Iowa/UConn women’s game

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Iowa/UConn women’s game

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:42 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:23 pm

Fwiw (A loss to South Carolina and a few Pop Corners that I'm eating right now?)
If I am not mistaken, I think Clark shot a better % from behind the 3 point line as a Freshman as she did as a Senior. Yes, she probably took shots from deeper as a Senior but I would rather have my player shoot and make 3s from closer range than miss them from further.

P.S. She missed 8 more 3 pointers than she made last night. Just like she did against Colorado.
She missed 9 more than she made against West Virginia.
She had games during the season where she shot 2-14, 3-16, 2-11, and 2-16.
And Steph Curry, widely recognized as the greatest shooter the NBA has ever seen, has had games this season of 0-8, 0-9, 0-9, 1-10, 3-13, 4-14 etc....
And..... You and I understand that great shooters have off days/nights.
Sure, she's a great shooter but the FACT is, there were a whole bunch of players who had better 3 point shooting percentages than she did.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... e/dir/desc

And.... You and I understand many of those players weren't defended by their opponents best defenders nor "keyed" on as often as Clark was.

And.....
And....
And....

Sorry, I'm just not as in awe of her as a shooter as many other people are. That's all. If that makes me a hater, then so be it.
Speaking of being in awe, today I was in awe of my 90 year old mother rambling off things about Caitlin Clark that I didn't know.
My mother actually knew that she led the NCAA in assists during the regular season. I admit I didn't know that.
What I do know and am impressed about her is that she is averaging 7.6 rebounds and 9.4 assists in the tournament. That impresses me more than her averring 22 shots a game.
Agreed. There are times where she plays like Trae Young when he was at Oklahoma. Deep shots with a higher chance to go in than if anyone else shot it but still a low percentage chance of hitting added to a bunch of turnovers due to always having the ball.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

30pts is impressive....until you see it took 28 shots.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You blew it Clark.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 pmYou blew it Clark.
She was out of control the last three minutes. But SC had a much bigger team
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn’t watch.
Checked out the box score.
10-28 is bad.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 pm 30pts is impressive....until you see it took 28 shots.
She was taking it all on her shoulders. Lost composure. Iowa lost the game inside like you would expect.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Fun game to watch.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They could have cut the lead to four and just played sped up as it got away. Forcing shots inside againt the tall trees. I did enjoy it. South Carolina won the game recruiting.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:13 pm I didn’t watch.
Checked out the box score.
10-28 is bad.
An Iverson line. Long rebounds helped them close. For a while. Exhausted at the end I think
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That is an Iverson line.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 pm That is an Iverson line.
The shooting % or the # of championships won?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Like Iverson made back to back finals.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Here we go. She's not necessarily wrong and brings up good points but..... she's also kind of pulling a Gale Sayers.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 4971521135
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh god. Why say it even if you think it's true.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:23 pm They could have cut the lead to four and just played sped up as it got away. Forcing shots inside againt the tall trees. I did enjoy it. South Carolina won the game recruiting.
South Carolina killed Iowa on the glass and were just better than Iowa overall. Clark took a lot of really terrible shots that she normally hits a few more of. No one on Iowa could hit much of anything in the 2nd half and Iowa had zero bench help of any kind.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:48 pm Here we go. She's not necessarily wrong and brings up good points but..... she's also kind of pulling a Gale Sayers.

She's 100% wrong. If she said that her achievement was more impressive then she would be right. But she no longer has the record.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:34 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:48 pm Here we go. She's not necessarily wrong and brings up good points but..... she's also kind of pulling a Gale Sayers.

She's 100% wrong. If she said that her achievement was more impressive then she would be right. But she no longer has the record.
My bad, I should have clarified my post.
I agree with you, she's 100% wrong about "thinking" her record hasn't been broken.
I don't think she's wrong in regards to feeling she didn't get the respect she deserved, and pointing out that the game is different today than it was when she played.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

twocoach wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:32 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:23 pm They could have cut the lead to four and just played sped up as it got away. Forcing shots inside againt the tall trees. I did enjoy it. South Carolina won the game recruiting.
South Carolina killed Iowa on the glass and were just better than Iowa overall. Clark took a lot of really terrible shots that she normally hits a few more of. No one on Iowa could hit much of anything in the 2nd half and Iowa had zero bench help of any kind.

Clark and the team were gassed by the 4th quarter, legs giving out, missing shots. SC was too tall and too deep. Iowa failed to get a true 5 through the portal.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ok, I'll be the one to say it and open myself up for abuse.
Staley said what she did about transgender people playing women's sports.
If people want to question Brittney Griner's gender and assume things, why aren't they questioning and assuming Ashlyn Watkins', or Kamilla Cardoso's, or Adel Tac's, or MiLaysia Fulwiley's, or Raven Johnson's, or Khadijah Sessions', or...... gender?