Yemen

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Yemen

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:23 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:46 am The Yemeni Houthis are fucking with Red Sea shipping as a response to Israeli aggression against and denial of humanitarian aid in Gaza, using weapons provided by and support from - you guessed it - the good ol' US of A.

You gotta try hard to be that dum.
see, it'd be one thing if we simply disagreed, or if someone made some valid attempt to prove me wrong. For real, please do prove me wrong!

it's the shameless condescension that makes me feel compelled to persist - especially when the ones being condescending are also just sorta shrugging off information relevant to the discussion.

So, if it's me trying hard to be this dum, then would it be easy for you to be like way more intelligenter, then?

Please articulate why considering that the Houthis have explicitly stated they're fucking with shipping as a response to Israeli (and US by proxy) aggression in Gaza is "dum", but positing this thread is as simple as hating "Jooze" is supposed to be some sort of much better take. And yes, I'm aware that the Houthis indeed hate the "Jooze," but I still think there's more context to this situation than simply that.

if you're unwilling or unable to articulate that much, just realize it makes it a lot more difficult to take you seriously, and just makes your condescension seem petty.
Israeli aggression against...Gaza

Yes, you have to try very hard to think that the damn Jooze aggressively got themselves raped and murdered by the hundreds.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That shit is awful, I don't mean to blame the "Jooze" for that happening, as you try to suggest.

Now, do you think Israel's aggression against...Gaza, and response overall to the 10/7 attacks has been appropriate?

Please do help me understand how one can be concerned about the "Jooze" being murdered by the hundreds, yet shrug off the Palestinians being murdered by the tens of thousands.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Who has shrugged off the Palestinian deaths?

I must have missed those posts.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm i already regret wasting my time

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... s-genocide
welp, guess we still gotta try to discuss this.

I guess this is where you got the move to put "genocide" in quotation marks?

among my concerns here is, the ADL is a pro-Israeli group defending allegations against Israel. Just not sure they'll be the most objective here. They simply deny it's happening, then provide evidence no further than listing the UN definition for genocide. Maybe like, the UN court should be the one to try these allegations, which they are. (along with allegations against countries like Russia and Ukraine, despite the ADL's claim Israel is "often the only country in the world accused" of genocide.)

There may also be an irony to the ADL citing the UN too, cuz if I recall, certain posters here have already denounced the UN as antisemitic.

This paragraph, in particular, is a whopper:

While one may oppose and even condemn particular Israeli policies or actions with regard to Palestinians or Israel’s Arab citizens, the fact remains that in no way has Israel engaged in any action with the intent to exterminate, in whole or in part, the Palestinian people.

Are they really suggesting Israeli forces haven't exterminated even part of the Palestinian people? Like not a single one?

Now, I was gonna break down the definition by each letter as it may apply ty to "Israeli policies or actions," but if we can't get past that previous question, then there's no point.

Speaking of, for those who may not have heard about it yet, go look up "Flour Massacre," which happened just this week.
Last edited by ousdahl on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

grunt, grunt
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:28 pm
Now, do you think Israel's aggression against...Gaza, and response overall to the 10/7 attacks has been appropriate?
Absofuckinglutely.

By all standards of morality and conduct of war, the responsibility for the deaths of the Palestinian innocents falls squarely on the shoulders of Hamas and its financial backers. They're STILL holding hostages for fuck sake. It is terrible that Palestinian civilians are dying, but if Hamas would free the hostages and agree to turn over the war criminals who initiated this conflict, it could all end tomorrow.

Your failure to understand any of that is indicative of a moral deficiency and/or a prejudicial intellectual block.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait, it could all end tomorrow?

So would Israel too also release all its thousands of Palestinian hostages...er, prisoners, many of whom are children, and many of whom are being held indefinitely without charges or due process?

Would that also mean Israel back off of its decades-long brutal aggression against Palestinians, not to mention anyone else who objects to "Israeli policies and actions," up to and including even other anti-Zionist "Jooze?"

Specifically regarding Gaza, we're talking 2.3 million people enclosed in some dense fenced-in area described as an "open air prison" in the first place, and you're acting like the problem was Gazans just not being cool with that. Spare me the moral deficiency, please.

Heck, would that mean Israel stop their forced displacement of Palestinians in the West Bank, where Hamas does not govern?

DC, your views on Israel/Palestine are so one-sided and selective and and good guy bad guy and comic-book-ish, that it makes Japhy's views on Russia/Ukraine seem comparatively objective.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

here's a big, big one. A huge one.

If Hamas gave back all the hostages tomorrow...and heck, if Hamas was completely dissolved, and all its leaders were killed or otherwise brought to justice...

...would Israel give back all of Gaza to the Gazans too?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:28 pm That shit is awful, I don't mean to blame the "Jooze" for that happening, as you try to suggest.

Please do help me understand how one can be concerned about the "Jooze" being murdered by the hundreds, yet shrug off the Palestinians being murdered by the tens of thousands.
Many people believe God created man and animals.
If God created man and animals, I feel he/she/it made a big mistake in that way too often survival means man and animals must kill or be killed.
Harsh perhaps soulless attitude that I have is - I have no problem with Israelis killing those who want to kill them. So do I feel the response is "appropriate" in that regard? Sure.
Is the response "appropriate" in that a shit load of innocent people in Gaza are being killed and so much "infrastructure in Gaza is being destroyed? Morally? Probably not.
War sucks.
Moral of the story in this war is - Israel HAS to have a we will win attitude and let it be known that if you fuck with Israel you will suffer the consequences. I had an ex who would say way too often - "TEN FOLD". Meaning you fuck with her, she'll get you back TEN FOLD. That's what Israel is doing.

