Yemen

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Yemen

Post by DCHawk1 »

The Yemeni Houthis are fucking with Red Sea shipping as a response to Israeli aggression against and denial of humanitarian aid in Gaza, using weapons provided by and support from - you guessed it - the good ol' US of A.

You gotta try hard to be that dum.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I wrote this in 2010 right after I got back from Israel. Again, 2010.
How times have NOT changed.......

11/23/10
Our Breakfast For The Brain speaker was a woman named Miri Eisen. Eisen was one of the highest if not the highest ranking female in the Israeli military. She was a Colonel that retired from service in 2004.
During her tenure she was the Deputy Head of Combat Intelligence. She became the IDF Spokesperson for Operation Desert Shield. She was also the Prime Minister's foreign media advisor.
Eisen commented about how Israel is usually on the defensive in terms of foreign media coverage.
She stated that Israel is presented though the media as THEE conflict.
Eisen spoke to us about the "Flotilla" incident. The boat that was taken over was the 6th ship in the "Flotilla" and 9 Turks were killed during the takeover.
Eisen said there were 3 very different versions of what happened. There was the Israeli version, the European version, and the Arab version.
Simply put, the Israeli version was that it was a military operation that went wrong. No doubt Israel takes blame for the deaths but it was carrying out it's policy of protecting against the import of banned goods flowing in to Gaza.
The European version was that the Flotilla was a media event gone wrong. They were nothing but peace activists looking for recognition and bringing humanitarian relief. They blame Israel for using it's military to implement its policy and using force against the Flotilla.
The Arab version was that Israel used this as a method to conquer. They believe Israel wants to completely take over the Gaza Strip. They believe Israel has no regard for human life other than Jewish life.

Eisen told us that the Gaza Strip has 1.5 million Palestinian Arabs. In 2006 Hamas Islamic Fundamentalists took control of the government and in 2007 Hamas took over total control of the Gaza Strip.
There were 22 Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip that are all gone since 2005. It only took 3 weeks to move 11,000 people. Yes, the people were forcibly removed from their homes. Not necessarily by violence per se but they were not given a choice. The closure of the Gaza Strip is due to Hamas takeover and the protection of Israel.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

thanks for sharing gutter, interesting perspective. And, though this is the Yemen thread, I can still consider its relevance here.

It sucks that these folks have been fighting as long and as much as they have. I keep coming back to the More Evidence that Religious Threads Make You Dum thread.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:46 am The Yemeni Houthis are fucking with Red Sea shipping as a response to Israeli aggression against and denial of humanitarian aid in Gaza, using weapons provided by and support from - you guessed it - the good ol' US of A.

You gotta try hard to be that dum.
see, it'd be one thing if we simply disagreed, or if someone made some valid attempt to prove me wrong. For real, please do prove me wrong!

it's the shameless condescension that makes me feel compelled to persist - especially when the ones being condescending are also just sorta shrugging off information relevant to the discussion.

So, if it's me trying hard to be this dum, then would it be easy for you to be like way more intelligenter, then?

Please articulate why considering that the Houthis have explicitly stated they're fucking with shipping as a response to Israeli (and US by proxy) aggression in Gaza is "dum", but positing this thread is as simple as hating "Jooze" is supposed to be some sort of much better take. And yes, I'm aware that the Houthis indeed hate the "Jooze," but I still think there's more context to this situation than simply that.

if you're unwilling or unable to articulate that much, just realize it makes it a lot more difficult to take you seriously, and just makes your condescension seem petty.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Houthis, Q, are an Iranian front organization armed with dangerous tech, including ASMs and SAMs. They were armed and ready when Iran and presumably Russia gave the go-ahead 7 October to unleash the Bibi with crazy evil terror attacks.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:31 pm I realize antisemitism is a very real problem in the world, and that steps should be taken against it.

With that said, I can’t help but think something as complex as conflict in the Middle East has any “easy answer” to it.

With that said, I also am indeed concerned that there’s more to this thread than, “they hates them some Jooze.”

But again not to downplay antisemitism.

And while I’m not simply trying to “say it’s America’s fault,” I also think it’s wise to consider America’s role and presence in the Middle East in some pragmatic way, as least if we’re really gonna understand threads like this as well as we can.
Bingo! What do I win?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:00 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:31 pm I realize antisemitism is a very real problem in the world, and that steps should be taken against it.

With that said, I can’t help but think something as complex as conflict in the Middle East has any “easy answer” to it.

With that said, I also am indeed concerned that there’s more to this thread than, “they hates them some Jooze.”

And while I’m not simply trying to “say it’s America’s fault,” I also think it’s wise to consider America’s role and presence in the Middle East in some pragmatic way, as least if we’re really gonna understand threads like this as well as we can.
Bingo! What do I win?
another worthless thread where Q proves to everyone he's a dipshit?

congratulations!
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nah, it’s everyone else in the room
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:43 pm

Bingo! What do I win?

congratulations!
just realize it makes it a lot more difficult to take you seriously, and just makes your condescension seem petty.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:43 pm

Bingo! What do I win?

congratulations!
just realize it makes it a lot more difficult to take you seriously, and just makes your condescension seem petty.

you call everyone condescending if they don't agree with you or are tires of your bullshit.

do you actually think I give a fuck if you take me seriously?

when people give you serious responses you pretend you know better and ignore the points, so why waste the effort.

Your a low effort troll and I dont give 2 shits if you take me seriously or not, you're not worth the effort spent on you by people here.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, I only call posters condescending when their responses are things like, you’re “a dipshit”, or you’re “dum.”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

then stop being a fucking dipshit
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

akshaully....im the smartest person in the room with the strongest and tallest moral horse.

stfu
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

welp, that does it.

time to finally put TDub on ignore.

I should have a long time ago, considering Tdub's biggest move here is to illy even harder than illy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

fuck off you dumbass
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm nah, it’s everyone else in the room
Has to be.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm nah, it’s everyone else in the room
I've bit my tongue for so many of your responses just cuz I still like you despite our pols bored disagreements, but...

if I really am the only one in the room who has concerns about being complicit in a genocide, then yea, maybe it IS everyone else in the room.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so dumb
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:51 pm
I've bit my tongue for so many of your responses just cuz I still like you despite our pols bored disagreements, but...

if I really am the only one in the room who has concerns about being complicit in a genocide, then yea, maybe it IS everyone else in the room.
How'd you get way up there on that horse?

:lol:
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »