Quitting my job today

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Quitting my job today

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am I have decided that I can no longer be a part of a "management" team that consistently finger fucks the eye holes of the people that we rely on to generate revenue.

I can't stand by and listen to our Director of Operations call people on our teams idiots and stupid.

I do not want to ignore that our new HR Director (good friends with our Owner/CEOs wife) commits HR violation on top of HR violation. BTW, she was formerly a judge who was fired for blurting out the N-Word in court.

I have had to fire good people simply because our upper management team doesn't like them.

I cannot let this job change who I am as a person, as I feel it is.
Stress eating, stress drinking, driving way too fast..... and becoming irritable.

I am going to tell our DOO this morning that I am done, effective immediately. No 2 weeks, no back and forth why?-How?- When? I will give them the exact same notice that they would give me.

I think I will go explore the Columbia River Basin this weekend....
Expected….appreciated…
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm Oh, overlander, btw…since you suddenly have so much free time on your hands, you’re in charge of starting the new commit threads from now on.
Nah, I am thinking of forcing my way into the Event Coordinator position in the Empire. Japhy is in danger of burning out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:08 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm Oh, overlander, btw…since you suddenly have so much free time on your hands, you’re in charge of starting the new commit threads from now on.
Nah, I am thinking of forcing my way into the Event Coordinator position in the Empire. Japhy is in danger of burning out.
You could always just do private security for a Constitutional Sheriff-aligned survivalist.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think we can find a place for you. The coordinator doubles as the bouncer which is why I think you would be perfect. You would likely be called upon to mix Manhattans at times as well.

And you would be too integral to operations to send on a goat cheese run.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:10 pm
You could always just do private security for a Constitutional Sheriff-aligned survivalist.
And leave him bleeding out in the woods?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 pm
I think we can find a place for you. The coordinator doubles as the bouncer which is why I think you would be perfect. You would likely be called upon to mix Manhattans at times as well.

First point on our contract:
The Manhattan Mixer is NOT responsible for paying for the ingredients.

Second item:
Bouncing duties shall NOT exceed 2 “grab em by the belt and toss them onto Worth Street” events. If we find ourselves exceeding those numbers, we will need to sub contract DC for weekends. Kind of a Wade to my Dalton. He needs to step up his stache game in preparation.

Third item:
Any subsequent ass whoopings that myself (or DC/Wade) end up doling out MUST be followed by either Japhy pissing on or Ousy crying on, the offenders fetal-prone bodies.

If we can agree to these initial basic guidelines…we can move into the compensation stage.

Since you are next in line for the Mayor Throne in Center, I assume that you are in a position to negotiate?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My first day of freedom didn’t go as planned.
Ended up on a side project.
Down by Mt St Helen’s, I stopped to get gas. There was a kid , same age as my youngest stepson, there with a jet ski trailer that had blown a tire.
He didn’t have a spare, and was really upset.
He is from Portland, and had gone to Seattle to buy this jet ski that he had saved his money for.

He was too far from any one he knew to help him. He was scared to leave the jet ski because someone might steal it.
I drove back 25 miles to a Walmart and bought 2 new tires and came back down.
Poor kid didn’t have any tools either.
We got them installed and got him on his way.
Now, it’s raining and cloudy.

If it was my kid, I hope someone would have helped him the same.

It didn’t hurt that he had a Jeep.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:31 pm

Second item:
Bouncing duties shall NOT exceed 2 “grab em by the belt and toss them onto Worth Street” events. If we find ourselves exceeding those numbers, we will need to sub contract DC for weekends. Kind of a Wade to my Dalton. He needs to step up his stache game in preparation.

Third item:
Any subsequent ass whoopings that myself (or DC/Wade) end up doling out MUST be followed by either Japhy pissing on or Ousy crying on, the offenders fetal-prone bodies.

If we can agree to these initial basic guidelines…we can move into the compensation stage.

Since you are next in line for the Mayor Throne in Center, I assume that you are in a position to negotiate?
Item first: I recently did a home inspection for Annie's coworker. They wanted to play me but my usual fee is not what they should pay was friend of a friend. I declined payment. But the husband is a liquor distributor. Annie suggested he pay us with some of the bourbon sitting around the basement. The booze is currently sitting at the bar "service window" in Bill's Big Party Garage so we got that covered.

Second item: agreed, and would you consider "Victor the Knife" as a suitable substitution for DC in the instance of Suzy Creamcheese not allowing him travel privileges to see his riff raff internet friends? Victor is well known in the valley and I suspect he would only have to ask people to leave and no physical contact necessary.

Third item: Agreed, we might consider throwing them out in the alley in back for public decency reasons.

Although I am not a town official, I am the master of my domain and all that I survey so I can legally agree to your terms in a binding manner.

