The Lurker says...

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

The Lurker says...

Post by japhy »

Don't ask me, I don't write them. I just channel The Lurker.

"To actually do something would mean first arming yourself with good information and putting it into some sort off adult context, then realizing that changing shit is a grind. But then when the grinding OF OTHER PEOPLE yields tangible results....well, it's not enough so fuck the system.

This sayeth The Lurker."

They/them seems like kind of a cynical fuck.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Re: The Lurker says...

Post by ousdahl »

Wut?

Fuck it…

POTD
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

More cryptic weird stuff.

Know them by what they focus on. If they ignore threads concerning unprecedented corruption in their party and on our Supreme Court only to bring up.....menthol cigarettes in a fit of pique, ye shall know their hearts.

Thus sayeth The Lurker

God damn they/them talks fancy assed.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

all I got out of that is that somebody hates Newports and Tupac
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think StarCraft.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm More cryptic weird stuff.

Know them by what they focus on. If they ignore threads concerning unprecedented corruption in their party and on our Supreme Court only to bring up.....menthol cigarettes in a fit of pique, ye shall know their hearts.

Thus sayeth The Lurker

God damn they/them talks fancy assed.
LOL

Tell Fenton Matt Taibbi and I are very happy together.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

LOLs are the-dog-ate-my-homework defense of message boards.

Thus declareth The Lurker
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

meh

He was never very interesting anyway.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm
LOLs are the-dog-ate-my-homework defense of message boards.

Thus declareth The Lurker
Dear Lurker:

I know, despite your pseudo-poetic language, that you have no appreciation for literature. Still, your appearance here reminds me of Toohey confronting Roark in The Fountianhead.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Funny you should bring him up. I was visiting the Sondern-Adler House with a prospective buyer on Friday afternoon. I told him the FLW story that was told to me by former Taliesin manservant/cult member and KU Prof Curtis Besinger. Mr Besinger was a good dude, one of my favorites at Marvin Hall.

He was the project manager for the Adler addition to the Sondern House. The addition, was a new larger dining room and living room. Adler had one request, the family had a beloved dining room table and chairs and the new dining room had to accommodate that. Pretty simple. FLW and Mr Besinger show up in KC to present THE DESIGN and discuss. The edge of the new dining room is defined by a three stepped drop that descends into the living room space. No railings or barriers, just three steps across the entire space that drop down to the lower space with a higher ceiling. There are lots of photos out there if you wanna see what it looks like.

Adler brings up the fitment of the table. The steps would start right at the back of the chairs if the dining table was set in the room. Anyone trying to get into, or out of, their chairs would risk falling over backwards down the steps. The space was too tight and obviously no consideration was given to the one things the Adler's asked he keeps in mind. FLW in his infinite wisdom declared that the table could be cut in half and the middle 1/3 removed and glued back together at half it's width, problem solved, genius confirmed once again!

A screaming match ensues and FLW declares he will burn the plans, the Adler's do not deserve his genius, they are too simple to understand the perfection of the "golden ratio" or some other BS. The Adlers were happy for him to piss off. Mr. Besinger stepped in between them and convinced the little man with a big chip on his shoulder to get on the train back to Chicago while he did damage control. Adler sat down with Mr Besinger and worked out a plan that widened the dining room level to allow for safe use of their family dining table and the addition was built per Mr. Besinger's plans.

Months later FLW reappears to bask in the glory of his genius. "See, see" he tells that Adlers, "the plan was perfection, aren't you glad you didn't mess it up and followed my instructions?". Both Adler and Mr. Besinger had to bite their tongue. Mr. Besinger told us he thought Adler was going to hit him but restrained himself.

The moral of the story, I don't know.

But I have found that most people who are convinced of their own genius are mostly full of shit, that was especially true of Ayn. I am always surprised to find out that grownups read her tripe and buy into it. Freshman and sophomore architecture students, sure. But unless they get cured of that belief; that concession to such things as the laws of physics and client use/budget is secondary to the pursuit of their pure vision, they will be relegated to designing homes for their doting parents.

So which are you in this scenario DC, Ellsworth or Howard?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Funny you should bring that up.

Did I ever mention that Creamcheese has a degree in architecture but never practiced because she realized all architects are assholes? (LOL @ Doyel)

So if you're wondering about the relevance of this post to yours, then that makes us even, I guess.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Don't get me started about architects.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 pm Don't get me started about architects.
I can only imagine.

Japhy too, I'd guess -- which makes it all the clearer that his inarguably fascinating story was less about the Lurker (whoever that is ;) ) and more about whatever happened to be on his mind at the moment.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm So if you're wondering about the relevance of this post to yours, then that makes us even, I guess.
But I thought you had read the Fountainhead?

Oh well.

And not all architects are assholes, some pay their invoices in less than 120 days. But not many.
It hurts to hear that you don't even think of me at all.

Thus lamenteth The Lurker
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It hurts to hear that you don't even think of me at all.

Thus lamenteth The Lurker
Can I be blunt?

I don't think it hurts you that I don't think of you at all. Rather, I think it hurts you that I don't want to play, that I don't want to feed your obsession or provide the dopamine rush you get from the surge of self-righteousness at political confrontation. I understand, at this particularly fraught moment, that you desperately crave an enemy.

But it ain't me.

ETA: Perhaps, though, you could find one here: https://www.racket.news/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seems a little obsessed.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 pm
Can I be blunt?

I don't think it hurts you that I don't think of you at all. Rather, I think it hurts you that I don't want to play, that I don't want to feed your obsession or provide the dopamine rush you get from the surge of self-righteousness at political confrontation. I understand, at this particularly fraught moment, that you desperately crave an enemy.

But it ain't me.

ETA: Perhaps, though, you could find one here: https://www.racket.news/
I would call that direct. "Blunt" would seem to indicate the use of a dull tool and this seems more "incisive".

I do appreciate that we have moved on from Rand to Dylan, nice pivot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey lurker it's the offseason - make a new account with a funny meme name and join us.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I was sorta expecting something Dylanesque, but the Lurker being the the Lurker, it sounds more Suessian.
Oh how do I keep from owning my shit
Or for my party, who's made things so dire?
Something cryptic, let's see, oh yes, now I've got it!
I'll keep repeating Yeats' widening gyre!

Thus rhymeth The Lurker