Recruiting

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Recruiting

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 am
AlOerter wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:15 am Right now Bleacher Report has Furphy at 28 and McCullar at 32. Obviously those are just educated guesses subject to performances at combine.
My gut says KM will drop a bit. Simply because I am not sure the things he's really good at will shine in a combine setting. Minimal ball movement and no team defensive concept. I think someone could get a decent NBA bench player role out of him in the 2nd round. He does the little things well.

If Furphy gets hot shooting at the combine he could skyrocket because he could thrive in the up and down shot chucking environment.
I have three concerns about Furphy at the combine - and I have concerns that the combine may have a bigger negative impact on him than a positive impact.

1. He could be/get cold shooting.
2. He could get exposed even more defensively. I say what I do about defense and the ability to become a better defender but some teams may shy away if he gets absolutely abused - and he may.
3. He could get injured. Or, he might have something physical that can be a concern. i.e - Does he have a history of shin splints, does he rotator cuff or back issues, etc.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 pm
AlOerter wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:15 am Right now Bleacher Report has Furphy at 28 and McCullar at 32. Obviously those are just educated guesses subject to performances at combine.
My gut says KM will drop a bit. Simply because I am not sure the things he's really good at will shine in a combine setting. Minimal ball movement and no team defensive concept. I think someone could get a decent NBA bench player role out of him in the 2nd round. He does the little things well.

If Furphy gets hot shooting at the combine he could skyrocket because he could thrive in the up and down shot chucking environment.
I have three concerns about Furphy at the combine - and I have concerns that the combine may have a bigger negative impact on him than a positive impact.

2. He could get exposed even more defensively. I say what I do about defense and the ability to become a better defender but some teams may shy away if he gets absolutely abused - and he may.
3. He could get injured. Or, he might have something physical that can be a concern. i.e - Does he have a history of shin splints, does he rotator cuff or back issues, etc.
sure, but the same paragraph could be written about every player ever to attend a combine. It's of why the sure fire top picks rarely attend the events.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 pm

sure, but the same paragraph could be written about every player ever to attend a combine. It's of why the sure fire top picks rarely attend the events.
Yep. The "sure fire top picks" May have not much to gain and a lot to lose.
Problem is in the NBA, they are required to attend "and participate" in the combine. I'm not sure to what extent If any they must participate in the "scrimmages".
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

They do not have to participate in scrimmages if they don't want to. I think they have to show up and get measured though.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:29 pm They do not have to participate in scrimmages if they don't want to. I think they have to show up and get measured though.
Correct.
I don't know why I was confused about that being that it specifically says.....

"Every NBA invitee must attend the combine, undergoing various evaluations such as skills assessments, height and wingspan measurements, medical checks, team interviews, media interactions, and more to qualify for the draft. Notably, participating in scrimmage games at the combine is now optional".
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I guess the scrimmage would be mostly for those trying to improve their stock.