Official Scott Drew Still Sucks Thread

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Official Scott Drew Still Sucks Thread

Post by pdub »

I said it seems. It's intuition.

You can tell he loves Coach Self in those interviews.
How he reacts on the bench.
Dude has a humble demeanor, is well known to be an info sponge and open learner, and not unreasonable to think he'd want another year at this level before jumping to the pros.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dunno.
Self said Hunter is speaking on senior night.

"The only four that will speak will be Parker....and Hunter...Juan won't speak because he will be a returnee..."
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:32 pm I dunno.
Self said Hunter is speaking on senior night.

"The only four that will speak will be Parker....and Hunter...Juan won't speak because he will be a returnee..."
I'm curious to see if there is any NBA interest. He has shown improvement, but at 2mil a year, he's going to have to impress to get more than that in the NBA.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'm torn....

With HD we maybe have a chance at a natty next year.

Without HD we almost certainly don't (and waste the last year of Kj and DH), but we get started on the rebuild a year early and have massive playing time to offer the incoming freshman NBA hopefuls the following year with the departure of DH and Kj.

Bidunga is a nice recruit, but raw. I'd prefer he be at the 4 if possible (eventually)....but that next class is wide open with tons of high end guys we are in on.

Add that to seasoned Elmarko Philon and Passmore and maybe we've got our next contender.

Just not sure Self is willing to burn years on a rebuild in the twighlight of his career. He may be more enclined to keep chasing the KM and HD type transfers.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:44 pm I'm torn....

Without HD we almost certainly don't (and waste the last year of Kj and DH), but we get started on the rebuild a year early and have massive playing time to offer the incoming freshman NBA hopefuls the following year with the departure of DH and Kj.

Bidunga is a nice recruit, but raw. I'd prefer he be at the 4 if possible (eventually)....but that next class is wide open with tons of high end guys we are in on.

Add that to seasoned Elmarko Philon and Passmore and maybe we've got our next contender.

Just not sure Self is willing to burn years on a rebuild in the twighlight of his career. He may be more enclined to keep chasing the KM and HD type transfers.
You want bidunga at the 4??
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:14 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:44 pm I'm torn....

You want bidunga at the 4??
If he only ends up being 6'8 or 6'9, then yes? Not next year (especially if no HD), but long term.

I want BIG shot blocking 5s. Just a preference.

Was it you who posted a video of him shooting 3s a few weeks ago? It's around here somewhere. If he can do that then he's already a better shooter than Kj.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I usually do too but there are exceptions.

Tshwiebwe was Bigundas height.
Onyeka Okongwu was smaller and was a block machine.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:32 pm I usually do too but there are exceptions.

Tshwiebwe was Bigundas height.
Onyeka Okongwu was smaller and was a block machine.
Definitely not turning my nose up at Bidunga specifically....just seems like if there was ever a time to be picky and for Self to go all out every single year, it's now. It's a sprint to the finish over the next 5-7 years. Try to get another natty or two and solidify his legacy.

And if Bidunga can shoot at even a 30% clip from 3pt with the speed and athletic ability he has, then he's capable of being a college 4....truthfully he probably projects as an NBA 4, so I am guessing his camp wants him to play the 4.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Bidunga is a big. Not a forward. He's athletic yes, but not a perimeter player. He's got crazy explosiveness for a big guy and long arms. He dunks as effortlessly as anyone we've had hear in awhile. He is definitely a "5"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Are you familiar with bismack biyombo? Bidunga is that type of physical specimen.

Biyombo was only 6'8 but athletic and crazy long arms. True center
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bismack Biyombo?

Or Cheick Diallo?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fwiw, it's entirely possible Bidunga has grown.

I see him listed anywhere from 6'8 - 6'10.5

7'4 wingspan.

I am not turning my nose up at him. Only turning my nose up at 6'8 centers in general. Yes, you can find exceptions.

And if HD comes back, we may not have to worry about Bidunga being here anyway.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

How do you feel about Bryce? Bush league by GCU but I have a bigger problem with U.T. Arlington's players response.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4n_T6sx8vz ... _copy_link
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.