Meanwhile, as barbaric as Israel comes off as being, so many people neglect that during "peace" Israel supplies electricity, fuel, water, food, etc,, to Gaza.
You know, the "country" who's "leadership" wants to see the destruction of Israel.
What does Hamas provide Israel with?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

terror
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:17 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:28 pm That shit is awful, I don't mean to blame the "Jooze" for that happening, as you try to suggest.

Many people believe God created man and animals.
If God created man and animals, I feel he/she/it made a big mistake in that way too often survival means man and animals must kill or be killed.
what's that saying like, "do you think God intentionally doesn't reveal himself to man any more cuz he's just so freaked out by what he created?"
I had an ex who would say way too often - "TEN FOLD". Meaning you fuck with her, she'll get you back TEN FOLD. That's what Israel is doing.
break up with her.

Meanwhile, as barbaric as Israel comes off as being, so many people neglect that during "peace" Israel supplies electricity, fuel, water, food, etc,, to Gaza.
You know, the "country" who's "leadership" wants to see the destruction of Israel.
What does Hamas provide Israel with?
and yet, for years before 10/7, the Qusdahls were fussing about how Israel was doing shit like filling wells with cement so Palestinians would be denied access to water. Heck, the very fact Israel controls things like electricity, fuel, water, food, etc. to Gaza is a slap in the face of self-determination. How do we even say Hamas "governs" Gaza if it's Israel's the ones controlling such critical resources? Just for a second imagine if like, Russia tried to do that to Ukraine.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I feel enlightened.

Thanks for showing us the way Q. Your in depth knowledge on this complex topic is appreciated.

Now you can move onto the next messageboard to show them the light. Your work here is done.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:10 pm
DC, your views on Israel/Palestine are so one-sided and selective and and good guy bad guy and comic-book-ish, that it makes Japhy's views on Russia/Ukraine seem comparatively objective.
It's not about Israel and Palestine. It's about right and wrong, good and evil, moral and immoral.

It's terribly unfortunate that the leaders of the Palestinians (in Gaza AND the West Bank) have chosen the latter in every couplet.

That's not on me, though. It's on them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ah.

So you double down on reducing a complex issue to as simple as “good and evil.”

Btw, you ignored every other point I tried to discuss with you, and your silence speaks volumes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC.

Single guy. Saturday night. This is your choice of entertainment?

Sad.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:44 pm JFC.

Single guy. Saturday night. This is your choice of entertainment?

Sad.
hey man, it's all, like, for the betterment of mankind, man. (plus his horse is so damn tall he can't figure out how to get down to go to anywhere else)

Agent of Change!
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 pm Ah.

So you double down on reducing a complex issue to as simple as “good and evil.”

Btw, you ignored every other point I tried to discuss with you, and your silence speaks volumes.
Sorry. I didn't know you were blind.

My apologies.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some pretty good people are going to drop food into Gaza. In our name. To help. Risking their own lives.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I love helping. it’s my favorite.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

:!:
ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:32 am
zsn wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:47 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:31 pm And while I’m not simply trying to “say it’s America’s fault,” I also think it’s wise to consider America’s role and presence in the Middle East in some pragmatic way, as least if we’re really gonna understand threads like this as well as we can.
Unfortunately our “role and presence” in the Middle East is tied to our (lack of) long term energy policies. Do we care if some faction in Queensland jumps ugly with another faction in New South Wales, aided by another faction in Victoria? For the most part, the answer would be no. We are dependent on Australia for next to nothing that meaningfully affects our economy.

Not so with the Middle East and other OPEC+ countries. Heck, at this point if a shooting war broke out among factions in West Virginia and Kentucky we could tell them to take their coal and shove it, and mean it. However, our government pulls a Sgt Schultz when bone saws are used on our soil.
thanks for the thoughtful response, zsn.

yea, energy resources and middle eastern conflicts are highly correlated. As far as I can tell, the Middle East at large seems pretty fed up with the west showing up to take middle eastern oil, and largely taking it by force. Heck, in the wake of the 10/7 attacks and all the gruesome headlines that have come from that, other headlines quietly came and went like, "US and Israel meet to discuss oil and gas opportunities off Gaza coast." Quite the coincidence, I guess.

to that, and to the OP's point, and to CoyDC's question, the answer is actually quite simple: The Yemeni Houthis are fucking with Red Sea shipping as a response to Israeli aggression against and denial of humanitarian aid in Gaza, using weapons provided by and support from - you guessed it - the good ol' US of A. They have been very up front in their intentions here. They also say they won't stop fucking with shipping until a ceasefire is reached.

I'd say this is another example of why, when it comes to understanding global issues, it can be good to seek perspectives broader than just western media, but even western media has reported the Houthi intentions as such.

now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a place to hide before the pols bored pitchfork mob comes after me again.
They won’t stop fucking with shipping until their country(Yemen) is completely bombed into oblivion OR Israel is wiped off the map. (too simplistic?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan