Welcome Riley Kugel

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Riley Kugel

Post by pdub »

OK, if you don't think our program is directly related/in contact with the powers that be that are getting this money, and that there are plenty of perks associated with said money, then I have a downtown Royals ballpark that is going to completely super charge the KC economy to sell you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:49 pm OK, if you don't think our program is directly related/in contact with the powers that be that are getting this money, and that there are plenty of perks associated with said money, then I have a downtown Royals ballpark that is going to completely super charge the KC economy to sell you.
Nothing there rises close to the level of saying the program is paying NIL money.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm That's probably true but we don't have a set cap space.
Not set in stone, but surely there is some kind of yearly budget alloted
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:57 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:49 pm OK, if you don't think our program is directly related/in contact with the powers that be that are getting this money, and that there are plenty of perks associated with said money, then I have a downtown Royals ballpark that is going to completely super charge the KC economy to sell you.
Nothing there rises close to the level of saying the program is paying NIL money.
Err, ok.
May I interest you in this bridge while we are at it?
Maybe some swampland and/or other items that I can sell you?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

is he trying to imply that HCBS is not pulling the nil purse strings. is that what he is trying to sell us.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KJHGUY

Post by KJHGUY »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:23 pm is he trying to imply that HCBS is not pulling the nil purse strings. is that what he is trying to sell us.
I think so
Rock chalk jayhawk 🔴🔵
IAM Doning BIG THING YOU DIGG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No, our program isn't directly paying NIL money, but they pay a lot of money to a number of people who partner ( and likely lead/instruct ) directly with those who pay the NIL money, not excluding the person at the top who gets paid the most.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And so what if he is? It is still not money that, at present, supports the statement that "we" are paying anything. Not even indirectly!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:43 pm i suppose we could float the kid a gift card to the tattoo parlor
Finally, someone gets it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:31 pm And so what if he is? It is still not money that, at present, supports the statement that "we" are paying anything. Not even indirectly!
Again, the biggest difference with NIL is less that players are getting paid, and more that pdub has to hear about it instead of pretending otherwise.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

or. that with our vast resources. our tradition. our hof coach.

our nil $$$ is pulling in guys like klugel.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:44 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:31 pm And so what if he is? It is still not money that, at present, supports the statement that "we" are paying anything. Not even indirectly!
Again, the biggest difference with NIL is less that players are getting paid, and more that pdub has to hear about it instead of pretending otherwise.
Always a dumb argument and continues to be dumb argument.
( unless you think there's some conspiracy for why players, and good ones, at Kansas are saying they didn't get paid )
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

…cuz that’s what KU’s PR coaches trained them to do?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

These are players who aren't at KU anymore but you do you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So then, what’s the conspiracy for women’s hoops players at directional Kentucky saying, “yeah, I got paid too, don’t be naive lol, we were all getting paid”

?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:47 pm or. that with our vast resources. our tradition. our hof coach.

our nil $$$ is pulling in guys like klugel.
I remain fascinated by what you think you're accomplishing by purposefully misspelling certain people's names.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:02 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:26 am hopefully we are not paying this kid much. if anything.

we have some cap space now that km is off the rolls. so we should be able to sign 1 or 2 big names in free agency.
Why do you intentionally say things that are false? Do you think it’s clever?
I hate being lumped into the same pile with the michigander...but

I was thinking it
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I would love to know what our yearly NIL budget is for basketball. It's better than most I'd assume. There is no salary cap, but it also isn't unlimited
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:03 pm I would love to know what our yearly NIL budget is for basketball. It's better than most I'd assume. There is no salary cap, but it also isn't unlimited
I am guessing in the $5,000,000+ range.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the bluebloods, KU included, have lost our advantage. now that the shoe companies are no longer funneling us players. it used to be the same 4-5-6 schools getting all the good players.

all schools have rich alums. that has leveled the playing field.