Re: Calapari to Arkansas?

Post by DCHawk1 »

wHaT iF tHeY cOmE aFtEr BiLl?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Will Reed Shepard ( if he ain't locked into the NBA ) transfer?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:19 pm Will Reed Shepard ( if he ain't locked into the NBA ) transfer?
I'm seeing him in the 5-10 range. I think he'd be a fool to chance it by coming back.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am I think if another school hires Cal they are off the hook.
They don't owe him anything.
Yeah, sounds right.

So in that light, Oats' buyout really isn't so daunting at all.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I assume Arkansas will be the new hot program in regards to recruiting and that Cal will have the same issues he had at UK.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if cal has the "same issues" ie 1 national championship 4 final fours at ark. they will have gotten their monies worth.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:41 pm if cal has the "same issues" ie 1 national championship 4 final fours at ark. they will have gotten their monies worth.
Yeah, but after that run, he did 10 years of mostly disappointment...but I guess Arkansas fans might be OK with that, but then again, they did run Nolan Richardson out of town.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

rupp rafters hasn't been down at all today (and by "at all" i mean both times i checked). maybe it was the right timing for Cal, the KY fans don't seem bothered at all, i would call some of them giddy even. #delusional
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

cal is 65. he doesn't have time to disappoint.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:05 am thinking about this more, i actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if tang was actually more successful at baylor than drew
Well, when scott drew took over baylor, there had just been a murder within the basketball program and the team had hit the absolute lowest of rock bottoms.

When this next coach takes over baylor, they inherit a recent national championship, perennial ncaa tournament team/league contender in the strongest basketball conference in the country

Much different situation.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But for tang to be "more successful at baylor" he would have to win a national championship and probably another final 4, while competing at the top of the big 12 yearly and even winning the league a few times.

Do you actually think that would happen??? LOL
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:19 pm Will Reed Shepard ( if he ain't locked into the NBA ) transfer?
If he entered the portal, he could pick any team he wanted, including here. But he would probably just follow cal to Arkansas. Wonder how many Kentucky players or recruits do that
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i said it wouldn’t surprise me

i, personally, think tang is a heck of a coach (even if i don’t really care for his schtick)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:14 pm i said it wouldn’t surprise me

i, personally, think tang is a heck of a coach (even if i don’t really care for his schtick)
I always assumed Tang was the brains behind Drew.

Cuz...well...Scott Drew sucks.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Being that his Dad is a former Kentucky star player, I wouldn't expect him to transfer if he came back to school. But I don't expect him to come back to school after shooting 52% from 3.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:02 pm
If he entered the portal, he could pick any team he wanted, including here. But he would probably just follow cal to Arkansas. Wonder how many Kentucky players or recruits do that
Reed is a life long Kentucky fan. Not a life long Calipari fan. He will either return to UK or go lotto in the draft.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

aaron bradshaw in the portal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the tourney crew basically threw out all the same names that have been mentioned here

drew and oats, and then they had some fun with jay wright
KJHGUY

Post by KJHGUY »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:02 pm wHaT iF tHeY cOmE aFtEr BiLl?
His not going anywere
Rock chalk jayhawk 🔴🔵
IAM Doning BIG THING YOU DIGG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:56 pm
Being that his Dad is a former Kentucky star player, I wouldn't expect him to transfer if he came back to school. Nut I don't expect him to come back to school. But I don't expect him to come back to school after shooting 52% from 3.
blink twice if you're okay
Just Ledoux it