IPAs

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

IPAs

Post by ousdahl »

They still suck.

They were never supposed to be good in the first place! Excessive hops are just meant to be a fucking preservative! Imagine someone thinking they made food better cuz they loaded it up with extra potassium bromate.

Anywho, created this thread just to rant about a brewery I went to with this bumble babe. They served a lager, a sour, and eleven IPAs. Fuck those fucks.

So I said babe if you wanna hang again then meet me at the Stockman’s bar in North Park and I’ll buy you some Coorses. Oh, and bring a Bowie knife too.
TDub
Contributor

Re: IPAs

Post by TDub »

you're the IPA of kcrim. extra over the top, attention seeking, desperate to be trendy so the new hipsters will buy it.

And, after all of that, its just build up for disgust and disappointment.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Assuming not many of your "Bumble Babes" take you up on the second date?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:10 pm Assuming not many of your "Bumble Babes" take you up on the second date?
you're assuming they exist in the first place.

Bold of you.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

As a fan of IPAs well before the hipsters found it, I think that Coors tastes like what I imagine the urine of someone who has imbibed one too many IPAs would taste like. It’s not like the brewery doesn’t know how to make tasty beer. Just that the flagship beer is geared towards someone who doesn’t really care what they drink as long as it comes from a container which insinuates that it is beer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

IPAs can be very good.
I don’t like the overhopped ones.
Lunch from Maine Beer co is one of my favorite beers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I've had a few good IPAs but most are gross, fattening and leave you with a morning headache. I get that the volume of different varieties of hops out there leave it as the best candidate for creating something "different" but I have been cheering for the beer industry to move on from this IPA phase for more than a year now. Enough already, let's get to the next thing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:12 am IPAs can be very good.
I don’t like the overhopped ones.
Lunch from Maine Beer co is one of my favorite beers.
Bro but they’re ALL overhopped.

That’s what an IPA is!

Otherwise it’s a pale ale.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overhopped for an IPA.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Boulevard pale ale is/was prob my fave beer. Ever since a particularly sentimental night way back when I was…uh, twenty-one years old.

But even that is a bit much for me any more.

Now Boulevard Irish Ale is my fave. Spring seasonal but could drink it all year. Can’t find it in CO tho. Although most liquor stores carry Boulevard it’s mostly just like Tank 7, various space camper IPAs, the super strong quads in 4 packs, and wheat beer. No Irish tho, sigh.

I hardly drink much any more anyway. And if I do it’s like one lite beer
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

War beard Ale from Eldorado is a good counter to the IPA. Smooth. That surprised me--little breweries springing up. I always wanted my own small batch business after retirement.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like boulevard so much tho not just sentiment but for the longest time their lineup of beers were actually beers - a wheat, a pale ale, a porter, a stout, etc.

Now most breweries are like have an IPA, a double IPA, an imperial IPA, a double imperial IPA, a hazy IPA, a fruity IPA, a session IPA, a double imperial hazy fruity session IPA, and a sour.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The thing about IPAs is that they can cover up fuck ups and are often easier to make. So that, along with the craze of the last decade, is probably a reason why so many breweries make mostly IPAs.

I prefer a clean Pilsner or a red lager but IPAs are in the rotation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The six packs I generally pick up when I hit my favorite beer shop:

My go-to favorite is Cornstalker Dark Wheat beer from Thunderhead Brewery out of Kearney, NE.
Sierra Nevada's Wild Little Thing is a good sour that I enjoy as well. I liked it so much that I tried a bunch of different sours but have mostly hated every other one. It's been harder to find lately.
West O Coco Chocolate Stout is a great end of the night dark beer that isn't too heavy.
Brickway Brewery's Raspberry Hefeweizen is clean and light (for me). Good stuff if I want to have more than one beer.
Prost Hefeweizen for a decently authentic German Hefe. A sentimental reminder of trips to the Prosit bar in Frisco, CO I used to hit with my father-in-law a lot when we were in the area.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We have very different tastes in beer.
( which is normal and fine )
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My all time favorite beers:
Boulevard Wheat
Dos Equis Amber
Space Dust
Modela Negro
Shiner Bock
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lunch
Kilkenny
Guinness
Machine Pilz
Sam Adams Oktoberfest

Honorable mentions bc they are just go to’s Miller Lite and Corona. Not very good but drinkable over a full day.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:23 pm Lunch
Kilkenny
Guinness
Machine Pilz
Sam Adams Oktoberfest

Honorable mentions bc they are just go to’s Miller Lite and Corona. Not very good but drinkable over a full day.
Guinness and Sam Adams Oktoberfest would be on my list as well. I'd drink a Miller Lite if we were on a golf course because it's usually the only drinkable beer they have.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:53 pm My all time favorite beers:
Boulevard Wheat
Dos Equis Amber
Space Dust
Modela Negro
Shiner Bock
Could be my list too. Man.
MICHHAWK