Calapari to Arkansas?

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Calapari to Arkansas?

Post by KUTradition »

hoopla wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 am i gotta say, its becoming more believable to me because its typical Cal, right: take over the spotlight on the day of the national championship?
hahaha…yes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he would be considered a fool if he waited until tomorrow. when all eyes are off semiprocollegiatelikebasketball. cal is not a fool.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 am

The Big 12 getting worse is of no effect on Kansas. KU won a national title in 2008 when the rest of the Big 12 was mediocre. If Baylor gets worse then it just means that KU gets one game that isn't quite as hard as it was prior.
^^^^^^^
It doesn't impact us winning championships, but I am guessing we all like it when the KU and Baylor games are on ESPN or ESPN 2 because both teams are relevant/good....instead of on espn+ because Baylor sucks.

I think playing in a good conference matters. It impacts seeding. It impacts television. I think playing against good players/teams is a net positive for player development and growth as a team.

I mean, basketball isn't the main driver, but the big 12 remaining as one of the top conferences for basketball absolutely is a good thing for KU.
lol

unless baylor completely whiffed on a replacement hire, none of that would change

i personally don’t care if the game is on + or not, i just want to view it from start to finish (which may actually be more likely on + vs. espn/2)

baylor taking a step back will hardly affect the overall strength of the conference (again, depending on hire), imo

i’m not sold that drew would even succeed at uk, but i think tang could very well kill it at baylor
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

scott drew moving states would not change the fact that he sucks.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

over the last 10+ years. the sec has been the main driving force in the killing of collegiate athletics. so phucque them straight up.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

thinking about this more, i actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if tang was actually more successful at baylor than drew
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:51 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 am

^^^^^^^
It doesn't impact us winning championships, but I am guessing we all like it when the KU and Baylor games are on ESPN or ESPN 2 because both teams are relevant/good....instead of on espn+ because Baylor sucks.

I think playing in a good conference matters. It impacts seeding. It impacts television. I think playing against good players/teams is a net positive for player development and growth as a team.

I mean, basketball isn't the main driver, but the big 12 remaining as one of the top conferences for basketball absolutely is a good thing for KU.
lol

unless baylor completely whiffed on a replacement hire, none of that would change

i personally don’t care if the game is on + or not, i just want to view it from start to finish (which may actually be more likely on + vs. espn/2)

baylor taking a step back will hardly affect the overall strength of the conference (again, depending on hire), imo

i’m not sold that drew would even succeed at uk, but i think tang could very well kill it at baylor
What hurt the strength of the conference this year was...us being uncharacteristically meh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:51 am

lol

What hurt the strength of the conference this year was...us being uncharacteristically meh.
absolutely
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the BIG 12 is the best basketball conf. by a wide margin. i want to keep it that way.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:05 am thinking about this more, i actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if tang was actually more successful at baylor than drew
I think that's wildly unrealistic. More successful would mean at least 1 national championship.

Tang just missed the tournament at KState.

And I think Tang is a good coach.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:21 am the BIG 12 is the best basketball conf. by a wide margin. i want to keep it that way.
Not when we suck (relatively speaking anyway), it's not.
KJHGUY

Post by KJHGUY »

Rock chalk jayhawk 🔴🔵
IAM Doning BIG THING YOU DIGG
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

A Pitino return would be cool for his career.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i hope they hire that old retread. but they are not gonna.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oats could be really good there and that will make me want to barf.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am Oats could be really good there and that will make me want to barf.
He's gotta be regretting that new Bama contract.

That said, I haven't seen exactly how the Arkansas thing is gonna work here - given that UK badly wants out of the deal with Cal, more likely than not they're meeting somewhere in the middle (and that plays into UK's cash for its next search).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think if another school hires Cal they are off the hook.
They don't owe him anything.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am I think if another school hires Cal they are off the hook.
this is right.

why would khintuckey owe cal a penny. if cal voluntarily moves on.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am I think if another school hires Cal they are off the hook.
Correct. That's how an article I read this morning explained the lifetime contract thing.

He could have waited and made them fire him and he would have gotten 30+ mil as long as he didn't take another job right away (or something like that).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

After UK’s tourney loss, my fave thread on Rupp was, “do you think Cal is intentionally tanking so he can afford his own private island?”

Was hoping it’d be true, but alas