NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by Shirley »

Impressive!

Curious: What % of the shoes you buy are in your size?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:27 am Impressive!

99%.

From the time I was 17 up until about 5 years ago (I was 52) I would typically buy and wear 10.5s.
Now I typically buy 11s or 11.5s to wear.

If I buy shoes to purposely re-sell, depending on the shoe, I usually go with between 7s and 9s and 13s and 15s.
Reason being - a lot of buyers are either Asian (typically smaller feet) or actual "athletes" (who typically have larger feet).
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:35 am
Shirley wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:27 am Impressive!

99%.

From the time I was 17 up until about 5 years ago (I was 52) I would typically buy and wear 10.5s.
Now I typically buy 11s or 11.5s to wear.

If I buy shoes to purposely re-sell, depending on the shoe, I usually go with between 7s and 9s and 13s and 15s.
Reason being - a lot of buyers are either Asian (typically smaller feet) or actual "athletes" (who typically have larger feet).
Interesting.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

The nugs/wolves series may well be the most entertaining series of the playoffs this year. You can thank Tim Connelly for this. He was the President of Basketball Operations for the nugs and built the team that you see today. In early 2022 the wolves hired him to take the same position and he has refined that roster to be what you see now. When he joined the wolves, he took a few of the key nugs suits and assistant coaches with him. The wolves are built to be nuggets killers.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Funny thing about the way the nuggets are built... when they made that Rudy gobert trade they were the laughing stock of the nba community

Giving away all those draft picks to pair two 7 footer centers together was never going to work
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ramjet wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:14 am The nugs/wolves series may well be the most entertaining series of the playoffs this year. You can thank Tim Connelly for this. He was the President of Basketball Operations for the nugs and built the team that you see today. In early 2022 the wolves hired him to take the same position and he has refined that roster to be what you see now. When he joined the wolves, he took a few of the key nugs suits and assistant coaches with him. The wolves are built to be nuggets killers.
Interesting. I had no idea of the front office connection. He's done an awesome job. There is a lot of talk about Edwards KAT and Gobert, but their other rotation players are sneaky good under the radar guys.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:51 am
ramjet wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:14 am The nugs/wolves series may well be the most entertaining series of the playoffs this year. You can thank Tim Connelly for this. He was the President of Basketball Operations for the nugs and built the team that you see today. In early 2022 the wolves hired him to take the same position and he has refined that roster to be what you see now. When he joined the wolves, he took a few of the key nugs suits and assistant coaches with him. The wolves are built to be nuggets killers.
Interesting. I had no idea of the front office connection. He's done an awesome job. There is a lot of talk about Edwards KAT and Gobert, but their other rotation players are sneaky good under the radar guys.
Bench has been sketchy for the nugs all year. They lost Bruce Brown who was a key rotation in their title run last year. CB and Reggie Jackson have been inconsistent replacements for Brown. Bench production will be key in this series...
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I have to assume you didn't watch the game last night. Or if you did watch it, you missed when the announcers made a point of mentioning the Connelly connection/relationship.

Here is some Connelly praise.....

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/posts/4-g ... lly-nailed

https://www.startribune.com/tim-connell ... 600363156/

As far as the Game 7 that is taking place right now, Cavs should be embarrassed.
Game is far from over and I took the Cavs +8.5 when they were down 15. Still not looking good for them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm
I have to assume you didn't watch the game last night. Or if you did watch it, you missed when the announcers made a point of mentioning the Connelly connection/relationship.

As far as the Game 7 that is taking place right now, Cavs should be embarrassed.
Game is far from over and I took the Cavs +8.5 when they were down 15. Still not looking good for them.
No, I was unable to watch/listen to the game, small fam emergency that I had to take care of. I posted this for yall that don't follow the nugs closely. Living in the Denver area, this has been a topic ever since he left.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ramjet wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:20 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm

No, I was unable to watch/listen to the game, small fam emergency that I had to take care of. I posted this for yall that don't follow the nugs closely. Living in the Denver area, this has been a topic ever since he left.
I hope your emergency isn't/wasn't too serious and everything is ok!
Nuggs are a great story and I am happy for the Denver area that they have a professional team to be excited about and proud of. I guess maybe I should add besides the Avalanche.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Magic Cavs is getting good....
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bron in his prime was an elite defender.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 pm Bron in his prime was an elite defender.
Yes.

LeBron is pretty knowledgable about the history of the game. I wonder if he realizes he's not the only guy to finish 1 or 2 in DPOY who wasn't 1st team All Defense.
I'm confident he knows that the media votes for one and the coaches vote for the other.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:25 pm
Yes.

LeBron is pretty knowledgable about the history of the game. I wonder if he realizes he's not the only guy to finish 1 or 2 in DPOY who wasn't 1st team All Defense.
I'm confident he knows that the media votes for one and the coaches vote for the other.
So the media selected a DPOY that the coaches didn't even think was 1st team all defense. That's dumb.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Remember when he took over the assignment of prime mvp Derrick rose to close out the bulls?

Think Bron was listed at like 260 and the time when he was bulked up, and he was keeping maybe the most freakishly athletic point guard in the league contained to close out a series
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:42 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:25 pm
Yes.

So the media selected a DPOY that the coaches didn't even think was 1st team all defense. That's dumb.
Or vice versa?

Were Roberston, Mutumbo, Chandler, and Gasol not deserving of being 1st team all defense when they won DPOY?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Jimmy Butler with the beer (or wine?) muscles.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6jxbo5vMVs ... _copy_link
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I doubt it Jimmy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Me too but I admire his confidence.

On another note, this man gets abused for what he does on the court. I feel he shouldn't, but he does.

Off the court, when I see things like this, I love the guy. Yes, I realize many/most players are good fathers but for some reason I really appreciate these.

https://twitter.com/Beastbr00k0/status/ ... 8096683124

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1506318656942313478