KCromprehension Scores

You Love It.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KCromprehension Scores

Post by pdub »

These scores aren't necessarily civility though there is a link.
It's more, hey I read your post, and aren't going to straw man or red herring or whatever terms we use for misrepresenting/manipulating what you said -- that's how you get a good score.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sorry to hear you're depressed Q. Being sad sucks.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:31 am Sorry to hear you're depressed Q. Being sad sucks.
so open, brave for sharing and sincere, he's really an inspiration. but titties...omg...
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:54 am If you're wondering who our all star is, it's ( slightly reluctantly ) jfish.
He even takes the time to try to have in depth discussions with randy ( 1.9 ).

jfish - 9.2
there's a lot of posters who can score high here depending on the day and the topic...but yea, I'd probably say the most consistent as far as effort to continue actual discussion regardless of who it may be with or what it may be about is probably Jfish, and Shirley is pretty high up there too. They have patience (or time, or both) that many of us dont.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:31 am These scores aren't necessarily civility though there is a link.
It's more, hey I read your post, and aren't going to straw man or red herring or whatever terms we use for misrepresenting/manipulating what you said -- that's how you get a good score.
Well then how’s fish get such a high score when I try to discuss things like, “maybe this is more about things like global energy markets and Raytheon stocks than it is about any sort of freedom and democracy,” and he replies with, “no yer just a Putin parrot!!!!”

Maybe this is more about
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish has given you so much patience.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i love when people can’t make a point, so the deliberately mischaracterize the views of other
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:17 am I think I’ve mentioned this in some sense previously, but jfish has been my model for message bored demeanor for a while now.

I’ve been trying to dial back my own bullshit, and not give into the urge to call names and go for zingers and wrestle pigs in mud, and just try for a civil dialogue. I dunno if anyone even noticed tho. And maybe I’m not even doing a good job anyway.

I’ve also been increasingly depressed. It started in 2019. Then 2020 wasn’t exactly the best year for mental health, either. And that shit’s like 5 years ago now, fuck, but I’m still in a rut.

The thing that’s helped the most lately is the tinder thread. As it turns out, the world just seems a little less fucked up when you have a nice pair of titties in your face. Mmm. I feel a little wind in my sails just thinking about it. Goddamn.

I digress.

But yes, I been thinking about a thread like, “message boreding: a cautionary tale.” It just sucks that like 2 decades into this it’s been defined by poster exoduses and everyone being pissed at everyone. There has to be a better way. I wish we had more of a sense of camaraderie here. But I also know most of the bored thinks the conflict is all my fault.

I’ve also been thinking about a gratitude thread. Cuz, among other things, and not to brag, but I feel like you guys really don’t appreciate my dive bar reviews enough.

Even though you occasionally go off the deep end, I still like you, dude.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks 99. Likewise!

I’d put 99’s score at like a 9.9

Now if you wanna go gangbang the bbq thread in Haiti, I will if you will
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:49 am i love when people can’t make a point, so the deliberately mischaracterize the views of other
And despite our bickering, I still like you too trad.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:49 am i love when people can’t make a point, so the deliberately mischaracterize the views of other
I was thinking (hoping) this thread wasn't going to be another one of those threads....
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:10 am 10 being very good listener/reader, responds well to comments with additive material directly relating to the subject at hand.

1 being a 3 year old child who can identify letters.

I'll start.

randy - 1.9
Here's a glimpse into what life on kansascrimson is like for me sometimes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4ql9EcJXTA ... R2cm9uMQ==
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damn Randy, you fuck a lot of rodents