Welcome Riley Kugel

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Welcome Riley Kugel

Post by ousdahl »

Dood took 11 shots in 23 minutes a game

If he is expected to fill some rotation role, I’m guessing it’s the “go get shots for us when our offense sputters out” role, maybe?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this get doesn't seem very exciting.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

i'm gonna reserve judgement. he's got a good looking stroke, can beat a man and get to the hoop, and we'll see if he can play good enough D. he's certainly athletic enouth to do it, we'll see about mental makeup. D and shooting are desperately needed, so this is a pretty good gamble IMO.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:51 am Dood took 11 shots in 23 minutes a game

If he is expected to fill some rotation role, I’m guessing it’s the “go get shots for us when our offense sputters out” role, maybe?
Yes. He is a scorer with NBA upside due to length and athleticism. Decent ball handler. Makes bad decisions though when trying to do too much.

He's an upgrade from Elmarko and Jamari. At least for what type of players we need around DH and KJ, and probably HD next year.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Remy’s role wasn’t all that dissimilar
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Cautiously optimistic on this one. He has some tools, but sounds like he had a stretch of the season last year, where he had a shooting slump, struggled with confidence and turnovers

Is he a decent defender? If not he might struggle to get minutes and earn selfs trust
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:47 am Remy’s role wasn’t all that dissimilar
And, at least there is an opportunity for us to have multiple years with RK. Even if he's not ready to set the world on fire next year, I think by his senior year he will have a good chance to be an all big "12" caliber player.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

We don’t need all big 12 from him. Just don’t look like he ate a bag of paint chips before the game is what I ask.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:50 am Cautiously optimistic on this one. He has some tools, but sounds like he had a stretch of the season last year, where he had a shooting slump, struggled with confidence and turnovers

Is he a decent defender? If not he might struggle to get minutes and earn selfs trust
I think this might be traditionally called the sophomore slump.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

reading more about this, it sure sounds like it could just be an issue of fit/environment at uf
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 am reading more about this, it sure sounds like it could just be an issue of fit/environment at uf
Well, self has a year of the wrong fit experience to have learned from.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

hopefully we are not paying this kid much. if anything.

we have some cap space now that km is off the rolls. so we should be able to sign 1 or 2 big names in free agency.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:26 am hopefully we are not paying this kid much. if anything.

we have some cap space now that km is off the rolls. so we should be able to sign 1 or 2 big names in free agency.
Why do you intentionally say things that are false? Do you think it’s clever?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

with km off the roll$ we just freed up about 3/4 of a million dollar$. what i$ untrue about that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's probably true but we don't have a set cap space.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm That's probably true but we don't have a set cap space.
“We” - even if it just means the program generally - are also not paying anything. The distinction matters. If and when all of this settles into a direct pay model, then I think fans will be more entitled to gripes about what players get.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm That's probably true but we don't have a set cap space.
“We” - even if it just means the program generally - are also not paying anything. The distinction matters.
I mean...come on now...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:38 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 pm
“We” - even if it just means the program generally - are also not paying anything. The distinction matters.
I mean...come on now...
The only cost to the program, at present, is that maybe some donors are declining interest in funding our fifteenth locker room renovation in the last 20 years. I understand you’re unhappy with the direction generally and I’m not arguing that point. But it’s just not truthful, in form or substance, to suggest that the program is paying anything more than it has been.

I think that will change, and that will generate a whole other series of conversations. But that’s not where things are at.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i suppose we could float the kid a gift card to the tattoo parlor or something. but past that. he ain't earned nothing from us.