With regards to compensation; I will grant you prima nocta rights to Big Blue. All the alcohol and weed you can intake during events in town, and treat you and the missus to breakfast at the Sunflour Cafe every morning you are in the valley.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm My first day of freedom didn’t go as planned.
Down by Mt St Helen’s, I stopped to get gas. There was a kid , same age as my youngest stepson, there with a jet ski trailer that had blown a tire.
He is from Portland, and had gone to Seattle to buy this jet ski that he had saved his money for.

He was too far from any one he knew to help him. He was scared to leave the jet ski because someone might steal it.

for a quitter you are good people
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm My first day of freedom didn’t go as planned.

^^^

No doubt you helped restore the kid's belief in humanity.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 pm
japhy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 pm

^^^

No doubt you helped restore the kid's belief in humanity.
Or confirm his faith in Jeep owners.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I didn’t want him to pay for the tires.
I told him the repayment would be to help someone he finds in a similar situation.

I ran in to wash my hands, and when I came out, there was $150 under my windshield wiper.

Good kid.
I also taught him how to change his first tire.

Having an exhaust jack and cordless impact were luxuries he probably won’t see again!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:31 pm

Second item:

Third item:

Item first: I recently did a home inspection for Annie's coworker. They wanted to play me but my usual fee is not what they should pay was friend of a friend. I declined payment. But the husband is a liquor distributor. Annie suggested he pay us with some of the bourbon sitting around the basement. The booze is currently sitting at the bar "service window" in Bill's Big Party Garage so we got that covered.

Second item: agreed, and would you consider "Victor the Knife" as a suitable substitution for DC in the instance of Suzy Creamcheese not allowing him travel privileges to see his riff raff internet friends? Victor is well known in the valley and I suspect he would only have to ask people to leave and no physical contact necessary.

Third item: Agreed, we might consider throwing them out in the alley in back for public decency reasons.

Although I am not a town official, I am the master of my domain and all that I survey so I can legally agree to your terms in a binding manner.

With regards to compensation; I will grant you prima nocta rights to Big Blue. All the alcohol and weed you can intake during events in town, and treat you and the missus to breakfast at the Sunflour Cafe every morning you are in the valley.
Counter:
Item 1- I am particular about the liquor that creates my famous Manhattans.
These are details that we can fine tune as we move forward.

Item 2- My first request was DC. I have no idea if he can whoop ass, but he is a big fella. Plus, the banter back and forth with DC would be legendary.
I think this one would hinge on the stache.

Victor would definitely be an asset, but he kinda scares me. The way he pulled those knives indicated he has some experience. But, he seems like a good dude. If he can help with item 1, I would consider him a stand in.

Item 3-Seems an unnecessary extra step considering urinating in the middle Worth Street is apparently not restricted. Would you consider this back alley situation warranted even if Ousy cried on them?

Compensation seems in line with going rate. Your foresight in mentioning big blue early and closing with Sunflour indicate that you are motivated to get this deal done.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:21 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:10 pm

And leave him bleeding out in the woods?
I mean, you’ll have to start a whole new thread, but eventually, yeah I guess.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:06 pm I didn’t want him to pay for the tires.
I told him the repayment would be to help someone he finds in a similar situation.

I ran in to wash my hands, and when I came out, there was $150 under my windshield wiper.

Good kid.

Having an exhaust jack and cordless impact were luxuries he probably won’t see again!
why do so many kids now, not know how to change tires? Itvwas like a basic requirement when we were getting our licenses..(and before for all our random buggies and things we'd drag around before we drove).

good acts all around, by all involved sounds like. Good stuff.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:08 am
Overlander wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:06 pm I didn’t want him to pay for the tires.

Good kid.

why do so many kids now, not know how to change tires?
Probably has to do with the relative infrequency of flats today compared to our youth; I haven’t had one on which to even dad-lesson a kid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am
TDub wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:08 am

Good kid.

why do so many kids now, not know how to change tires?
Probably has to do with the relative infrequency of flats today compared to our youth; I haven’t had one on which to even dad-lesson a kid.
tires seem to do better now, that's true.

I've still had 3 or 4 I think in the last year or so. But, the churt rock gravel roads and dirt roads probably don't help longevity of tires
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i just had one recently…ran over a balancing weight, apparently

not gonna lie, i was kinda proud of how quickly i was able to swap it out for the spare
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My sons first tire change lesson was when he and I were Jeeping Cougar Peak in Idaho.
He breeched a downed tree, and one of the limbs had broken off, creating a perfect sharp edge.
It tore a 5” gash in the sidewall.

Every time we started jacking the Jeep up, it started sliding on the loose rock and falling off the jack. I eventually had to use the winch on my Jeep to hold it in one position.

He also learned just how heavy a 35X12.50 tire and wheel is!

If I had any idea how to post pics here, I have some good ones.