Quitting my job today

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Quitting my job today

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 am agreed on all fronts, we're headed toward a world of Qusdahls.

if only!

(...pols bordey but yea younger generations are not only increasingly progressive; but, as the world becomes increasingly unaffordable but also increasingly uninhabitable, also increasingly disillusioned by established systems that got us there, like capitalism. I think you meant to suggest "a world of Qusdahls" means a bunch of entitled brats too clueless to change their own damn tire, but that's actually a criticism more of a class-based socioeconomic hierarchy. The true Qusdahls would rather build societies without class distinctions. In that regard, this term is likely misapplied here. Or, if your comment was more about mutual aid, and were instead referencing AAA's description of themselves as "a not-for-profit, fully tax-paying, mutual benefit corporation," with "no shareholders," whose "mandate is to serve our Members," then maybe that isn't quite so misapplied after all, considering how giddy the Qusdahls get over the construct of "mutual aid," if we can apply it here. Oh, and I'd like to conclude by referring you to the time, well-documented right here on the boreds, when I offered the mutual aid of spending the day up a forest road to help Defixione change his tire after AAA wasn't worth a damn. Rather, it WAS a bunch of Qusdahls - yours truly, and a few off-the-grid bohemian artsy types who happened to drive by and offer their tools - who ultimately helped get that tire changed...take that, market-based solution!)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

oh my god.

I meant it exactly in the context it was said.

you constantly come here and bitch and moa and complain about things that most adults that had learned anything through the years would be addressing and fixing them damn selves.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

okay then...if I ever happen to drive past you with a flat tire, don't expect me to help unless I'm compensated according to what the market forces of supply and demand may dictate at that particular time and place.

better?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:55 pm okay then...if I ever happen to drive past you with a flat tire, don't expect me to help unless I'm compensated according to what the market forces of supply and demand may dictate at that particular time and place.

better?
deal, I'm capable of changing a tire on my own and woukd prefer to do it in silence without an accompanying lesson in geopolitical memes.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, to once again leverage the wonders of free market supply and demand…

You better hope you get that flat on private property.

Cuz if it’s a public road, imma pull over right by you and read every single page of Kapital at the top of my voice, unless or until you pay me to shut up.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

where I'm going, we don't need Roads ~ Doc Brown
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 pm where I'm going, we don't need Roads ~ Doc Brown
“Paved Roads: Another Example of Wasteful Government Spending “
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm It didn’t hurt that he had a Jeep.
The truth comes out.

Congrats on quitting a shitty situation. Life is too short to be stuck in an unhappy work situation. Plenty of ways to make money that don't suck the happiness out of life.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:15 am Only a matter of time before a certain uncle comes around to blame the millennials...when it's not entirely their fault. They didn't enable themselves.

‘We’ must remember, ‘they’ suck in large part, being brought up by people our age(ish). It’s really our fault young people are a bunch of clueless retarded pussy ass bitches (I tried to hit a lot of no no words there, purposely).

But, most likely, everyone here has done a stellar job, and it’s all the ‘fault’ of ‘other’ people. I know it’s not my fault. I have either shot blanks, or the women have swallowed, so no kids of my own. Probably best my DNA ends here.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Probably best my DNA ends here.

agreed.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"