Center. Maybe he can also play PF w/ limited shooting ability? 🫣....anyway, ranked #10.

Labaron Philon. 6'4 PG. Ranked #30.

Rakease Passmore. 6'5 SG. Ranked #48.

(If we lose HD and Furphy....yikes)
DeletedUser

Re: 2024/2025 Lineup

Post by DeletedUser »

HD heard the chants of "1 more year" last night.

"For a moment following his senior night Tuesday, Kansas center Hunter Dickinson looked ready to deliver some big news.

“I already have a decision to make,” he told reporters postgame, as he paused for dramatic effect and looked earnestly at teammates Kevin McCullar Jr. and Nick Timberlake.

Then he turned back to the gathered media with a grin and said “Nah, I’m just playing with y’all.”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’s so hilarious.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

DH
Elmarko
Kj
Bidunga
HD

Worst shooting lineup in KU history.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feels awful weird to have this thread before the 2024 season is even over
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Multi-tasking is an adult thing
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm with ous. Feels pointless to have this conversation now. I'm certain we will have dajuan and kj. That's it. Clemence seems like a safe bet too

But will furphy return to college? What will hunter do? Elmarko and McDowell should be back, but it's the transfer era. We got 3 good freshman in philon, Passmore, and bidunga coming, will they all make it? We had 2 freshman change their minds last season right before the start
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And the obvious x factor here is what transfers will we go after? Cause that could shake up the whole rotation. If we did this last season, we would have all been projecting udeh to start and zuby to back him up, and we know how that turned out
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm And the obvious x factor here is what transfers will we go after? Cause that could shake up the whole rotation. If we did this last season, we would have all been projecting udeh to start and zuby to back him up, and we know how that turned out
Feels like a different situation this year. I think a lot of the people who left last year maybe weren't given a choice to return.

I think everyone on the team this year will be happily welcome back next year. And with what we likely lose, everyone should be happy with the opportunity they have for minutes.

I do think we lose Furphy now, which is shocking to me because I think he's vastly overrated due to playing with an elite passing PG, 2 AA scorers, and in a Self offense that excels at ball movement. His shots are created for him almost exclusively other than transition baskets. I think he's good. High upside. Years away. High bust potential. But someone is going to snatch him in the 1st round it appears.

Hunter is the big unknown.

I think we definitely have DH Kj Elmarko and Jamari as key pieces to our rotation.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If everyone that could be here sticks around:

Dajuan
Elmarko
Furph
Kj
Hunter

Labaron philon
Jamari McDowell
Rakease passmore
Zach clemence
Flory bidunga

Chances of it being that simple? Almost zero
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

seems like he’s projected as high as 13, but with some saying he may slip to the second round

i bet he hangs around, barring some season-ending run where he shows out
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:19 pm seems like he’s projected as high as 13, but with some saying he may slip to the second round

That's sort of what I thought about Braun too. But it appears he made a good decision and got himself into a good situation.

The draft evaluations will be big for Furphy since he has only been over here for 9 months or whatever it is and was relatively unknown before that, so they haven't been watching him for years and years like some of the other prospects.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:23 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:19 pm seems like he’s projected as high as 13, but with some saying he may slip to the second round

That's sort of what I thought about Braun too. But it appears he made a good decision and got himself into a good situation.

The draft evaluations will be big for Furphy since he has only been over here for 9 months or whatever it is and was relatively unknown before that, so they haven't been watching him for years and years like some of the other prospects.
sure, but Braun had that run and showed out

if we have a first weekend exit in the tourney where Furphy is near non-existent, don’t you think that would hurt perceptions?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:30 pm

sure, but Braun had that run and showed out

if we have a first weekend exit in the tourney where Furphy is near non-existent, don’t you think that would hurt perceptions?
Maybe?

I think it hurts KM more since he's more of a do everything kind of guy. He is marketing himself to the NBA as a glue guy that can help a good team win.

Furphy is young, and the NBA loves young. He's going to be fairly appealing whether we win or lose I think. He also didn't think he'd be in this position 12 months ago. He was being recruited by Sacramento State or some shit. I think it's going to be hard for him to say no to the NBA and pass up the money (if he's 1st round or close to it).

Hope I am wrong. I'd like a few more years of him.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I mean...Christian was a junior.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Christian was jacked/more athletic.
And a better shooter.
And just better.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:44 am And just better.
Agree 100%.

Will Furphy have patience or will he want to strike while the iron is hot?

Both went from not on the NBA radar to projected first round in 1 season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The iron could be much hotter.
He gets roasted on defense ( not that the nba plays defense in the regular season ) every three or four possessions.
He can’t create a shot.
He hasn’t been “the man” in any game.

I know it’s all potential and youth but this is very much a case where you loose millions by leaving early.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 am The iron could be much hotter.
I agree.

But most of these kids don't grow up dreaming of playing in college, they dream of the NBA.

Even Gradey who did dream of playing at Kansas bounced when I thought his iron could get hotter too. Different situation obviously as he was a lotto lock.

And again, I think he was equipped than Furphy. Feels like it could backfire on Furphy. I don't think he can hurt his stock by coming back.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »