NCAA Tournament 2024

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by KUTradition »

Cam Spencer puttin up buckets for uconn is salt to an open wound
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm Cam Spencer puttin up buckets for uconn is salt to an open wound
was thinking the same thing
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm Cam Spencer puttin up buckets for uconn is salt to an open wound
was thinking the same thing
he’s been the difference in this game for uconn…crazy how things work out (or don’t)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think what pisses me off most about this year was the lack of effort.

Watching these teams, even frigging Clemson (who has decent athletes nut nothing crazy) is really playing hard, going after it. Our team most of the season just looked like they were half assed and walking around hoping something good happened instead of going and getting it. huge difference in the effort levels (at least in appearance).
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm I think what pisses me off most about this year was the lack of effort.

Watching these teams, even frigging Clemson (who has decent athletes nut nothing crazy) is really playing hard, going after it. Our team most of the season just looked like they were half assed and walking around hoping something good happened instead of going and getting it. huge difference in the effort levels (at least in appearance).
i thought i saw entitlement
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Poor coaching and a lack of fundamentals did in AZ. Good coaching and strong fundamentals helped Clemson. Good for Clemson.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm I think what pisses me off most about this year was the lack of effort.

i thought i saw entitlement
probably a fair word
Just Ledoux it
thebones

Post by thebones »

Right. It all reminded me when my kid started playing bitty soccer, she'd just be prancing and skipping around the field. Hoping the ball would randomly come her way for a feeble attempt at a kick.

That was KU all year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Honestly, I hold Harris and KJ mostly responsible for this. It is their roles to be the gas pedal in their roles. Harris just plays at too slow a speed too often. With the ball in his hands, he can take his foot off the pedal to scan and analyze. And KJ's top 5 energy games have been amazing which makes the bottom 5 energy games that much more frustrating.

They've each been at Kansas for long enough that they should have a full understanding how to take advantage of being at one of the greatest development programs in the sport. But I doubt that either will walk away from their end of season wrap up meeting with the coaching staff feeling like they reached their expected development level.

Maybe I am being swayed by watching the Chiefs response to their Super Bowl 57 win and say "I liked that, let's do it again" and figure out how to get back to being a bad ass unit that gets them themselves back to their peak at the right time. Look at the styles of teams that are winning the last two years.

I keep coming back to the effects of the covid year. I think we still have one more season of "extra old" guys that have one extra eligibility year to play. Lots of vets still out their playing. Next year is going to be old as fuck.

Experienced and more matured players who have better developed game and physique are beating young, inexperienced "more talented" players with "better" coaches.

And Allie LaForce has been notably excellent in today's broadcast. Very well prepared, accurate and treats everyone positively while being on point with her questions and statements.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

thebones wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Right. It all reminded me when my kid started playing bitty soccer, she'd just be prancing and skipping around the field. Hoping the ball would randomly come her way for a feeble attempt at a kick.

That was KU all year.
exactly
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Iowa state just flailing around throwing up absolute garbage shots. they're gonna get destroyed if they keep that up
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And sorry, not sorry but if I had to say who replaces Self if he chooses to retire let's say 6 years from now, I'd still say Nate Oats is the right pick. His stuff is fun to watch. He would kill it at KU.

That is unless he is already gone from Bama to take something along the lines of the Kentucky job.

He already gets good players. The "change" of recruiting to KU wouldn't be a huge step up. It only improves what he is already pitching successfully to top tier players.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm Poor coaching and a lack of fundamentals did in AZ. Good coaching and strong fundamentals helped Clemson. Good for Clemson.
yikes not good for my bracket, had AZ winning the dumb tourney. is it baseball season yet?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cormac Ryan is in his 6th year of college hoops with one a redshirt season. 150+ games and 120 starts. Old guys hitting threes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pass on Oats.
Let a dude associated with a murder play on his team like nbd.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm And sorry, not sorry but if I had to say who replaces Self if he chooses to retire let's say 6 years from now, I'd still say Nate Oats is the right pick. His stuff is fun to watch. He would kill it at KU.

That is unless he is already gone from Bama to take something along the lines of the Kentucky job.

He already gets good players. The "change" of recruiting to KU wouldn't be a huge step up. It only improves what he is already pitching successfully to top tier players.
There’s gotta be a better way to phrase that
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Self went after Carolina's Harrison Ingram and Bama's Grant Nelson out of the portal and missed. Sometimes the right pieces just don't come along at the right time and sometimes it does and just chooses to play somewhere else. Fickle sport.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Enjoyed watching Iowa State lose.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm I'd still say Nate Oats is the right pick. He would kill it at KU.

....maybe, but would his players kill at KU is my question?

No thanks.

I'd much prefer Danny Hurley. Similar age. And better at coaching.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

so UConn gonna play Illinois then the winner of 'Bama/Clemson? this bracket opened right up for them, what a cake walk to the championship game. i mean, i know anyone can lose in March, blah blah blah, but this is one of those instances where the road is wide open for them, a lot like ours 2 years ago.