Quitting my job today

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Quitting my job today

Post by Overlander »

I have decided that I can no longer be a part of a "management" team that consistently finger fucks the eye holes of the people that we rely on to generate revenue.

I can't stand by and listen to our Director of Operations call people on our teams idiots and stupid.

I do not want to ignore that our new HR Director (good friends with our Owner/CEOs wife) commits HR violation on top of HR violation. BTW, she was formerly a judge who was fired for blurting out the N-Word in court.

I have had to fire good people simply because our upper management team doesn't like them.

I cannot let this job change who I am as a person, as I feel it is.
Stress eating, stress drinking, driving way too fast..... and becoming irritable.

I am going to tell our DOO this morning that I am done, effective immediately. No 2 weeks, no back and forth why?-How?- When? I will give them the exact same notice that they would give me.

I think I will go explore the Columbia River Basin this weekend....
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Quitting my job today

Post by pdub »

ohshit.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

good luck to you Overlander and well done.

refreshing to see someone choose to actually do something about their issues rather than just bitch about it incessantly.

Enjoy the Basin, there's some beautiful country through there. Where are ya headed?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I made the decision to leave the restaurant business and go back to school due to terrible owners. I enrolled, found a job as a server and gave no notice. I did let my right hand dude know about it a week before and told him I thought they would make him manager, I trained him for the week and swore him to secrecy. One of the other managers warned me against putting in a 2 week notice, he said they fire you on the spot.

Good luck and I'm sure you're feeling a relief.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Props to you Overlander. Having met you, I'm not surprised.

Sorry it came to this point for you, but some things just aren't worth it.

"Exploring" has a nice ring to it! Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for, but even if you don't, it'll be worth it.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

potd
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am good luck to you Overlander and well done.

refreshing to see someone choose to actually do something about their issues rather than just bitch about it incessantly.

Enjoy the Basin, there's some beautiful country through there. Where are ya headed?
Thanks!

For the past few months, I have exposed myself as “not a team player” for questioning why we are taking the path of regarding our employees as line items on a general ledger. Why we are building a culture of encouraging staff members to trample each other to please our management team.

I think I am going to run down I5 to I84, east to the Hood River, then north through the hills back up to Hwy 12.
OnX maps indicates that snow may be too thick for the whole route.

I know I will encounter a TON of trees over the trails. I have 4 fully charged battery packs onboard for my chain saw.
I will go as far as they take me.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm Props to you Overlander. Having met you, I'm not surprised.

"Exploring" has a nice ring to it! Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for, but even if you don't, it'll be worth it.
Thanks! And thank you for the kind words.
I had some good chats with Japhy and Defix about this issue when I was back in Lawrence. Being the wise men that we know they are, their feedback helped
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm I made the decision to leave the restaurant business and go back to school due to terrible owners. I enrolled, found a job as a server and gave no notice. I did let my right hand dude know about it a week before and told him I thought they would make him manager, I trained him for the week and swore him to secrecy. One of the other managers warned me against putting in a 2 week notice, he said they fire you on the spot.

Good luck and I'm sure you're feeling a relief.
Yeah, I let one of my Sales Managers, and a couple of other people that I respect and can trust know over the past week that it was coming. My concierge knew last week.

So many supportive calls and texts today.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Solid integrity. All will work out better.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Thanks Sparko.
I try to stay moving forward by doing things the right way.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, overlander, btw…since you suddenly have so much free time on your hands, you’re in charge of starting the new commit threads from now on.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

IF (not when) I grow up, I want to be like you Jeeper!
I don't really know you other than on here but I'm proud of you. A lot to be said for being a man who won't tolerate bullshit and does something about it. I wish I was as strong as you.
Best of luck to you in all regards.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t really know you but also I am distantly proud. Kudos.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am good luck to you Overlander and well done.

Thanks!

For the past few months, I have exposed myself as “not a team player” for questioning why we are taking the path of regarding our employees as line items on a general ledger. Why we are building a culture of encouraging staff members to trample each other to please our management team.

I think I am going to run down I5 to I84, east to the Hood River, then north through the hills back up to Hwy 12.

I know I will encounter a TON of trees over the trails. I have 4 fully charged battery packs onboard for my chain saw.
it's a bit further, but, if you keep going to jump back across the river at Goldendale there's some good country and trails up from there through Glenwood and then from Gkenwood you can work your way north and take any number of routes back across the mountains. If the snow is prohibitive you can keep working north on the east slope until you get into Naches area and tske a main hwy back across through Whitepass and Packwood.

Can't really go wrong exploring through there.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am I have decided that I can no longer be a part of a "management" team that consistently finger fucks the eye holes of the people that we rely on to generate revenue.

I can't stand by and listen to our Director of Operations call people on our teams idiots and stupid.

I do not want to ignore that our new HR Director (good friends with our Owner/CEOs wife) commits HR violation on top of HR violation. BTW, she was formerly a judge who was fired for blurting out the N-Word in court.

I have had to fire good people simply because our upper management team doesn't like them.

I cannot let this job change who I am as a person, as I feel it is.
Stress eating, stress drinking, driving way too fast..... and becoming irritable.

I am going to tell our DOO this morning that I am done, effective immediately. No 2 weeks, no back and forth why?-How?- When? I will give them the exact same notice that they would give me.

I think I will go explore the Columbia River Basin this weekend....
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm Props to you Overlander. Having met you, I'm not surprised.

I had some good chats with Japhy and Defix about this issue when I was back in Lawrence. Being the wise men that we know they are, their feedback helped
quitter
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

Thanks!

it's a bit further, but, if you keep going to jump back across the river at Goldendale there's some good country and trails up from there through Glenwood and then from Gkenwood you can work your way north and take any number of routes back across the mountains. If the snow is prohibitive you can keep working north on the east slope until you get into Naches area and tske a main hwy back across through Whitepass and Packwood.

Can't really go wrong exploring through there.
Thanks! I will only have Saturday and Sunday to work with this weekend, I will definitely go deeper per your advice
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 pm

quitter
Love you brother