Calapari to Arkansas?

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Calapari to Arkansas?

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:45 am I did a drop in to Rupp and the general feeling is they'll get Hurley or Donovan now.
Next it'll be Phil Jackson. And after that, Red Auerbach.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's gotta be Beard or Pearl now right?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:52 am
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:45 am I did a drop in to Rupp and the general feeling is they'll get Hurley or Donovan now.
Next it'll be Phil Jackson. And after that, Red Auerbach.
Next up is Chucky. And if they get turned down by him too, then it'll be Pete Carroll, who is dying to come back to the college ranks. They've already had to turn Saban down twice, but he keeps calling.

Wait. This is the Nebraska football thread, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Smart man Scott drew. A win for the big 12

Man how hilarious is it that all these people keep passing on kentucky
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Don't take Oltzelberger.
I like him at ISU.

( not that I think he's a realistic candidate for them - Blue Nation would loose their shit )
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:22 am Don't take Oltzelberger.
I like him at ISU.

( not that I think he's a realistic candidate for them - Blue Nation would loose their shit )
Honestly I think he might be their best bet.... whether they realize it or not. Seems like a young coach with a really bright future

But yeah, I'd like the big 12 to keep him too
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I hope 10 more people turn them down. This is fun watching their fans get slapped in the face with the reality that they just ran their HoF coach out of town and other coaches don't feel that the UK job is worth what is being offered and what they have to deal with from their fans.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:49 am I hope 10 more people turn them down. This is fun watching their fans get slapped in the face with the reality that they just ran their HoF coach out of town and other coaches don't feel that the UK job is worth what is being offered and what they have to deal with from their fans.
100 %

It's funny cause UK fans think that the Kentucky head coaching job is like the ultimate position in college hoops, and hell it should be up there.

But Kentucky fans are the reason nobody wants it. It's like a cursed position
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think UK fans are on another level of obnoxious ( my experiences with them have been the absolute worst ) - the worst fans and that includes attending away Mizzou games - so I very much know our fanbase would give more leeway and grace than they are BUT:

If in 7 years KU only had 1 B12 title, 1 Elite 8 and a season where we missed the tourney entirely, how would we be acting like in regards to Self?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:26 pm I think UK fans are on another level of obnoxious ( my experiences with them have been the absolute worst ) - the worst fans and that includes attending away Mizzou games - so I very much know our fanbase would give more leeway and grace than they are BUT:

If in 7 years KU only had 1 B12 title, 1 Elite 8 and a season where we missed the tourney entirely, how would we be acting like in regards to Self?
We haven't had a stretch like that since Ted Owens.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i have not met the fanbase yet. that is all civilized enlightend educated advanced developed cultured polite courteous patient when the going gets tough. not in this age of the social medias.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pdub is right. Calipari has had a rough stretch by Kentucky terms. A lot of schools would be happy to make the tournament 6 out of 7 years tho, with one elite 8 run

Hell is that what k state strives for? Lol

But yeah, I don't think kansas fans would handle that very well either. Think how kansas fans handled this one season we just had
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am It's gotta be Beard or Pearl now right?
You'd think.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

they also think they have a shot at coach K

so...

they're reasonable people
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:26 pm I think UK fans are on another level of obnoxious ( my experiences with them have been the absolute worst ) - the worst fans and that includes attending away Mizzou games - so I very much know our fanbase would give more leeway and grace than they are BUT:

What's hilarious is that they think that it makes them look GOOD as a fan base that UK fans allegedly tracked down where Scott Drew was eating dinner, called the restaurant and had a message delivered to him that BBN needs him to take the UK job.

It's like telling a woman that your creepy stalking of her just shows how much you love her. Tell it to the judge...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:47 pm

What's hilarious is that they think that it makes them look GOOD as a fan base that UK fans allegedly tracked down where Scott Drew was eating dinner, called the restaurant and had a message delivered to him that BBN needs him to take the UK job.

It's like telling a woman that your creepy stalking of her just shows how much you love her. Tell it to the judge...
Wanna make a woman uncomfortable?
Tell her you KNOW where she lives.

Wanna freak her the fuck out?
Tell her you SAW where she lives.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I just hope this goes on long enough for them to do something really stupid like hire an ex-player just for the sake of the splash.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:56 pm I just hope this goes on long enough for them to do something really stupid like hire an ex-player just for the sake of the splash.
Scott Frost and I told you that you have the WrOnG tHrEaD!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Richie Farmer is probably employable, and....he has political connections:

Farmer parlayed his status as a basketball icon into two terms as Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner from 2004 to 2012, winning both elections by large margins. In 2011, Kentucky Senate President David L. Williams tapped Farmer – considered a rising star in the state Republican Party – as his running mate in the gubernatorial election. They were defeated by Democratic Governor Steve Beshear and his running mate Jerry Abramson. During the campaign, media reports alleged that Farmer had misused state funds and property as agriculture commissioner and Farmer's successor collaborated with the state auditor to investigate the allegations. As a result, the Executive Branch Ethics Commission charged Farmer with 42 ethics violations – the most against an individual in state history. Attorney General Jack Conway also charged Farmer with violating state campaign finance laws, and a federal grand jury followed with five indictments for abuses of power. Farmer initially contested the charges, but later agreed to a plea bargain. On January 14, 2014, Farmer was sentenced to 27 months in federal prison and ordered to pay $120,500 in restitution and $65,000 in fines. He served almost 20 months in a satellite camp of the United States Penitentiary, Hazelton near Bruceton Mills, West Virginia, before transitioning to a halfway house in Lexington, Kentucky, on December 18, 2015. He was released from the halfway house on January 21, 2016 and is currently residing in Clay County.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:56 pm I just hope this goes on long enough for them to do something really stupid like hire an ex-player just for the sake of the splash.
Rondo