NCAA Tournament 2024

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:29 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm https://x.com/WildcatsTongue/status/177 ... sAVuw&s=09

For the "Calipari is a great Xs and Os coach" crowd.
lmao

he’s not wrong
Yeah, who knows if the techniques he is yelling about are truly the right call in those situations but there seemed to be a lot of situations where UK just didn't know how to handle screens and left far too much space. They have been giving up tons of points all season, even if they managed to outscore their opponent.
two things i recall off the top of my head that, i think, were absolutely correct:

1) the off-ball defensive spacing, where you’re even with your man (the uk player was lower…deeper toward the paint) so you close out quicker/more easily

2) the disruption of the 4-pt shooter as he’s coming across court on the staggered screens

those seem pretty basic to me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:29 pm
lmao

he’s not wrong
Yeah, who knows if the techniques he is yelling about are truly the right call in those situations but there seemed to be a lot of situations where UK just didn't know how to handle screens and left far too much space. They have been giving up tons of points all season, even if they managed to outscore their opponent.
two things i recall off the top of my head that, i think, were absolutely correct:

1) the off-ball defensive spacing, where you’re even with your man (the uk player was lower…deeper toward the paint) so you close out quicker/more easily

2) the disruption of the 4-pt shooter as he’s coming across court on the staggered screens

those seem pretty basic to me
And all the stuff about how you feed a guy toward the double team instead of overplaying and letting someone spin away from the double easily. When it happens that many times, it means it has just not been emphasized by coaching enough.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yale hanging with Auburn
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm Yale hanging with Auburn
Yale had KU down 11 in the 1st half in AFH before we closed strong and won by 15 thanks to 34 from McCullar.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Down goes 7 seed Florida to KU grad Tad Boyle's 10 seeded Colorado.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

What's the SEC now, 1-5? Down goes 4 seed Auburn.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm What's the SEC now, 1-5? Down goes 4 seed Auburn.
i think that’s correct

Big12 is 4-2, i think
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Pretty boring day of hoops today.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm Pretty boring day of hoops today.
Northwestern OT win.

Colorado buzzer beater.

Auburn upset.

San Diego state wins a close one.

But yes, other than those 4, a lot of blowouts today.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:24 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm Pretty boring day of hoops today.
Northwestern OT win.

Colorado buzzer beater.

Auburn upset.

San Diego state wins a close one.

But yes, other than those 4, a lot of blowouts today.
To me, the Colorado game was good. The Auburn game was good. Both were happening at the exact same time so maybe that made it seem like less fun, I don't know. Getting to OT in the Northwestern game was good but OT was a blowout. I didn't watch the SDSU game as I have never found them very enjoyable to watch.

Just not a lot of close ones or as many big upsets so far as I thought there would be this year. I went into the tourney thinking that with so much parity and top teams losing so much more than usual that there would have been a little more chaos. We lost a three, a four and some sixes. A pretty normal year comparatively.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Go Longwood!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Go James Madison!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

LEXINGTON - The University of Kentucky announced this morning that they are offering men's basketball coach John Calipari a contract extension that defies the boundaries of both time and space.

Calipari, already under a lifetime contract with UK, is set to sign a "double lifetime" contract extension that ensures his presence on the court even beyond the grave. The new contract not only guarantees Calipari a staggering pay raise but also grants him the unprecedented ability to coach from the afterlife.

"We believe in Coach Calipari's vision for the program, both in this life and the next," stated UK's athletic director Mitch Barnhart in a press release.

The timing of this announcement is being called into question following last night's heartbreaking first round loss to Oakland in the NCAA tournament. University officials maintain that the decision was made independently of last night's crushing defeat.

However, some critics couldn't help but wonder if the contract extension was a desperate attempt to distract fans from the team's disappointing performance. "Maybe they're hoping Coach Cal can work some magic from the beyond to salvage their program," noted longtime fan Anthony Beeler of Georgetown.

According to details of the contract, Calipari will receive an annual salary of $17 million until the year 2424, as well as a $20 million signing bonus. In addition, beginning next year, all children born in central Kentucky will have to be named after him.

"I'm committed to this program," said Calipari, when asked about his new contract. "Go Wildcats!"

This is a developing story.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:51 pm LEXINGTON - The University of Kentucky announced this morning that they are offering men's basketball coach John Calipari a contract extension that defies the boundaries of both time and space.

Calipari, already under a lifetime contract with UK, is set to sign a "double lifetime" contract extension that ensures his presence on the court even beyond the grave. The new contract not only guarantees Calipari a staggering pay raise but also grants him the unprecedented ability to coach from the afterlife.

"We believe in Coach Calipari's vision for the program, both in this life and the next," stated UK's athletic director Mitch Barnhart in a press release.

The timing of this announcement is being called into question following last night's heartbreaking first round loss to Oakland in the NCAA tournament. University officials maintain that the decision was made independently of last night's crushing defeat.

However, some critics couldn't help but wonder if the contract extension was a desperate attempt to distract fans from the team's disappointing performance. "Maybe they're hoping Coach Cal can work some magic from the beyond to salvage their program," noted longtime fan Anthony Beeler of Georgetown.

According to details of the contract, Calipari will receive an annual salary of $17 million until the year 2424, as well as a $20 million signing bonus. In addition, beginning next year, all children born in central Kentucky will have to be named after him.

"I'm committed to this program," said Calipari, when asked about his new contract. "Go Wildcats!"

This is a developing story.
Georgetown Times is pretty funny
Defense. Rebounds.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Anyone watching Grand Canyon v St. Mary's?

TGF just hit a step back three... 18 points so far, high effort defense and definitely looks like a guy who would see the court on this year's squad for Bill Self.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Grand Canyon looking pretty athletic. Love to have TGF back.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 pm Anyone watching Grand Canyon v St. Mary's?

TGF just hit a step back three... 18 points so far, high effort defense and definitely looks like a guy who would see the court on this year's squad for Bill Self.
He's a great story.

https://twitter.com/brhoops/status/1771408265223508082

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status ... 0877869348
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Not sure if this is 100% accurate.

Atlantic 10: 2-0
ACC: 4-1
Big 12: 5-3
Big East: 3-0
Big Ten: 4-2
Mountain West: 3-4
Pac-12: 5-0
SEC: 3-5

Will Graves
@WillGravesAP

Oakland coach Greg Kampe said the school sold $8,000 worth of T-shirts to people whose credit cards matched Louisville zip codes.
“I don’t know if when Louisville and UK play next year the Louisville ppl are gonna show up in Oakland shirts or what.”

Yale's band wasn't able to travel to Spokane.
So, Idaho's band filled in for them—and wore Yale apparel.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

no, it’s not cal’s fault that they’re 18

but, it’s absolutely his fault that all he’s got in the cupboard are 18 yr-olds