Calapari to Arkansas?

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Calapari to Arkansas?

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 am
The Big 12 getting worse is of no effect on Kansas.
Dumb.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:26 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 am
pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:50 am

lol
$18 million buyout
So not even a year of Calipari's salary, which they gladly get out from under.
More dumb.

Everywhere I am looking says Cal makes less than 9mil a year at UK.

Iirc, Self is the highest paid college coach at around 10mil per year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if drew goes to UK then Tang almost certainly goes to baylor right?

and the kitties...better get on the horn to sweaty weber ASAP.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Did that dood get a haircut yet?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:07 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:56 am oh PLEASE be Scott Drew

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
From a Kansas perspective why would we not want Baylor to remain a top program? The big 12 getting worse doesn't help KU.

And LOL at you if you think he'd do worse at UK than he's done at Baylor. Let em get Nate Oats who hasn't proven he's elite or Billy Donovan who hasn't been in college for a while. The last thing I'd want as a KU fan trying to catch UK in all time wins is Scott Drew going there and doing well.
The Big 12 getting worse is of no effect on Kansas. KU won a national title in 2008 when the rest of the Big 12 was mediocre. If Baylor gets worse then it just means that KU gets one game that isn't quite as hard as it was prior.
^^^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 am

From a Kansas perspective why would we not want Baylor to remain a top program? The big 12 getting worse doesn't help KU.

And LOL at you if you think he'd do worse at UK than he's done at Baylor. Let em get Nate Oats who hasn't proven he's elite or Billy Donovan who hasn't been in college for a while. The last thing I'd want as a KU fan trying to catch UK in all time wins is Scott Drew going there and doing well.
The Big 12 getting worse is of no effect on Kansas. KU won a national title in 2008 when the rest of the Big 12 was mediocre. If Baylor gets worse then it just means that KU gets one game that isn't quite as hard as it was prior.
^^^^^^^
KU has had successful seasons when the Big 12 was weak and successful seasons when it has been strong. It has also had a number of seasons where they have been broken down and injured by the grind of having so many consecutive tough conference games.

There is nothing preventing Baylor from continuing to be good if Drew leaves. But if they aren't quite as good as when he was there, it is of no major negative impact to Kansas. Kansas was great before Scott Drew went to Baylor and will be great after Scott Drew leaves Baylor.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:34 am if drew goes to UK then Tang almost certainly goes to baylor right?

Baylor would almost certainly offer it to Tang. No clue if he wants to go back there or not. Maybe he likes KSU, I don't know.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:33 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:26 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 am

$18 million buyout
So not even a year of Calipari's salary, which they gladly get out from under.
More dumb.

Everywhere I am looking says Cal makes less than 9mil a year at UK.

Iirc, Self is the highest paid college coach at around 10mil per year.
Yeah, I meant two years. Got a phone call while I was typing it and should have just paused my typing. However much it is, it is less than the $33 million he would have to be paid if UK fired him. UK has $15 million more than they thought they would have as they go after their next coach.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy will keep you in check
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

wait, is this real? a week late for an April fools prank.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hoopla wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am wait, is this real? a week late for an April fools prank.
I was in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category when I first saw it but it is looking like contract negotiations are legitimately underway.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

i gotta say, its becoming more believable to me because its typical Cal, right: take over the spotlight on the day of the national championship?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:34 am if drew goes to UK then Tang almost certainly goes to baylor right?

Oh boy this could be great.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:17 am

Oh boy this could be great.
The ripple of these higher level coaching changes is always interesting when it's not just an assistant coach that gets promoted. So many programs and recruits end up being affected. Curious to see how many of his recruits follow him.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

a top 4 program looking for a new coach. there will be a domino affect/effect.

a top 5 active coach changing jobs. there will be an affect/effect.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

do you not know the difference between affect and effect so you're just covering your bases?

cause and....
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:22 am a top 4 program looking for a new coach. there will be a domino affect/effect.

a top 5 active coach changing jobs. there will be an affect/effect.
Depends on whether the replacement has a current HC job or not. There was no domino effect (noun) when Carolina hired Hubert Davis to replace Roy Williams. No other programs were affected (verb).
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Surely a blueblood like Kentucky wouldn't be interested in the lowly scott drew???

Someone explain
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 am

^^^^^^^
It doesn't impact us winning championships, but I am guessing we all like it when the KU and Baylor games are on ESPN or ESPN 2 because both teams are relevant/good....instead of on espn+ because Baylor sucks.

I think playing in a good conference matters. It impacts seeding. It impacts television. I think playing against good players/teams is a net positive for player development and growth as a team.

I mean, basketball isn't the main driver, but the big 12 remaining as one of the top conferences for basketball absolutely is a good thing for KU.