NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by twocoach »

I wonder if Philly will ever get it figured out. Embiid finished with more points than minutes played, something only accomplished by Wilt Chamberlain, and Philly still went out in the first two rounds for the 7th straight season. They just can't seem to keep Embiid healthy and put the right pieces around him with the right coach.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I wish we saw a healthy Bucks team because I feel they would have made the Eastern Finals.
Doc was Doc after the loss. Bucks were 30-13 with Griffin. Sub .500 with Doc.

These made me laugh.

Brendan Vogt
@BrendanVogt
Honestly hat tip to Doc Rivers for taking an insane amount of money to lose and knowing he was going to lose the whole time and telling us he was going to lose the entire time and then losing.
That’s good stuff.

https://twitter.com/HaterReport_/status ... 6208500131
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:22 am I wonder if Philly will ever get it figured out. Embiid finished with more points than minutes played, something only accomplished by Wilt Chamberlain, and Philly still went out in the first two rounds for the 7th straight season. They just can't seem to keep Embiid healthy and put the right pieces around him with the right coach.
I know this is subjective here but it looked like Embiid was gassed, hurt or just not up to the task of playing defense to a high level in this series. For me, it looked like he was moving without intention and slowly and just wasn't an impact at that end.

You definitely cannot blame Embiid for this exit though.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:51 am He leads the league in DPM and DFWS.
He may win DPOY this season - he's the leading candidate.
Your eyetest is close to worthless.
He's a really good defender.

He's not the best defender in the league.

I don't even know what DPM means.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:22 am I wonder if Philly will ever get it figured out. Embiid finished with more points than minutes played, something only accomplished by Wilt Chamberlain, and Philly still went out in the first two rounds for the 7th straight season. They just can't seem to keep Embiid healthy and put the right pieces around him with the right coach.
Only one team can win the championship.
Since Embiid has been with the 6ers they have had the pieces and the coaches to do it. More than once.
It's been a hell of a process for Embiid - and they are yet to get conference Finals. Not much more he can do for his team to be successful. It's like he (and that franchise) is snake bitten.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:18 am Let's talk about the Bucks.
Let down right there.
How about that Doc Rivers ( though it really was the injuries that sent em packing )?

My boy Haliburton getting his playoff feet wet.
Doc had a full compliment of players in like 9 or 10 games I think I read.

Doc wasn't the problem. Dame and Giannis being hurt was ultimately their downfall.

They have a really good roster. They'll be fine. Winning a title is hard. Winning multiple is even harder. I don't view their season as a failure. The NBA has a lot of really good teams right now.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

In my opinion, this loss had more to do with Embiid than the pieces around him.

I don't know if you watched the last 2 games....but in the last several minutes of each game, last night especially, Embiid starts deferring on offense. Pump faking shots he's taken all game. Passing when he shouldn't. Bssically only trying to draw fouls and get bailed out by the refs because he's such a good free throw shooter. He's clearly still developing that area of his game. Still a little unsure of what to do when the stakes are the highest. Thankfully Maxey seems to rise to the moment. Oubre did as well last night.

76ers are close. But always an injury away from disaster.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:31 am I mean, if you don't understand how good Rudy Gobert is then join the randy eyetest club.
Gobert is awesome. Timberwolves have the best defense in the league and he anchors it all. They'll make the nuggets series interesting.

I'd prefer to play gobert 10 out of 10 times instead of jokic

KAT and gobert have multiple all star appearances (fringe all stars)

Jokic has multiple MVPs. This is a head scratching take by pdub lol some of your nba views are wild
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But Minnesota has a nice front court no doubt. If porzingus is still hurt in the finals, either match up will be tough for the Celtics I'll give you that. They've got Naz too that dude is a beast

But jokic is jokic
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nope. They've basically wasted his career with bad move after bad move. The window is closing to build around embiid
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 am

OK but he very may well win defensive player of the year this season which is decided upon by people who watch and cover an infinite more games than you. Who is the best defender in the league? And why do you think 120+ people who all watch and cover more NBA than you do think differently?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As a Celtics fan, if Porzingis is healthy, i'd prefer Minny over Denver.
If Porzingis isn't available, i'll take my chances with Denver ( probably will loose ) as Jokic is likely to get his regardless.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:51 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 am

OK but he very may well win defensive player of the year this season which is decided upon by people who watch and cover an infinite more games than you. Who is the best defender in the league? And why do you think 120+ people who all watch and cover more NBA than you do think differently?
If the players voted on it he wouldn't win.

Overrated sounds bad, but it's relative. I think he's a top 10 defensive player. I don't think he's #1.

And the media guys don't always get it right. Iirc hasn't there been a time or two where the guy who won DPOY didn't even make first team all defense? LeBron or someone was talking about it on a podcast I saw the other day.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Fri May 03, 2024 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:46 am
In my opinion, this loss had more to do with Embiid than the pieces around him.

I don't know if you watched the last 2 games....but in the last several minutes of each game, last night especially, Embiid starts deferring on offense. Pump faking shots he's taken all game. Passing when he shouldn't. Bssically only trying to draw fouls and get bailed out by the refs because he's such a good free throw shooter. He's clearly still developing that area of his game. Still a little unsure of what to do when the stakes are the highest. Thankfully Maxey seems to rise to the moment. Oubre did as well last night.

76ers are close. But always an injury away from disaster.
Embiid is now 30 years old. I think he should have this figured out by now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The players generally dislike him.
It's well known.
There was a good article written about it either on Ringer or ESPN recently.

But how do you know for sure they wouldn't vote for him?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:39 am
Since Embiid has been with the 6ers they have had the pieces and the coaches to do it. More than once.
It's been a hell of a process for Embiid - and they are yet to get conference Finals. Not much more he can do for his team to be successful. It's like he (and that franchise) is snake bitten.
The only season that was remotely close was when Jimmy butler was there, and they took eventual champs Toronto to 7 (the kawhi Leonard game winner)

Otherwise that franchise had done a pitiful job
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Over the past decade gobert has certainly been the leagues best defender. The only other guy you could really argue is draymond

Kawhi was there for awhile, but too any injuries, and as he grew into stardom was more engaged on offense and less defense
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 am As a Celtics fan, if Porzingis is healthy, i'd prefer Minny over Denver.
If Porzingis isn't available, i'll take my chances with Denver ( probably will loose ) as Jokic is likely to get his regardless.
I also think that Bostons players may respond better mentally to being an underdog as opposed to the favorite. Different pressure.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:58 am Embiid is now 30 years old. I think he should have this figured out by now.
It's such a fine line. He's a top 10 player in the world. He's putting up awesome stats.

It's not easy. A lot of great players never win a championship.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:18 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:39 am
The only season that was remotely close was when Jimmy butler was there, and they took eventual champs Toronto to 7 (the kawhi Leonard game winner)

Otherwise that franchise had done a pitiful job
In HINDSIGHT it seems they did a terrible job but they sure made an effort to be successful through the draft and with the addition of bringing in some all-stars - including Harden.