NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by DeletedUser »

Hard to dislike that guy. Plays hard almost all the time, which is rare for NBA players. If he could shoot he'd be one of the best ever.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:53 pm
pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:40 pm Who is coach NEXT for the LAKERS?!
JJ Redick
So they want to hire a coach who has never coached before to replace a guy whose biggest mistakes were "he's never coached in the NBA before" type mistakes. That is perfectly on par with the Lakers these days.
Par for the course it is. Lakers finalizing a deal with JJ to be their HC.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:25 am Where did you see/hear that?

https://twitter.com/joekeegs/status/1786447786634031562
Woj originally claimed it via sportscenter social media, but now it's gone....so he may have backtracked a bit to wait and see.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:50 am
randylahey wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm The list of guys better/more talented Tatum is pretty small. The dude is an absolute stud. He just needs to forget about trying to be Kobe and just be Jayson tatum
Kind of like how Ant needs to stop trying to be MJ and just be Ant? :?
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ooT7ovnWl ... dyMzEzNWVj

The difference between Ant and Tatum. Ant doesn't like the comparisons, and Tatum wears Kobe armbands (in a Celtics uniform) and makes them himself
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How about five more seconds into that interview?

"But if that era was today do you feel like MJ could guard you?"
"Hellll nah, no."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

delusion
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I couldn't find a thread about the WNBA anywhere, so I'm posting this here:

Joy Reid interviews Brittney Griner tonight at 7pm Eastern on MSNBC about her imprisonment in Russia. Should be interesting.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:21 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:50 am
randylahey wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm The list of guys better/more talented Tatum is pretty small. The dude is an absolute stud. He just needs to forget about trying to be Kobe and just be Jayson tatum
Kind of like how Ant needs to stop trying to be MJ and just be Ant? :?
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ooT7ovnWl ... dyMzEzNWVj

The difference between Ant and Tatum. Ant doesn't like the comparisons, and Tatum wears Kobe armbands (in a Celtics uniform) and makes them himself

1:53 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZPekbPMJME
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Nothing like doing a good job on Haliburton and Nembhard but getting lit up by TJ McConnell and Ben Sheppard.

Feels like the absence of Randle may finally catch up to the Knicks in this series. I'm sure that'll be the kiss of death and they'll come back and win this game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No Gobert tonight.
Line and under/over has shifted.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:11 pm No Gobert tonight.
Line and under/over has shifted.
If the Wolves pull this off without him I'll be shocked.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm Damn, Minnesota is good.

/rant
^^^

36 to 20 Minn with 8:40 left in the 2nd.

I told you so!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea I definitely would rather see Minny if this version of Denver is here to stay.

Denver playing like KU post McCullar injury…Jamal Murray getting smothered by bench players and throwing tantrums.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 thoughts for the price of none after last night's games.....

1. I realize he's not the one missing shots but for those who feel NBA coaches have a bearing on games, I have to assume they must be feeling Malone is being out coached by Finch. By a lot.

2. Jam Murray supposedly has a calf/knee/leg injury. Cuing Gutter...... "Excuses are for losers".
Maybe he does have an injury, and he and his teammates and the fans and the media can use that excuse for why he shot 3-18 last night but they can't use that excuse for why/how he grabbed a season high 13 boards - 3x his season average.

3. I don't know what the odds were before the series started but I do know that right now on FanDuel, the Nuggets are +1500 to win the Championship and the Wolves are +290.
Kind of blows my mind that before this series, dating back to last season, the Nuggets swept the Lakers 4-0 in the Western Finals, went 4-1 in the Finals, went 4-1 against the Lakers this season in the First Round, and now are in a 0-2 hole against Minnesota.
I wouldn't bet against the Wolves to win this series but I do FEEL (not know) they are an Ant injury in Game 3 (that would put him out for the rest of the series) away from not winning it.

4. I've said it before, I will probably say it again, I watched Brunson play in High School. I watched other Chicago area PG who were equally as good if not better PG when I watched them play during Brunson's High School tenure. Yes, Brunson was great his Junior and Senior seasons, and yes - I thought Brunson might be a very good (not necessarily "great") College player, but NEVER in a million years did I think he would have 4 consecutive 40 point (5 consecutive 39+ point) playoff games in the NBA.
ZERO chance he wins league MVP and my guess is he doesn't finish top 5 but it's hard to argue he's not as valuable to the Knicks as any other player is to their team.

5. Can the East be an any more boring story right now (other than maybe Brunson)?
Can the West be an any more exciting story right now? (other than if you are a Nuggs fan and their looking as if they are done?)
Who do you have Thunder/Mavs? I am exactly 50/50 on who I think will win the series but if someone made me choose - I would probably have to go with the Mavs. At the movement. I might say the Thunder if I was asked again 30 seconds later.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thunder/Mavs is gonna rule.
I’m pulling for Thunder.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the hardest part is seeing all the die hard folks in CO as their poor little fan hearts are broken.

no wait...most folks in CO don't even know CO has an NBA team, let alone that they're the defending champs in the playoffs again.

Is it mountain bike season yet?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wow. Didn't expect to wake up and see the Wolves win by 20+.

I like Anthony Edwards a lot, but if they somehow win the title the (undeserved) MJ comparisons are going to get to a nauseating level.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:39 am Wow. Didn't expect to wake up and see the Wolves win by 20+.

I like Anthony Edwards a lot, but if they somehow win the title the (undeserved) MJ comparisons are going to get to a nauseating level.
I feel they/there are deserved COMPARISONS. Nauseating or not.
I don't believe anyone is saying Ant is Michael Jordan (or is better than Michael Jordan). They are comparing him to Michael Jordan. There definitely are similarities.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Here's another comparison for the timberwolves: 2013/14 memphis grizzlies. (Made the conference Finals)

Just a mean physical team that would light you up defensively and made teams miserable